Benoît Badiashile

C'est Moi Cantona

Do you really expect us to spend anything substantial this window? The Glazers are selling the club.

You don't spend on a car or house you're selling.
This is what confuses me, it's not like if they don't spend £50 million in January that they will take this money with them when they sell the club as some sort of bonus.

It's the clubs money they will be using, and if they buy an assest in January then the ongoing cost will just be passed onto the new owners, I can't see how it makes any difference to the Glazers.

I can only guess that they're not that far down the line with the sale so are running the club as usual, or they are quite along way down the line with the sale and the new owners have told them not to do anything much next month as they want to put their mark on things in the summer.

croadyman

This is what confuses me, it's not like if they don't spend £50 million in January that they will take this money with them when they sell the club as some sort of bonus.

It's the clubs money they will be using, and if they buy an assest in January then the ongoing cost will just be passed onto the new owners, I can't see how it makes any difference to the Glazers.

I can only guess that they're not that far down the line with the sale so are running the club as usual, or they are quite along way down the line with the sale and the new owners have told them not to do anything much next month as they want to put their mark on things in the summer.
Praying its the latter

SAFMUTD

Yes, you do. Plenty of house renovations are made to increase value before a sale.
Well bad example there with the house.

No player that can be bought will actually impact on the clubs valuation. So why would the Glazers spend when they're aiming to sell on the first quarter of 23?

croadyman

No player that can be bought will actually impact on the clubs valuation. So why would the Glazers spend when they're aiming to sell on the first quarter of 23?
Well could at least give Erik a loan striker

Jev

They're not spending anything, it's not their money. We have a transfer budget and I don't see why that would be affected by a pending sale. If there's no money to spend, it will more likely be because we spent a fortune in the summer. Frankly, it would be understandable if there were no money left and we were told not to expect much the next few windows but the Ronaldo debacle has probably forced our hand.

Bojan Djordjic

It’s not that the player himself impacts the valuation of the club it may be that an individual player is the last piece of the jigsaw in achieving champions league football which will definitely affect the valuation.

SAFMUTD

It’s not that the player himself impacts the valuation of the club it may be that an individual player is the last piece of the jigsaw in achieving champions league football which will definitely affect the valuation.
I don't think in the great scheme of things even getting UCL football really changes the value of the club.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Is this a record spend on defenders over one season now?
Maybe but think about it.

AC, Rudiger and Alonso left. We signed Koulibaly, Fofana and Cucurella. Seems like a normal thing to do to replace the outgoing players with like for like replacements.

TheReligion

Abusive
Maybe but think about it.

AC, Rudiger and Alonso left. We signed Koulibaly, Fofana and Cucurella. Seems like a normal thing to do to replace the outgoing players with like for like replacements.
Yeah you do have a lot to replace

Crazy that Azpilicueta and Silva still need replacements too though even after all that money.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah you do have a lot to replace

Crazy that Azpilicueta and Silva still need replacements too though even after all that money.
It’s the nature of the situation. We lost 3 players and were left with 2 injury prone full backs, 2 ageing defenders and Chalobah. It’s not a surprise to me that we ended up overspending on certain targets when we had no structure to speak of at boardroom level and we had been prevented from attempting to renew players (who ended up leaving) by the sanctions.

We’ve further lost Chilwell, James and Fofana to lengthy injuries so the defence seemed like an important area to address considering Silva’s age and status. Signing his replacement now rather than in the summer has probably been forced by Fofana injury problems.

TheReligion

Abusive
It’s the nature of the situation. We lost 3 players and were left with 2 injury prone full backs, 2 ageing defenders and Chalobah. It’s not a surprise to me that we ended up overspending on certain targets when we had no structure to speak of at boardroom level and we had been prevented from attempting to renew players (who ended up leaving) by the sanctions.

We’ve further lost Chilwell, James and Fofana to lengthy injuries so the defence seemed like an important area to address considering Silva’s age and status. Signing his replacement now rather than in the summer has probably been forced by Fofana injury problems.
Have you given up on Colwill?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
7 and a half year deal, that's one way to keep the cost of the transfer down in the fiscal year...

Dempsey19

7 and half year contract is bonkers. They'll be looking to shift him on in a year no doubt :lol: