Benitez

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Napoli will be the next name on his beloved CV it seems.

jeff_goldblum

That'd be interesting. Did Benitez ever play with a back three at Valencia? Given Napoli have been playing that way for a while it'd be interesting to see whether he'd stick with that or whether he'd switch to a four. I can't see him being the man to help them topple Juventus at any rate.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Napoli is his level. He'll do well there (by well I mean not win the league but see some silverware elsewhere).

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
:lol: You just know the dipper fans will find a way to spin fading into mediocrity at Napoli into taking on the entire universe and winning.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
He'll kick up another fuss with the owners if/when they sell Cavani and/or Hamsik and then promptly get sacked

TheRisingSun

Banned
Did the Chavs ever stop hating him?
Not really, but there was something of an uneasy truce towards the end. A lot of the ire was caused by Benitez publically making overtures for the job longer term, when he came out with that rant after the Boro game and said "I will be gone at the end of the season, they don't have to worry about that" it knocked a lot of it on the head.

Lailiani

(Sadly not) Banned
:lol: You just know the dipper fans will find a way to spin fading into mediocrity at napoli into taking on the entire universe and winning.
rawk said:
good luck rafa. With or without cavani, napoli is the ideal club for him. The platform to succeed is solid. He can make them better. Serie a and champions' league next season is not out of the question.
rawk said:
good luck rafa, if maradona's still remembered for winning a couple of titles, hope you do the same.
rawk said:
napoli still have the majority of the boys called diego, or simply maradona. If benitez is successful in a few years time you've have the vast majority of the lads called rafa or rafael. As finn mentioned earlier they absolutely idolise people

:d

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Doesn't seem like his type of job to be fair. Aren't they generally set up offensively with 343 or 352? I can't see Benitez sticking to it, he'll implement a dull 451.

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
It has begun

http://www.bigsoccer.com/community/threads/benitez-is-our-new-coach-aka-porky-pig.1987872/page-10

At the end of the day benitez:

1) broke the stronghold of barca/real with valencia twice and won in europe with them.

2) won the champions league with liverpool in his first season
won the FA cup in his second
champions league runners up in his 3rd
liverpool's first sustained title challenge in over a decade in his 5th.

INFIGHTING AMONG THE OWNERS LED TO HIS DECLINE AND EVEN THEN LIVERPOOL FANS REMEMBER HIM FONDLY BECAUSE HE SPOKE OUT AGAINST THEM AND IN THE END IT WAS HIS HEAD THAT ROLLED.

inter was a mess and he redeemed himself at chelsea
That being said, most of you here are italian right?

that means you all enjoy the tactical side of the game more. if so you will love benitez.

his teams are highly compact and use rapid transitions to counterattack.

when he came he built our defense first.looking at your squad i think he will do that too.
cavani,hamsik,insigne should keep you allright in the meantime.

what happened to vargas and how is your youth setup?

also since 97 he has managed 6 clubs and has always one something in his debut season.

enjoy the ride

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Christ almighty. Pathetic.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I meant that every time Benitez arrives at a new club, his/Liverpool fans invade that club's message boards.

JaffyJoe

Provides RedCafe with shit Twitter news
Liverpool fans are fiercely loyal too old Rafa. In terms of the job Napoli is a project the owner must have promised him serious investment because they are losing Cavani so his quality and 30 something goals a year need to be replaced and beyond their first team they don't have much depth. I think Mazzarri took them as far as they could go hence him going to Inter who right now may not be the better team but long term make more sense.

Rooney24

“Inter was a mess”

Yeah, Serie A winners 2010, Coppa Italia Winners 2010 and Champions League winners 2010.

A right mess that is.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
“Inter was a mess”

Yeah, Serie A winners 2010, Coppa Italia Winners 2010 and Champions League winners 2010.

A right mess that is.
They weren't a mess in the sense they were winners, but they were definitely in decline and Mourinho had created a squad for the very (very) short term and with absolutely no view beyond that year. He left because he had gotten absolutely everything he could out of that team and wouldn't have fared much better had he stayed. Well it wouldn't have been as catastrophic and the damage would have been seen over a longer period (Benitez did manage the team in a dreadful fashion), but over time the result would have been the same.

TheRisingSun

Banned
They weren't a mess in the sense they were winners, but they were definitely in decline and Mourinho had created a squad for the very (very) short term and with absolutely no view beyond that year. He left because he had gotten absolutely everything he could out of that team and wouldn't have fared much better had he stayed. Well it wouldn't have been as catastrophic and the damage would have been seen over a longer period (Benitez did manage the team in a dreadful fashion), but over time the result would have been the same.
Rubbish. You think Mourinho would have fallen from grace in such spectacular fashion? Do you think that the squad would have degenerated to that extent within 6 months?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Best of luck to him at Napoli.

My respect has increased for him seeing the way he has handled the Chelsea fans. His clout in the media still annoys me(Ballague, basically all the Times journalists) but there's no doubt that he has done well despite all the shitstorm.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Best of luck to him at Napoli.

My respect has increased for him seeing the way he has handled the Chelsea fans. His clout in the media still annoys me(Ballague, basically all the Times journalists) but there's no doubt that he has done well despite all the shitstorm.
Clout in the media? Rafa?

lolwut?