Bernardo Silva | Man City Player

prtk0811

Liverpool fans will have a good banter against English sterling when pep drops him to the bench.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Hm, not sure they needed him with Sane, Silva, KdB, Sterling for AM/wings and Jesus/Aguero upfront.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
He'll be their Hazard, he's going to be the most fouled player in the league next year.

M Bison

Supports
York City
He is a top player and he'll be fantastic for them but I can't help but feel he's much more suited for them than us. I'd rather get a direct pacy wide player to go with Greizmann
I agree. For me he's a similar player to the existing Silva and would simply have been an upgrade on Mata for us. I think the investment is needed elsewhere.

Class player of course.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
feck me that was quick....great transfer for City :(

MadMike

Good luck to him (obviously not too much, hopefully :lol:)
City got a cracking player at what sounds like a very decent price for the current market. Will be interesting to see where on the pitch he plays and how he gets on.

I'm not stressed, personally. I'm happy to let Mou get the players he feels the team needs.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
I think this is going to turn out to be a fantastic deal for City. I'd only really started paying attention to him towards the end of the season, but even in that time I saw enough to get me excited by the links to us. Alas.

Strike 1 to City. Woodward, you're up. :)

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Very happy for him. He has magic in his boots.

Given his atributes, he chose the right place to evolve. I'm glad there's finally another young portuguese star in the Premier League, he has the right personality and I have no doubt he'll succeed.

el3mel

He's bargain at this price tbh. Their attack will be great next season with all of them young and promising players. Their matches will be exciting.

From our perspective I don't care much. We can't prevent City or Chelsea from getting the great players they want and they can't prevent us as well. All teams will strengthen their squad this summer including us. I'm sure Jose will bring the right players for us.

CamsUnited

Not bothered. Trust Jose 100% with recruitment.
I think they should be concentrating on the goalkeeper and back 4 suituation.
Still, guess there's a long way to go yet.

Hojoon

I don't know. Sterling is always reported as £50m even though it was £44m and bonuses.
Media in general likes to sensationalize prices at every opportunity to create a stir. As long as the club isn't in financial risk I don't see why fans should care about the price.

Edit: It also depends on how the fee is paid (one lump sum or several installments) as much as how large the fee is. For some reason, the first part is never mentioned.

pacifictheme

I don't get this signing. I know very little about him, but city now have him, silva, aguero, sane, sterling, de bruyne, jesus and ihenanachoooo all competing for 4 spots when their defence and central midfield is a bit of a mess. Not to mention the gk issues thry have.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I disagree. We struggled to create chances when Pogba was out.
Have you got the stats to prove this? I recall us still creating, and Griezmann will be creative too when he arrives.

Silva would have been a welcome improvement over Lingard but his position was 3rd or 4th in priority.

crossy1686

career ending
Great signing. Definitely good to have players of his quality in the PL, just gutted he's playing for City. The most worrying thing about this signing is that he's going to do absolutely fine. Don't think there's any danger of him struggling to adapt or not fitting into this City team.

Well City have well and truly threw down the gauntlet, lets see how we respond. Neymar and Greizmann please!

JeffBoomTetris

I disagree. We struggled to create chances when Pogba was out.
It is a problem that can be solved if we bring in better wingers. Bernardo silva is not a winger by default. He is a midfielder who can play out wide like Silva or De Bruyne. We already have Mkhi and Mata who do a job there.

But imo we need players who play further up the pitch. Players who know the onus is on them to run at defenders & create chances for themselves and who relish this responsibility. B. Silva does not look like that type of player

AXVnee7

I don't get this signing. I know very little about him, but city now have him, silva, aguero, sane, sterling, de bruyne, jesus and ihenanachoooo all competing for 4 spots when their defence and central midfield is a bit of a mess. Not to mention the gk issues thry have.
Guardiola is stockpiling young talents for the future. David Silva is 31, and they've released the likes of Nolito and Navas haven't they? Makes sense to get the future players in now to make the transition earlier. I'm sure they'll have plans to address the other areas of concern. It just so happens Silva is the first signing, but don't expect it to be the only one. Pep is no mug, he knows his defence needs strengthening.

RedCurry

Jesus
Sane D.Silva De Bruyne B.Silva
Gundogan
Best attack in the league. Guess this confirms Aguero is off unless he's happy with a bench type role. Wonder what this means regarding the links to Fabinho. I assume he'd be playing in midfield so would he be displacing Gundogan already?
Jesus on top of the cross?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Have you got the stats to prove this? I recall us still creating, and Griezmann will be creative too when he arrives.

Silva would have been a welcome improvement over Lingard but his position was 3rd or 4th in priority.
No stats. I just remember a lot of complaints and people recognising what Pogba brought to the table during the latest spell he was out for. Worth remembering it was when we had given up on the league though. Yeah, Griezmann will be creative but wouldn't have been an option of one or the other given they play in different positions.

Munkehboi

Good signing, I feel they are planning the long term replacment of one Silva with another over the next couple of seasons.

Zii

Shit club, funded by oil. Love the way players can never say "I grew up watching City and wanting to play for them" because nobody does. Its always project, money or pep

Irrational.

Brilliant signing, gutted we haven't managed to snare him. Very much a muppet signing.

He's the signing we wanted, but I don't feel he's the signing we needed. Too similar to Mata/ Mickey, and this probably confirms Mata staying.

Will be interesting to see how Pep fits him into the team with 60 xaofcjwoillion attacking midfielders already.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Iheanacho is leaving, Sterling is on the bench and anything could be going on with Aguero. That and they'll be competing in four competitions over the course of the season and it'd be more like five positions they'd be competing for rather than the four. They'll all get plenty of game time.

Janson

You do realise that, now that they got him, we need to do everything in our power to find faults in him. Most importantly, we can never admitt we wanted him. Too much sense and objectivity could get you shunned from the tribe you know.:)

Super signing and great business at 43mil.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
No stats. I just remember a lot of complaints and people recognising what Pogba brought to the table during the latest spell he was out for. Worth remembering it was when we had given up on the league though. Yeah, Griezmann will be creative but wouldn't have been an option of one or the other given they play in different positions.
Yeah, I remember us being less potent but I put it down to the lack of care in the league more than anything else.

Stability

Supports
Manchester City
Where does 4 spots come from? It's either 5 or 3 given the formation we play (4-1-4-1 or 4-3-3 if you prefer). I imagine Iheanacho will head out on loan leaving us with Sane for LW, Jesus/Aguero for ST & Sterling/B. Silva for RW. You could even argue there's space for another in there (e.g. Patrick Roberts) to give us 2 players for each spot.

Then there's Silva/De Bruyne/Gundogan for the 3 spots ahead of the defensive midfielder, arguably B. Silva may play there too giving us a good 4 choices for 2 spots there also.

With Yaya/Fernandinho as defensive midfield options (as it stands), with potentially Fabinho to come.

I'd argue centre midfield is pretty well stocked, as is up front - your right the defence is the key, but strong links with GK (Pickford/Ederson), RB (Walker/Fabinho) & LB (Mendy) suggests we're getting that sorted pretty snappily also.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Have not seen much of him and when I watch Monaco in the champion league I rarely notices him. However, he looks good on YouTube!

Nevertheless, good for clubs to sort their transfer business early on. His technical skills on the ball will fit right in at Manchester City under Guardiola.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Jesus
Sane D.Silva De Bruyne B.Silva
Gundogan
Best attack in the league. Guess this confirms Aguero is off unless he's happy with a bench type role. Wonder what this means regarding the links to Fabinho. I assume he'd be playing in midfield so would he be displacing Gundogan already?
On paper.

Spurs have the best attack in the league with a lot of their players like Son and Eriksen criminally underrated.