Bernardo Silva | Man City Player

prtk0811

Any body feels he was turn off by How Jose mourinho played in final games at united and pep capitalizing on it?

ryadmahrez

Was the best player in ligue1 this year. I believe he will be the best player in the premier league too.

Gasolin

This feels like business well done on a very good player. It's a good move from City. Hopefully he fails but chances are that he delivers... good for them.

prtk0811

Congratulations to Bernardo, even if I doubt the Premier League is the best league for him, even though I think Guardiola is more suited to develop him than Mourinho.
Who probably wont stay in the league after 2 years .

lostcauz

Makes little difference, if pep is going to go attack heavy, Man City will still concede goals. Not enough balance but I guess they will just try and score 5 a game and not worry what happens at the back.

Womp

idiot
The Post above and many like them think so.
The reason he joined City was because we either weren't interested, or City were more interested. They got the deal done very quickly, meaning they most likely didn't have much competition.

prtk0811

Makes little difference, if pep is going to go attack heavy, Man City will still concede goals. Not enough balance but I guess they will just try and score 5 a game and not worry what happens at the back.
I bet they are not finished yet.

lostcauz

I bet they are not finished yet.
Even if they get Fabinho, it doesn't provide enough in midfield with Silva, De bruyne, Sane, B.Silva and Aguero/Jesus ahead of him.
I guess one or two could drop out to solidify the midfielder but this is pep.....

Zii

Hard to judge what he does when he has played in the Pie and Pea league

Bojan11

French league probably has the most successful exports to the premier league. Lots of players from there have done well here. Let's not get bitter.

I don't think we were interested. If we were then Monaco would have dragged it on.

kthanksbye

Good signing for City, gives them 5 really good options for the 3 positions behind the striker. Silva will replace Sterling in their starting 11, with Walker providing the width Silva can play in his natural position which is inside right.
Not really bothered we couldn't sign him as he's not the type of player we need and neither would he do well in our system. Our need is a goalscorer or someone who can provide width, Silva does neither.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Who probably wont stay in the league after 2 years .
I doubt that, only if their season is a massive failure, lets say if they finish behind Spurs and if they don't go further than the last 16 in the Champions League.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Like what, Henry? Petit? Kanté? Mahrez? Pires?

Ok Henry had a little stop at Juve before coming to Arsenal, but if they are so bad don't buy there.

Hawks2008

What a shame, was really hoping we would get him. Different year, same old shit.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Sterling's been on the bench the last few weeks. It is going to be the other way around - Sterling will be his backup.
It was two games, one of which didn't really matter.
I hate to say it but I think Bernardo Silva has more potential than David Silva. But he's been amazing David Silva, even though he's faded a bit. Hopefully City will still not figure out how to defend next year. Pep looks semi-terrible in that aspect.
What do you base this on?

Swaters16

I think he's severely (SEVERELY) overrated on this forum I have to say. He's also such an unnecessary signing for City who have plenty of attacking players with dribbling and close control. I'm sure he'll do well enough but I'm not particularly upset that we missed out.

freeurmind

weak willed
I don't agree that it's an unnecessary signing for them. With Europe and domestic commitments, having multiple quality players, especially in midfield and attack is a necessity.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I'm not as gutted as some. I'll repeat myself from the transfer thread here. From what I've seen of him, he's like Mata and Mkhi. Obviously a good technical player but isn't strong at shielding the ball when pressed and, in my opinion, we don't need anymore of these types of players. That includes James Rodriguez.

If he turns out to be another D.Silva/Nasri who, along with their excellent techincal abilities, are very strong with the ball and hard to dispossess, then I'll be gutted. That's the type of "#10" we should be looking for. Pastore/Isco types.

Footyislife

Any body feels he was turn off by How Jose mourinho played in final games at united and pep capitalizing on it?
You really think a Portuguese player would willingly choose Pep over the greatest Portuguese manager (who's good friends with the player's agent), and pick a smaller club where he'll have more competition for a starting position?

I would take Mourinho at face value when he said he was not interested in signing Silva. It's a shame as he's a good young player, but I think we have our sights on bigger fish like Griezmann. Griezmann won't play as the lone striker and will probably slot in as a wide forward on the right. Also with Mata and Mkhi available as no.10 i just don't see the value in buying Silva.

We are much better off buying pacy wingers like Douglas Costa, William, or Lucas Moura who can break on the counter or beat their man down the byline and deliver a cross.

Last edited:

ghagua

Good move for Silva. He is going to a club with a manager who could probably get the best out of him with their style of football.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Statistically, they have the best attack, by a long way.
Towards the end of the season, they were scoring a lot of goals and had they had another 2-3 games, they probably would've boosted their GD by another 10+.
The good thing for Spurs is that all their players have gelled. They have good continuity, while the Manchester clubs are hiring and firing a lot of players.
That's the biggest advantage for me.

It's a massive advantage over all the other clubs that have to integrate new players again.

devips

So cruel of Man City! This thread could have gone on for another 50 pages.

McLovin

Bites pillows thinking of John Terry
He's a top player, but it's not like City needed more goals.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
So cruel of Man City! This thread could have gone on for another 50 pages.
This thread was started after he signed for City. Silva thread in transfer section has more than 50 pages.

Sparky Rhiwabon

B.Silva - 8 goals and 9 assists last season in Ligue 1
Wijnaldum- 6 goals and 9 assists last season in PL (much higher standard)

We dodged a bullet there lads

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
So you've got an attack featuring Aguero, De Bruyne and David Silva, but a defence made up of Mangala, Bravo and John Stones, and decide to go out and buy another forward?

Fair play to them for signing a top, top player but he wasn't exactly the missing piece of their title jigsaw. If they don't sign a new back 5 then I'm not worried about them next season at all.

Dante

Average bang
B.Silva - 8 goals and 9 assists last season in Ligue 1
Wijnaldum- 6 goals and 9 assists last season in PL (much higher standard)

We dodged a bullet there lads
Silva played 2800 minutes, meaning he got a goal/assist every 164 minutes.

Ronney managed a goal/assist every 154 minutes in a much tougher league.

leontas

The marginal improvement he'll offer City is minimal at best. Their fullback and GK positions are a much higher priority than the attacking midfield. This just seems like a more long-term signing with D. Silva being in his 30s.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Silva played 2800 minutes, meaning he got a goal/assist every 164 minutes.

Ronney managed a goal/assist every 154 minutes in a much tougher league.
Just realised, those figures for Wijnaldum are PL only - in 2974 minutes

Also, Ligue 1 is rubbish - I reckon I would have got close to those figures in that league playing for Monaco

izec

They will get their defense sorted. Already heavily linked with Mendy, Walker and Ederson. Probably went for Silva first due to him possibly being in talks with us or them fearing we would go for him too