Bernardo Silva | Man City Player

red_john

I wasn't expecting him to go for much more than 48 million if im honest. He was largely unknown until this season. I think some fans on here are over hyping him without actually knowing much about him.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Bernardo is a very good player with potencial to be the leading figure in our NT when Ronaldo's influence starts diminishing but he still has alot to prove. He has two good seasons at Mónaco, a decent U21 Euro campaign and that's it. Let's see how he adapts to the Premier League and to the increasing pressure and responsabilities in our NT. So far his NT career is non existent (although i have to mention the fact that he was unlucky with the serious injury pre-Euro2016). I do agree with @SCP that Guardiola seems like the best manager for him to continue evolving but let's see if he doesn't pull a "William Carvalho" that hasn't been the same since Leonardo Jardim stopped managing him.

Frank Grimes

Pep has a plan, get knocked out of the CL and then sign that teams best players. Genius.

Ok I am a bit salty but I genuinely think even though he suits their style more that they don't really need him.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Bernardo is a very good player with potencial to be the leading figure in our NT when Ronaldo's influence starts diminishing but he still has alot to prove. He has two good seasons at Mónaco, a decent U21 Euro campaign and that's it. Let's see how he adapts to the Premier League and to the increasing pressure and responsabilities in our NT. So far his NT career is non existent (although i have to mention the fact that he was unlucky with the serious injury pre-Euro2016). I do agree with @SCP that Guardiola seems like the best manager for him to continue evolving but let's see if he doesn't pull a "William Carvalho" that hasn't been the same since Leonardo Jardim stopped managing him.
He has done much more than William the last 3 years, my only doubt about him in England is the way football is played there, much better for him to play under Guardiola than Mou, ffs Mou is making players like Pogba, Mikhy or Mata man marking the opposition, he looks the Darth Vader of football, even though I have to congratulate him and United fans.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
He has done much more than William the last 3 years, my only doubt about him in England is the way football is played there, much better for him to play under Guardiola than Mou, ffs Mou is making players like Pogba, Mikhy or Mata man marking the opposition, he looks the Darth Vader of football, even though I have to congratulate him and United fans.
Not in the our NT but that was not my point. I said that William hasn't been the same since managed by Leonardo Jardim. Although Guardiola is vastly superior in relation to the managers William had to play for, you can't deny Jardim's influence in his players.

JoaquinJoaquin

For me, seeing his form take a dive from March was a concern and something City will be hoping was just fatigue rather than something more serious. He is an excellent player though and I think he has potential to be a good player at City for years to come. Silva if he reaches his potential and Sane on the wings is a scary thought when you think of a few years time.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Nah, feel bad for City fans, they didn't even get to track his flight which is basically half the fun. Shitty transfer...

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
We may have dodged a bullet here. He's a lot more suited to their system.
This is what I think as well. He will fit City's system to a tee but would have been underwhelming in a Mourinho system.

We require more of a pacey hug the line workhorse type winger, not another wide playmaker that wants to come centrally, we already have two of those.

dbs235

Mental that they're spending this sort of money on yet another dribbly midget for their attack when they have no viable keepers or defenders. Willy's gone, Hart is out of favour and a bit shit and Bravo is absolute trash. Kompany is good for about half a season, Otamendi and Stones aren't title-winning quality and Clichy, Sagna and Zabaleta are all fecking off. Mangala and Denayer aren't fixing any problems City have either when they return from loan.

Unless they're throwing the kitchen sink at everything on the transfer market they're in big trouble next season.
The window's not even open yet. Give them chance.

Vashu

Predicted Sanchez's signing announcement
Pff... feck em. To the next transfer thread!

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Breakout player of the year I'd say, Mbappe gets the headlines but everything seemed to start with Silva. No doubt their encounter up close gave each other a good look at one another, only natural that Pep would be impressed by his playmaking skills. Had no idea City were considering the player but impressive piece of business, Pep targeting difference makers on the pitch where City struggled most and executing deals early

Zoo

Breakout player of the year I'd say, Mbappe gets the headlines but everything seemed to start with Silva. No doubt their encounter up close gave each other a good look at one another, only natural that Pep would be impressed by his playmaking skills. Had no idea City were considering the player but impressive piece of business, Pep targeting difference makers on the pitch where City struggled most and executing deals early
Mbappe rightly gets the headlines because he is a phenomenal talent.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Fairly sure he hasn't signed anyone from Leicester yet.

Timdbro

I'm sure he'll be very good, but he also seems incredibly similar to David silva and De Bruyne. Maybe the idea is to always have two of those three on the pitch, but then there's also Sane, Sterling, Aguero, Gabriel Jesus...

AgentP

One good thing is now City can't sign any more attacking players as they are already jam-packed. So it will be one less rival to worry about when we go after a new winger or striker.

Arthur Friedenreich

A player like Bernardo Silva is precious in the EPL and should have been a priority in the market.

A small Brazilian playmaker named Juninho who played for Boro said in an interview that, when you watch the english game you could think a small guy like him would never succeed in England.

But when he was in the pitch he realized that, in fact, be a small and agile player make it easier for him than for the taller players.

I think the club need to find a balance between physical players and some small, skilfull midfielders/wingers with low center of gravity.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Fairly sure he hasn't signed anyone from Leicester yet.
It's just May, with Caballero not returning I am sure they will bring in an excellent keeper to pair with Bravo. With fullbacks potentially closed, will they or are they already in pursuit of Laporte I wonder

I'm more curious if they go after a goalscorer

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
I'm honestly feeling sick from the squad Pep is building. The talent is extreme. Jesus, Silva x2, KDB. That alone is enough to challenge for anything. And there's probably more to come.

Swagawa

Fantastic signing for them.

He has the perfect mix of dribbling ability and pace. He's one I imagine we would have grown to regret passing on if it wasn't for our spending habits post SAF.

Zlatattack

Jesus
Sane D.Silva De Bruyne B.Silva
Gundogan
Best attack in the league. Guess this confirms Aguero is off unless he's happy with a bench type role. Wonder what this means regarding the links to Fabinho. I assume he'd be playing in midfield so would he be displacing Gundogan already?
I wonder if they'd sell to us?