Benoît Badiashile

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Makes you realise just how bleak the future is when we are considering buying this guy as back-up to Maguire.

croadyman

Feels like he is better attacking than defending which sounds mad for a CB

ShinjiNinja26

Never seen this guy play but from what I’m reading on here it seems he’s pretty error prone and isn’t the best when it comes to actually defending. Would be a strange signing when we have Teden Mengi coming through who’s supposed to be highly rated and is a year younger. Would much rather we sign a more proven CB that can go straight into the first team like Upamecano.

croadyman

Never seen this guy play but from what I’m reading on here it seems he’s pretty error prone and isn’t the best when it comes to actually defending. Would be a strange signing when we have Teden Mengi coming through who’s supposed to be highly rated and is a year younger. Would much rather we sign a more proven CB that can go straight into the first team like Upamecano.
Yeah I am feeling that as well and think it's worrying that not many of the Monaco fans seem to rate him at all

Idxomer

Has there ever been any under-21 defender that wasn't error-prone? Even someone as highly rated as de Ligt made numerous mistakes in his 1st season with Juve. I think it's far too early to judge his level and he's at an age where you look more at the positives and see whether he has the attributes to iron out his deficiencies with more coaching and games. He also shouldn't be moving to a top club that early at his development except if he's going to be loaned out right away.

federvuz

I really don't get this - posters saying that we have Menghi and we don't need him. You are comparing a 18y old who has only played 5 minutes of senior football with a 19y old who is now into his 3th season in French top tier. Menghi hasn't even been given a chance to show how he defends. Badiashille has made almost 50 apps for Monaco - he is several levels above Menghi in development.

ShinjiNinja26

I really don't get this - posters saying that we have Menghi and we don't need him. You are comparing a 18y old who has only played 5 minutes of senior football with a 19y old who is now into his 3th season in French top tier. Menghi hasn't even been given a chance to show how he defends. Badiashille has made almost 50 apps for Monaco - he is several levels above Menghi in development.
Im saying it because we need a partner for Maguire those ready to come straight into the first team and improve us right away. What’s the point in signing this guy those only 19 with no guarantee he’ll be better than what we already have. Plus he’s only a year older then Mengi who‘s rated very highly, he’s not really been played yet but he’s on the fringes of the first team and will no doubt see a lot more game time this coming season. If we’re spending money on a CB I’d much rather it was on a more finished product.

croadyman

Im saying it because we need a partner for Maguire those ready to come straight into the first team and improve us right away. What’s the point in signing this guy those only 19 with no guarantee he’ll be better than what we already have. Plus he’s only a year older then Mengi who‘s rated very highly, he’s not really been played yet but he’s on the fringes of the first team and will no doubt see a lot more game time this coming season. If we’re spending money on a CB I’d much rather it was on a more finished product.
Yeah I would prefer more of the finished article as well,however we would need to wait until next summer for that

Skeezix

Arsenal should have signed Benoit Badiashile and we should be signing Gabriel Magalhaes. That would have been more like it.

AsonUnique

We can get him in January to replace Igahlo. What a hit.

Also glad some fans are watching him. Said it before has all the physical tools to be a great player but would be our 5th CB if he came here unless the fact he's left footed pushes him past Bailly and Tuanzebe. Would love to get him as a prospect but he's too good for and wouldn't come to play in the 23s. Not sure how that would help in his development when he plays at Monaco and would play quite a bit at Leverkusen, the other team rumored to be in for him.

Bojan Djordjic

Well, hang on, Mengi was at fault against Huddersfield during the week. Is he now a write off? I can remember reading these kind of comments about Ferdinand when he was breaking into the West Ham team. Badiashile is extremely young to be breaking into a top five league senior team, has all the raw materials and is already making an impression in the opposition box.

romufc

I cannot help but feel that this signing would be a signing for signing sake. The only reason I see us signing him is he is left footed. I cannot see any other reasons.

Why? He is very young, Manchester United have 2 young CB's who are very promising.

Why waste money on a signing for the sake of it?

croadyman

I cannot help but feel that this signing would be a signing for signing sake. The only reason I see us signing him is he is left footed. I cannot see any other reasons.

Why? He is very young, Manchester United have 2 young CB's who are very promising.

Why waste money on a signing for the sake of it?
All i can think is they don't want to just throw Mengi in at the moment and have serious fitness concerns about Tuanzebe & Bailly.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
What a nothing article.
:lol: I agree here. The title gives some hope for new signing but the end of the article kills the hope.

Even if United submit a new offer, L’Equipe states it’s unlikely they will succeed as Badiashile wants to stay at Monaco to continue his development.

romufc

All i can think is they don't want to just throw Mengi in at the moment and have serious fitness concerns about Tuanzebe & Bailly.
I get it but Mengi is 18 and Badiashile is 19. I would rather get someone a little more experienced than that really.

croadyman

I get it but Mengi is 18 and Badiashile is 19. I would rather get someone a little more experienced than that really.
Yeah so would I but think we are happy to wait until next summer for Upamecano and still expect Koulibaly to join City before the end of window too

romufc

Yeah so would I but think we are happy to wait until next summer for Upamecano and still expect Koulibaly to join City before the end of window too
The last thing I want us to do is spend money on a CB who is not good enough, I know we have a problem in that area but I would rather wait and get Upamecano. Don't forget, last year we waited a year to get Sancho, and that has not been delivered.

So when we say we will wait a year for said player, I cannot be sure we will get him.

croadyman

The last thing I want us to do is spend money on a CB who is not good enough, I know we have a problem in that area but I would rather wait and get Upamecano. Don't forget, last year we waited a year to get Sancho, and that has not been delivered.

So when we say we will wait a year for said player, I cannot be sure we will get him.
Yeah that is a very good point indeed about this could end up much like the Sancho situation.

There was a Bayern fan on this thread who thinks it will take around €80-€90m to get Dayot now.

romufc

Yeah that is a very good point indeed about this could end up much like the Sancho situation.

There was a Bayern fan on this thread who thinks it will take around €80-€90m to get Dayot now.
Well, he has just signed a new contract with a release clause of I think 60m Euros coming into effect next summer?

croadyman

Well, he has just signed a new contract with a release clause of I think 60m Euros coming into effect next summer?
That was the previous release clause before it expired,pretty sure that the new one is around €42m

romufc

That was the previous release clause before it expired,pretty sure that the new one is around €42m
My bad, yeah 42m, now if he is the CB we need, why spend £30m on Badiashile? Totally unproven defender.

But knowing our luck, come next season, we will be drag paying the release clause because we feel it has no value and another team like Bayern, City, Liverpool, Chelsea will just pay the fee and be sorted with a CB very early in the window.

croadyman

My bad, yeah 42m, now if he is the CB we need, why spend £30m on Badiashile? Totally unproven defender.

But knowing our luck, come next season, we will be drag paying the release clause because we feel it has no value and another team like Bayern, City, Liverpool, Chelsea will just pay the fee and be sorted with a CB very early in the window.
That's why I reckon an offer in the €60m ballpark this window would still give Leipzig something to think about

Mark Pawelek

:lol: I agree here. The title gives some hope for new signing but the end of the article kills the hope.
Monaco are currently playing him and he's doing very well for them. Why would a 19 year old move elsewhere to sit on the bench?

PS: If people want to talk about other CBs, then please take the discussion to another thread.

hubbuh

Slightly random bump, but I was wondering if anyone knew how he had been getting on this season? He'll be 20 in a few months time and has played over 60 games for Monaco. I came across this article, which was the vice-chairman of Monaco saying they were ready to sell Badiashile in the summer but for Kovac insisting he stayed. Very big, fast and left-footed. Could he be the answer to our prayers?

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Slightly random bump, but I was wondering if anyone knew how he had been getting on this season? He'll be 20 in a few months time and has played over 60 games for Monaco. I came across this article, which was the vice-chairman of Monaco saying they were ready to sell Badiashile in the summer but for Kovac insisting he stayed. Very big, fast and left-footed. Could he be the answer to our prayers?
16 appearances and 2 goals.

Other than that not much. Monaco are 7th and very inconsistent but he's been ok if these stats are to be believed. Education continues. Probably be ready next season

https://www.statschecker.com/players/4545394/benoit-badiashile-stats

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He’s been terrible this season. I checked AS Monaco forum 2 weeks ago to follow his development, the fans think of him as part of problem since he’s still prone errors. But kovac keeps playing him and like him lot.
https://forum.ladiagonale.net/index...t-badiashile-apprentissage-à-la-dure/&page=31 (if you view it from desktop, you can easily translate it via chrome).

I’ve watched him before and I must say he’s not that good one on one especially for someone who is supposed to have pace, he can easily be beaten. He’s still young and can improve but he’s not the answer of our current defense.

Bojan Djordjic

He’s been terrible this season. I checked AS Monaco forum 2 weeks ago to follow his development, the fans think of him as part of problem since he’s still prone errors. But kovac keeps playing him and like him lot.
https://forum.ladiagonale.net/index...t-badiashile-apprentissage-à-la-dure/&page=31 (if you view it from desktop, you can easily translate it via chrome).

I’ve watched him before and I must say he’s not that good one on one especially for someone who is supposed to have pace, he can easily be beaten. He’s still young and can improve but he’s not the answer of our current defense.
Are you sure this is (still) the case? Monaco are on a great run of form and Badiashile is racking up serious minutes? Everything I've seen on twitter has been positive about him.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Totally unrelated

I Just got him a few days ago on FM21 at 28 years old for 5 million quid for my York City save. It’s our first year ever in the PL and he’s pretty much my star player. He’s a beast when it comes to knocking in the near post corners :lol:

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Are you sure this is (still) the case? Monaco are on a great run of form and Badiashile is racking up serious minutes? Everything I've seen on twitter has been positive about him.
I don't know about now. I haven't been following recently but recently they have used 3 at the back, may be it improves the player too?? But you can view the website that I provided since it's fans forum and use good translate to view the comment from the start of season to december or january, you will find lot of negative feedbacks.

Champagne Football

He's a 19 year old going on 20. Central defenders usually look rubbish at that age, before finding their feet after a few seasons of first team football.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
You have to stop bumping these kinds of threads, unless we are interested in signing the player. I was expecting a tweet saying we are interested.