Best English Talent under 27.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Jack Rodwell
Adam Johnson
Micheal Johnson(Hampered by Injuries and poor attitude)
Jordan Henderson

^Red Devil^

I've mentioned him before but Giles Barnes was a player that had everything going for him as a youngster then injuries took their toll. i heard he is without club but training with one.

Alwyn

Got rid of his pee
In the lower leagues, Dorrans and Snodgrass are pretty talented. Wouldn't rule out Dorrans coming and doing an Adam Johnson next season.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Lescott
Jagielka
lennon
Defoe

Agbonlahor
Milner
Baines
Jenas
Downing
Gary Cahill
Bentley
Bent
Dawson
Sidwell
Hart
David Wheater
Onuoha
Andy Carroll
I believe the OP said: "probably best to exclude the top 4" ;)

Name Changed

weso26
Lescott
Jagielka
lennon
Defoe
Agbonlahor
Milner
Baines
Jenas
Downing
Gary Cahill
Bentley
Bent
Dawson
Sidwell
Hart
David Wheater
Onuoha
Andy Carroll
The future of the English national team doesn't look too bright if these are the best to offer.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
Not discounting players from any club:

Established:

Hart
Johnson, Baines
Dawson, Cahill, Shawcross, Jagielka
Huddlestone, Milner,
Walcott, Lennon, Johnson, Young, Downing, Bentley
Rooney, Bent, Cole, Agbonlahor

Prospects (u-21 ish):

Smalling, Mancienne, Richards, Tomkins, Onouha, Wheater
Gibbs, Walker
Cattermole, Muamba, Gosling, Rodwell, James, Bostock
Lansbury, Cleverly, Wilshere, Rose
Delfouneso, Sturridge, Carroll, Welbeck, Moses, Ranger, Campbell

It is a bit worrying that a lot of England's best players are in the 29-31 year old age bracket, and will be on their last legs/gone at the next WC.

Cling Bak

Hi, I'm Barry Scott
Lescott (27)
Jagielka (27)
lennon
Defoe (27)
Agbonlahor
Milner
Baines
Jenas (27)
Downing
Gary Cahill
Bentley
Bent
Dawson
Sidwell (27)
Hart
David Wheater
Onuoha
Andy Carroll
Just thought I'd point out which of those are not "under" 27. Perhaps that's why that age was chosen, in order to include them. Basically, most of that lot are not "young" anymore. Many others are 26.

It is a bit worrying that a lot of England's best players are in the 29-31 year old age bracket, and will be on their last legs/gone at the next WC.
Slightly. 29-31 is not the back end of a player's career anymore though - if they don't want it to be. Look at Scholes or Giggs. Lampard turns 32 at the World Cup, who could say his best days are definitely behind him?

Plus, the list of players being named are probably not the next generation. A few will contribute, but the real stars will emerge from nowhere like they usually do. Bent, Bentley, Jagielka, Dawson et al aren't suddenly going to blossom into world beaters anymore than they're going to be our only option for the national side.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
Scholes and Giggs have both beneffited from retiring from internationals though.

And both are clever footballers who aren't reliant on speed or strength. Giggs to an extent, but he is definitely a freak of nature. I can't see Gerrard, Barry and Terry playing to a high standard at 33.

Lampard arguably could as he's less..erm...gung-ho, and hopefully Ashley Cole and Rio. But Lampard will be almost 36 and the next WC.

CM is the real worry, as there is a bit of gap age-wise. Lampard, Gerrard, Carrick, Hargreaves, Barry and Parker will all be well into the 30s by the next WC. Beyond Milner and Huddlestone, who before this season didn't look like future England CMs, there is shit like Sidwell and then a big gap to a bunch of kids yet to make their marks. I have high hopes for Rodwell though, and some of the United and Arsenal kids.

VoetbalWizard

adam johnson is a player like ramsey that i am gutted about missing out on. city got him for peanuts in january. cracking player johnson is, plus he's left footed.

we cannot afford to miss out on players like ramsey and johnson (young, under 10 million quid, british, bursting with genuine talent..esp on on the attacking side of the ball). esp in the financial pinch we are currently in, it is imperative that we snap up talents like this.