Zoo

As first team strikers coach.

Last edited:

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Bastard knocked us out of CL

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Cool. Always liked him despite that bastard Porto result! Hopefully he does a good job for us.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Is this now Ireland's greatest sporting achievement?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Hope he's a better coach that he's a pundit.
Also think he grew up supporting United.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Cool. I actually remember him being a United fan from back then.

Robbo*

Not great, but we don’t have any strikers so can’t be that bad.

Rockets Redglare

Exactly... Benni is cool and everything, but he was never a standout player and his technique was iffy... Maybe he had really blossomed as a coach, but his name alone doesn't fill me with confidence
Since when did footballing ability dictate how good you are as a coach?

izec

Not sure about his coaching credentials.

But there was talk in the summer about RvP, so it is obvious we looked for a former striker to join as a coach.

mu4c_20le

Actually decent news, he's an excellent finisher, particularly against us

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
First of all, he’s managed in the South African league with Amazulu and CT City and done well with the resources made available to him, his teams played good football and were aggressive and full of energy and pressing, very hard to play against and good going forward so he’s more than a good coach and this is a very good hire. He knows the league well and has top top European experience and I’m excited here. Don’t look down on this hire, he’s a top manager in the making and this is a big bonus for us.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Decent player - too my tricks imo.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
First of all, he’s managed in the South African league with Amazulu and CT City and done well with the resources made available to him, his teams played good football and were aggressive and full of energy and pressing, very hard to play against and good going forward so he’s more than a good coach and this is a very good hire. He knows the league well and has top top European experience and I’m excited here. Don’t look down on this hire, he’s a top manager in the making and this is a big bonus for us.
He won some coach of the year award too right?

Dan_F

As first team strikers coach.

We can take a good guess where Mitten will be getting any inside info from now. Pretty sure he’s mentioned spending time with him previously.

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
He won some coach of the year award too right?
Yes he did, as AmaZulu FC manager. AmaZulu were fantastic and fought till the end with Sundowns and ended up finishing second. To put it into context it’s like Southampton who have been flirting with relegation suddenly challenging City for the title without spending big too. It was a huge achievement, I’m excited about this hire.

Last edited:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Yes he did, as AmaZulu FC Colman’s get. AmaZulu were fantastic and fought trill the end with Sundowns and ended up finishing second. To put it into context it’s like Southampton who have been flirting with relegation suddenly challenging City for the title without spending big too. It was a huge achievement, I’m excited about this hire.
Awesome then. Apparently Mitten said McCarthy was in line for South African manager position.

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
Awesome then. Apparently Mitten said McCarthy was in line for South African manager position.
Yes, as a United fan and with this being a once in a lifetime opportunity he had to jump on it. SA national team job will always be available for Benni down the line.

DevilRed

Wow. Theres a name I thought I'd never hear again.

Ate himself out of the prem when he was with west ham if i remember correctly!

But a pretty decent striker for rovers.