Bernardo Silva | Man City Player

MadMike

I think they already have a replacement for Fernandinho in Claudio Gomes the lad is only 18 but from what I have read City do have a real gem in the making if he fulfills his potential. He has been described as a blend of Makelele and Kante. Well lets see how that puns out.
CDM is a position that requires a lot of maturity, discipline, experience and reading of the game. I don't know of any CDMs being first team players before the age of 21-22, so even if Claudio Gomes is the brightest of stars it's unlikely that he'll be trusted to be a first team regular in that position for another 3-4 years. With no guarantee he'll end up good enough for the first team either.

They can't wait for another 3-4 years and play Fernandinho twice a week till he's 36-37. They need a mature and ready 26-27 year old CDM who will take over and be 30 by the time Gomes starts to hit his stride and challenge him for minutes.

AshRK

Won't deny but yesterday was his best game for city. He would still need to do that consistently to be considered as a silva's ideal replacement.

Andersons Dietician

I think they already have a replacement for Fernandinho in Claudio Gomes the lad is only 18 but from what I have read City do have a real gem in the making if he fulfills his potential. He has been described as a blend of Makelele and Kante. Well lets see how that puns out.
I think they have some one else as well, Douglas Luiz, isn’t he a 20 yr old DM that is supposed to be quite good. Thought I saw something about needing to get him a work permit as he doesn’t have enough caps and he was out on loan last season. Probably best to ask one of the City fans but I’m sure I read he was decent.

On Silva he is like a rubber band on occasion, seems to just bounce off of people or somehow keep his feet.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Expecting big things from him this year. He was magnificent yesterday v Chelsea. He’s ready to replace Silva right now in that central role, IMO. Guardiola shouldn’t wait another year or two to make that switch.
Yep, he has been exceptional so far this season. What a player.

Stadjer

Good player... he got into the City team because of KdB his injury while he would likely be one of our very best players...

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Good player... he got into the City team because of KdB his injury while he would likely be one of our very best players...
On his City form he'd be our best

Likelihood is though is we'd get his Portugal form

Mr.Kaya

Fantastic today, he's not better than the other Silva yet though
True but hes still pretty young you know and will only get better under Guardiola. They got such a sick midfield and depth of quality players to choose from in the attack, and obviously a clear type of philosophy of football which we clearly dont. Even with one of their best players out in De Bruyne, they beat us pretty convincingly. Then you have Foden aswell whos a players thats probs gonna blow up in near future.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Tbf not being better than David Silva isn't nothing to be ashamed of. Still think his performances on the last WC were a mix between underperforming on his part but also wrong tatical choices and lineups by Santos. But the past is the past and Guardiola knows how to improve him.

soccergirl

Supports
Italy national team
Read this from Telegraph, omg so true, haha the Duracel bunny part make me laugh, but so true though, laugh out loud

[ 83 mins - Man City 2 Liverpool 1
Liverpool are passing around now, every player booed by the home crowd. Bernardo Silva is still running like some sort of Duracel bunny that has been struck by lightning. ]

Thank you B Silva.

Utdstar01

We are fecking mugs. Every fecker could see how good this lad was and we do feck all about it and just sit on the fence everytime a potential world class player is available.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Dreamy type of midfielder I’d like to see us partner Pogba with in midfield. Small frame and nimble, but so tenacious and industrial.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Never seen the guy play before, but today he was all over the pitch, i couldn't make out what position he was playing in.

De Portago

Supports
Red Star
We are fecking mugs. Every fecker could see how good this lad was and we do feck all about it and just sit on the fence everytime a potential world class player is available.
I was more surprised that Barcelona didn't go in for him, he seemed like as good replacement for Iniesta as you were likely to find anywhere. Manchester under Mourinho would hardly be ideal for him for obvious reasons.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He isn't a player that Mourinho would have used appropriately, I'm pretty sure that like a lot of people he saw him as a wide player.

Classical Mechanic

breakout67

Supports
Man City
This guy took some of the special sauce just like Barca players used to do before big games under baldy. It's pretty fecking obvious if you've watched him regularly since his Monaco days. Every City player was dead on their feet while this guy was a one man press in the last 10 minutes of the game.

This guy is not a physical specimen, there is no system that makes you so much more physically superior than the rest of the pitch. Bear in mind that this Liverpool team are no mugs, they had Milner who is a marathon runner turned footballer.

This was Silva's 4th full game in 12 days. Some major red flags would be going up if anyone gave a toss about monitoring this. But the testing in the PL is a joke.

SSSSnake

Beast performance. Can't believe he covered 13km+. Mad numbers considering the average is 10km and he's like 5 ft.

Skills

Snitch

JPRouve

Scout

automaticflare

Very suspicious of these performances myself but he was brilliant last night in last 5 mins and injury time he occupied the remaining 3 Liverpool defenders as Agustin was dead.

JPRouve

Scout
It's not really suspicious, he has always been that type of player. That's why Jardim would use him upfront in the most defensive set up, he would chase everything and everyone, at Benfica he was training as a left back.

SqualorVictoria

Supports
City
It's not really suspicious, he has always been that type of player. That's why Jardim would use him upfront in the most defensive set up, he would chase everything and everyone, at Benfica he was training as a left back.
I'm sorry but you know feck all about French football mate, @breakout67 has already said about it being suspicious that "it's pretty fecking obvious if you've watched him regularly since his Monaco days".