Benjamin Sesko | Despite Raees best efforts he’s joining Liepzig. Damn you Raees

Status
Not open for further replies.

red thru&thru

@KM & a couple of others can verify or would you prefer a screenshot with the time & date? Maybe you'd be better off not presuming others have the same lack of knowledge as yourself
I follow jb8521 on Twitter and I can tell you, he had Sesko on his radar before 95% of people. I saw a retweet of his back from 2021.

jb is reliable. I appreciate his work. So if he says Sesko met Murtough recently, I for one believe him.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Feel like this would be sensible. Young, cheap for his potential talent.

Trex

So it means the club is privately seeking a replacement for Ronaldo despite the not for sale stance.

Chairman Steve

Why would Newcastle be after a striker when the ink is barely dry on Chris Wood joining and Callum Wilson not even been there two years yet?

I feel like he’d choose us over them just based on the fact he’s going to be the only real centre-forward/striker at the club, especially if Ronaldo leaves.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
So it means the club is privately seeking a replacement for Ronaldo despite the not for sale stance.
Ronaldo is 37, the club would naturally be looking at long term strikers regardless.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Or they are looking for a long-term replacement for a 37 year old who's contract expires in a year...

He might well be on their radar, doesn't mean they are actively trying to sign him this summer. I'd be surprised if this happens in this window.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Why would Newcastle be after a striker when the ink is barely dry on Chris Wood joining and Callum Wilson not even been there two years yet?

I feel like he’d choose us over them just based on the fact he’s going to be the only real centre-forward/striker at the club, especially if Ronaldo leaves.
That and a few other reasons.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic

Because Chris Wood is shite, Wilson is always injured and they are trying to push towards becoming a much better side?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Fabrizio Romano provided a update late last night and said after checking with his sources, it was confirmed to him that United are following the player and he's one of the names under consideration. He also went on to say that the United scouts consider him a really interesting player and the he's one of the players under consideration by the club.

Fast forward to 5:15 of the video below if interested.

Resch

It's not THAT significant for 2 reasons

1. His agent has met with quite a few clubs of late
2. He supposedly isn't on the market till next summer

Unless point 2 has changed, then its not that significant, not to mention that one of the stories that has kicked off all of this talk has been proven to be fake, which is the one about an imminent transfer
Why not?
Salzburg has more than enough strikers. I think they have prepared themselves for selling one (Okafor was discussed some months ago, Adamu too).

Robbie Boy

Because Chris Wood is shite, Wilson is always injured and they are trying to push towards becoming a much better side?
The Caf went through a weird little phase of pretending Chris Wood is good. They were more innocent times, before the FDJ thread existed.

mu4c_20le

Thanks trying my best here in these difficult times. But to be fair AWB was picked out of 800 scouted RB's so there's might be something in this.
Wonder how many they went through to get to Telles. Or why someone like Cucurella was never on the list.

arthurka

Wonder how many they went through to get to Telles. Or why someone like Cucurella was never on the list.
There were also some reports on Cancelo being available for 25-30m I don't know if he made the list. But who knows, our scouting has been nothing short of tragic for years.

jb8521

So as to avoid not being grouped with, my agreement to the initial post was as I thought it was a joke based on your ‘for what it’s worth’ intro. I mean, it’s worth quite a lot I would think if his agents met with our director of football! You were being humble with the info as if it were insignificant, it certainly isn’t!
The wording was because that's all I know so I didn't want to big it up as anything more than it is because it could be just exploratory talks which take place fairly regularly

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Thanks trying my best here in these difficult times. But to be fair AWB was picked out of 800 scouted RB's so there's might be something in this.
Hasn’t the head scout since left?

Bojan Djordjic

Looks incredibly overrated to me and has a strike rate of almost 1 in 4 while Salzburg apparently want £55m. Hopefully agent-fueled drivel.
You're basing it on his age 18 season and you need to adjust it to minutes played. He didn't play full 90s in those games. His per 90 g/a per game is 0.55 for last season which is very impressive for any 18/19 year old.

Resch

You're basing it on his age 18 season and you need to adjust it to minutes played. He didn't play full 90s in those games. His per 90 g/a per game is 0.55 for last season which is very impressive for any 18/19 year old.
Jaissle wants his strikers to press and run, so they get a max. of 60 minutes per match. So he keeps his strikers fresh and happy.
0.55 g/a per 90 min. is impressive, do not forget that Adeyemi was Salzburgs Nr. 9 and started most matches

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
just a little mate. :lol:

I do hope we look to sign a player like Sesko, and possibly loan him out if we feel he isn't ready to contribute straight away, which likely is the case. But if i'm ten Hag, then we do need a forward who will press from the front and display a high level of intensity without the ball. And we can only go off last season and say our attack was blunt and we were malfunctioning as a team where pressing from the front in a collective unit was non existent. We scored less goals than West Ham, Leicester and Arsenal over 38 games in the league.
Ha. Most definitely we do need a forward alternative. I doubt we have the finances to be picking up players now and loaning them out, even if it on occasion makes sense long-term. I just think we would be wise to be a 19-21 year old forward who is on an upwards trajectory and can be moulded by ETH. I also like Ketelaere.

We've lost our best attacker in Mason, Ronnie won't fit well with ETH style of play (if he ends up staying) and we can't count on Martial doing the business all season, let alone over 10 matches in October alone.

Primex

Ok my analysis about sesko.
He's incredibly raw,but has all the ingredients to be a world class all-round striker (Kane,lewandoski,benzema).
Or just a Haaland with less goals, maturity, clinical and exposure. and more link-up play ability.

Marcus

Isn't Hugill a bit similar in terms of being a gangly goal-scoring forward?

Kramer

For what it's worth I was told on Wednesday that his agent had met with both Murtough & Newcastle representatives that day
I’m sorry if you’ve shared your opinion on this before, but how would you compare Sesko to the striking talents we currently have at the academy - McNeil, Hugill and Garnacho?

Would Sesko be able to immediately come in and start matches on the bench for United and make meaningful contributions.

Asking because it appears none of those 3 academy players seem to be on Ten Hag’s radar to play for the 1st team (for this season at least).

Resch

I’m sorry if you’ve shared your opinion on this before, but how would you compare Sesko to the striking talents we currently have at the academy - McNeil, Hugill and Garnacho?

Would Sesko be able to immediately come in and start matches on the bench for United and make meaningful contributions.

Asking because it appears none of those 3 academy players seem to be on Ten Hag’s radar to play for the 1st team (for this season at least).
Is Sekso ready to start every game at a club like United? No
Can he start some matches if needed? Yes.

He had 36 matches last year against grown men, 6 were in the CL, 2 in the CL qualification.
He scored 10 and assisted 7.

Will he need time? Yes
Will he miss chances? Yes
Does he have the potential to succeed? Yes

United need such signings, we can not sign every player for 50 mill., we need some gamble on good talent.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

Answered your own question

TheReligion

Abusive
The Caf went through a weird little phase of pretending Chris Wood is good. They were more innocent times, before the FDJ thread existed.
An international with 33 goals in 68 games is nothing to turn your nose up at @Solius

quirkey

Is Sekso ready to start every game at a club like United? No
Can he start some matches if needed? Yes.

He had 36 matches last year against grown men, 6 were in the CL, 2 in the CL qualification.
He scored 10 and assisted 7.

Will he need time? Yes
Will he miss chances? Yes
Does he have the potential to succeed? Yes

United need such signings, we can not sign every player for 50 mill., we need some gamble on good talent.
Is it not the case that he will cost north of €50m?

prateik

We need a striker.. someone who is ready to play this season..
This is the only guy we have been linked with so far, isnt it? (other than the weak Brobbey link)

We need a striker.. someone who is ready to play this season..
This is the only guy we have been linked with so far, isnt it? (other than the weak Brobbey link)
We have been linked with Depay as well, whether we are actually interested is a completely different discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.