Bernardo Silva | Man City Player

Janson

He's crap anyway.
That's the spirit!:)

Seriously though, I have no idea how good the guy is. But as long as City aren't improving their defence, I'm happy. Although, Stones could suddenly become world class, you never know.:)We can only hope Pep is counting on that happening.

stu_1992

Good player and they got him at a good price. Impressive signing. Not sure why they needed him though. They seem to have an abundance of players who can play in that position.

Hojoon

You do realise that, now that they got him, we need to do everything in our power to find faults in him. Most importantly, we can never admitt we wanted him. Too much sense and objectivity could get you shunned from the tribe you know.:)
I think you're being sarcastic but quite a few people have taken this hilariously bad. And we probably keep tabs on hundreds of players, whether we wanted him or not is irrelevant apart from dick swinging arguments based on speculation.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Pep buys another technically good, agile midfielder whom he will undoubtedly play out of position.

D2Z

Supports
Undercover "Chelsea fan" ;)
He is "whatever" to me. Could care less about them getting him.

Janson

Good player and they got him at a good price. Impressive signing. Not sure why they needed him though. They seem to have an abundance of players who can play in that position.
Since Pep "doesn't defend" I assume he will be buying as many attackers as possible, with those left over being played at the back.:)

King Eric 7

The top clubs have fantastic attacking options on the bench and city will be a club with very decent options on the bench. If they sort out their GK and defense it will be quite a formidable team.

Nice move by them. Very early signing signals they mean business in this transfer window. Hopefully we'll have a better transfer window than them, which will only really become apparent in hindsight as it's easy enough to have a good team on paper. Would have loved to have Silva sign for us, but all the best to him at city, may he score many many goals and become the highest own goal scorer their team has ever seen :)

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
I don't get this signing. I know very little about him, but city now have him, silva, aguero, sane, sterling, de bruyne, jesus and ihenanachoooo all competing for 4 spots when their defence and central midfield is a bit of a mess. Not to mention the gk issues thry have.
That was my reaction too. Team already full of great attacking options but with a shit defense and a questionable midfield buys another expensive attacker. Go Pep!

redsunited

City already has the best young attack in the league. Good signing for City for rotation with other attacking talents.

Good player with potential, He was overrated on here after the city game. From the stats, Lemar and Boschilia are better than him.

I see him potentially to become like a player like Mkhitaryan at his peak. I rate potential of other city players Jesus, Debruyne and Sane more than Silva.

Loon

:lol:
He is "whatever" to me. Could care less about them getting him.
You mean you couldn't care less? If you could care less then you're not trying hard enough! That's not the Caf way!

Red Stone

That's the spirit!:)

Seriously though, I have no idea how good the guy is. But as long as City aren't improving their defence, I'm happy. Although, Stones could suddenly become world class, you never know.:)We can only hope Pep is counting on that happening.
Mental that they're spending this sort of money on yet another dribbly midget for their attack when they have no viable keepers or defenders. Willy's gone, Hart is out of favour and a bit shit and Bravo is absolute trash. Kompany is good for about half a season, Otamendi and Stones aren't title-winning quality and Clichy, Sagna and Zabaleta are all fecking off. Mangala and Denayer aren't fixing any problems City have either when they return from loan.

Unless they're throwing the kitchen sink at everything on the transfer market they're in big trouble next season.

Ban

He will tear the league apart imo. City will walk the league easily why we still dwindle in the transfer market.

izec

Pep wouldnt be buying him if he felt he didnt need him. He obviously has that unexpected magic and consistent top quality lacking at City at the moment. Sane and Jesus are fantastic but still growing and young, KDB and Silva are fantastic but play in the middle and are more passers than dribblers, Bernardo is the final piece they are missing to knit everything together with passing and dribbling coming from the right side. If he takes another step under Pep, he will be one of the best players in the league at the end of the season.

Stacks

Scary.
Frightening.
Best squad in the league.
Gonna walk the league.
Can't believe we weren't in for him.

I'm sure I'm missing some.
Yeah. Pep is life.
City going to play some sexy football next season
Pep is building a team like Barcelona 2009
When these players mature, they could dominate for years to come.
they could be the first British team to win the quadruple.
I wish we had Pep.

bucky

Hopefully Monaco received a bit more than just 43m.

freeurmind

weak willed
Devastated about this, was hoping he would come to us. Fantastic technical ability, pace, good decision making and lots of flair, very entertaining to watch. If he stays injury-free I'd wager that he'll be named player fo the year at least once in the next 5 years.

AXVnee7

Hopefully he will flop. Can only hope though because he looks to have the quality that I wanted at United. Ah well, we just have to make sure we get our own targets and we'll be fine.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Really exciting player, looking forward to seeing him in the prem next season.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Congratulations to Bernardo, even if I doubt the Premier League is the best league for him, even though I think Guardiola is more suited to develop him than Mourinho.

JoaquinJoaquin

Again, I'm not particularly bothered about this signing

however if a Pep goes on to sign a TOP quality keeper, centre back, and fullbacks then I'll be worried.
Think he will. I said weeks ago that Pep is going to spend big this Summer because he has to. He will be sacked if he under performs again next season. This signing is just the start. It's a good start for them though I must say...

Janson

Mental that they're spending this sort of money on yet another dribbly midget for their attack when they have no viable keepers or defenders. Willy's gone, Hart is out of favour and a bit shit and Bravo is absolute trash. Kompany is good for about half a season, Otamendi and Stones aren't title-winning quality and Clichy, Sagna and Zabaleta are all fecking off. Mangala and Denayer aren't fixing any problems City have either when they return from loan.

Unless they're throwing the kitchen sink at everything on the transfer market they're in big trouble next season.
They probably will try to improve the defence at some point but as you say, they have too many who for various reasons aren't good enough back there. It's impossible to replace everyone. Pep prefers ball playing defenders but it's not that easy finding those who can also defend on a very high level.

I have a strong feeling we will have a better transfer window than them.

Mister_Stubbs

Think he will. I said weeks ago that Pep is going to spend big this Summer because he has to. He will be sacked if he under performs again next season. This signing is just the start. It's a good start for them though I must say...
So you mean he'll attempt to buy the league, something in which Pep fans boys dismiss him ever doing.

vk20legend

I'll be honest. I've never seen him play. I've only watched the highlights of their game with City and I can't even remember that game properly.

What position does he play and where does he fit in the City's system?

izec

So you mean he'll attempt to buy the league, something in which Pep fans boys dismiss him ever doing.
of course he will buy the league. He hasnt got a top team and to win it here, he needs one. The only option is spending 250m this summer. He also has to win the CL soon, thats why they hired him in the first place.

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City

I think he's just the first of many, rather than being picked ahead of a defender. We are obviously in the market for fullbacks (Mendy and Walker speculation is high), a keeper (Ederson?) and another defensive midfielder (Fabinho links). It's not reasonable to expect us to land all of those, but failure to land them I'd hope we had backups. We are looking at all the right areas.

If I was to go all muppet then I'd still chuck in a centre-back as well, I'm still gutted about Laporte last summer.

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
of course he will buy the league. He hasnt got a top team and to win it here, he needs one. The only option is spending 250m this summer. He also has to win the CL soon, thats why they hired him in the first place.
Whoever buys the league next year, it will leave other managers without the title who have also spent a fortune. This is a big summer for everybody involved, except Wenger.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
FFP has been dead in the water for about 2 years now. No one cares for it for nobody is gonna enforce it.
That's wrong, it only doesn't apply to PL teams because of their TV deal.

Janson

I think you're being sarcastic but quite a few people have taken this hilariously bad. And we probably keep tabs on hundreds of players, whether we wanted him or not is irrelevant apart from dick swinging arguments based on speculation.
I was of course being sarcastic, and I agree with what you're saying here.

JoaquinJoaquin

Yep I think so. Can easily see them going over £200m this Summer. But yeah of course Pep fans won't mention money, that only applies to Pogba and United. Let's just hope his signings go the way of £50m John Stones, who's price tag seems to never be mentioned.

izec

Whoever buys the league next year, it will leave other managers without the title who have also spent a fortune. This is a big summer for everybody involved, except Wenger.
well yes, every team wants the league title, even Liverpool. I didnt say the others wont spend, pretty confident City, Chelsea and United will be the big spenders this summer. But Pep is no exception. I personally think titles matter in the end. In 20 years no one will care how much the clubs invested, only the trophy cabinet counts.

Red Stone

They probably will try to improve the defence at some point but as you say, they have too many who for various reasons aren't good enough back there. It's impossible to replace everyone. Pep prefers ball playing defenders but it's not that easy finding those who can also defend on a very high level.

I have a strong feeling we will have a better transfer window than them.
They're obviously going to strengthen, but it's insane to me that they can throw €70 million at an attacker when they have so much work to do at the back. They'll be breaking records for spending if they manage to fix all their problems this summer. There's too much to buy an very little supply of what Pep wants and needs for those areas.