Benoît Badiashile

croadyman

Think we will loan him back to Monaco for another year if we sign him. No way he’s starting ahead of Bailly/Lindelof/Maguire
So what do we do about the situation for next season?

snowkarl

Youngest with biggest potential.
Just not true, Pau Torres is more highly rated by some distance. Gabriel is better by far right now and has grown quite a lot in the past year but probably also more highly rated.

Badiashile is not seen, in France, as a generational talent like Saliba or Varane. Most people think he is Zouma level rated.

He would be an OK buy since he could obviously become better than Bailly but he should be 5th choice.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Just not true, Pau Torres is more highly rated by some distance. Gabriel is better by far right now and has grown quite a lot in the past year but probably also more highly rated.

Badiashile is not seen, in France, as a generational talent like Saliba or Varane. Most people think he is Zouma level rated.

He would be an OK buy since he could obviously become better than Bailly but he should be 5th choice.
There's that word again ...

Joseunited

According to sources 22m Euros turned down and they will accept a 'Martial like fee.'
Many think a fee of around 40/50m Euros will secure him. That's if we want to go for potential
Somewhere somebody will blame Ed for ridiculously inflated transfer fees.

MrSingh2002

Why the hell is there so much negativity on him?! Best news we've had in ages that we've bid for him.

Hopefully we get to sign him and within 6 months he'll be starting regularly for us. His standing tackle is the business!

croadyman

Why the hell is there so much negativity on him?! Best news we've had in ages that we've bid for him.

Hopefully we get to sign him and within 6 months he'll be starting regularly for us. His standing tackle is the business!
Yeah I am pessimistic Pete but want to see some positivity in this at least

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Somewhere somebody will blame Ed for ridiculously inflated transfer fees.
I'm busy blaming Ed for allowing Jones to get a 5 year contract and then watching his rival lock in Thiago Silva on similar wages to be honest.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Badiashile and Tuanzebe to develop into the next great partnership at United....
Maybe, I always feel a no nonsense Vidic who can get goals too plus the skilful Rio type partnership works best.

Then again, who'd sniff at 2 ball playing CBs? I'd like one of them to chip in with goals from set pieces

Jibbs

I said potential. Right now Torres is way ahead of him but I think he has higher ceiling than Torres.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
A selection of translated quotes on a Monaco forum

" Badiashile and Ballo Touré are no longer in their first season in L1. Despite this, the two lads accumulate errors almost at every meeting. Tactical errors, nonchalance, etc."

" At 30M €, he is for sale without hesitation."

"30??? Even at 15m I put him on the plane"
:lol: Sound like real world-beaters

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
This won't happen. Monaco will want too much money for him and we'll walk away as we're working on a budget.
hopefully for once our slow add on based transfer approach will take much of the risk and some of the cost out of the transfer. I think he’s probably a more exciting prospect than the youngsters we currently have on the books at CB although Mengi is also supposed to be good. Let him rotate cup matches next season and If he’s not ready send him out on loan. These are the players we should be aiming for anyway 18-22 with big potential.

dev1l

:lol: Sound like real world-beaters
As someone who has been.on the Caf for quite long, you should know that in every forum you ll find "experts" slagging off their own players.

Just go to Martial or Rashford thread for example, you ll find lot of those.

And most of the time it s a case of empty bottles making most sound

snowkarl

As someone who has been.on the Caf for quite long, you should know that in every forum you ll find "experts" slagging off their own players.

Just go to Martial or Rashford thread for example, you ll find lot of those.

And most of the time it s a case of empty bottles making most sound
If you've ever watched Badiashile you'll know they are completely correct though. He's one of the most obviously raw, loose cannon players you'll ever see. Physically impressive and technically proficient, some decent passing, but he's like a younger Bailly

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
If you've ever watched Badiashile you'll know they are completely correct though. He's one of the most obviously raw, loose cannon players you'll ever see. Physically impressive and technically proficient, some decent passing, but he's like a younger Bailly
I remember being impressed by his clips from his time

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
A selection of translated quotes on a Monaco forum

" Badiashile and Ballo Touré are no longer in their first season in L1. Despite this, the two lads accumulate errors almost at every meeting. Tactical errors, nonchalance, etc."

" At 30M €, he is for sale without hesitation."

"30??? Even at 15m I put him on the plane"
Are they injury prone? Because mistake prone & injury prone are the two things we look for in defenders.

dev1l

Yes I watched once and posted positive and negative comments about him.
Difference is I tried to be fair, and I didn't try to write him off like some "experts" over here do all the time
Younger players need real.supporters not toxic fans

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Probably because he's 19? He seems to have been in the squad for most of the games.
Yes, its just odd that he's played less games than the previous season

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Any idea why he seemed to miss half of this season?
Zidane scouted him, but looks like opted to wait more so player can get more experience. Upamecano is one of the few who played more in his age, but that was risk and in the end occupied with more serious injuries.

It's too early for Mengi and Tuanzebe couldn't even get 10 games in United while being 19, so Badiashile is already playing a lot and seems right in Ole's valley. Looks stronger in the air than Lindelof with being 6,4 and quite fast, definitely project worth to consider.

Bigger talent than Gabriel that's why price may be higher... it's up to Ole anyway.

dev1l

Any idea why he seemed to miss half of this season?
As a side note , this year Ligue 1 was stopped abruptly due to.covid.

So while last season (18-19)Monaco played 38 games, this season (19-20) they played only 28 games

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
This won't happen. Monaco will want too much money for him and we'll walk away as we're working on a budget.
I'll be surprised if Monaco wants too much. Ligue 1 clubs are probably in worse situation financially than Bundesliga, PL & La Liga. The fact that they aren't qualify for either CL or Europa League in covid year makes even more difficult for them not to accept our reasonable offer. They rejected 25m euro, but I think they will accept 30m euro, if not then they can kiss the money good bye because I don't expect Leverkusen to go higher than that either.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I wonder if those reports are true, that Monaco are trying to get silly money for him. I'd love to know what other parties in negotiations with us say amongst themselves, as they look to double their prices once United's merry men come knocking.

We so desperately need a DoF..

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I wonder if those reports are true, that Monaco are trying to get silly money for him. I'd love to know what other parties in negotiations with us say amongst themselves, as they look to double their prices once United's merry men come knocking.

We so desperately need a DoF..
Much better new negotiator not DoF.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
The type Chelsea would buy then send to Germany on loan usually.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Reminds me of Djimi Traore with some of the defending people are uploading in here.
Don’t blame it on the Biscan, don’t blame it on the Hamann, don’t blame it on the Finnan, blame it on Traore, he just can’t, he just can’t, he just can’t control his feet...

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He's a two year project IMO.

From the players perspective it would be better for him to join Leverkusen IMO, as the team is set up tactically well by Bosz and he'd likely play a good number of games in a play style which isolates the CBs in a high pressing, high-line style. Would be best for his development in the immediate future..