Best trinities in fooball past or present (apart from the united one)

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
The one pictured in the OP is irrelevant. They've won bugger all.

In my lifetime it has to be Xavi/Iniesta/Busquets.

At a lower tier, the Larsson/Hartson/Sutton Celtic team was fun to watch.

Idxomer

The one in the OP isn't a good trinity. Messi isn't in his prime anymore, Neymar is injury-prone and Mbappe doesn't like to play as a CF to accommodate them.

Ronaldo - Tevez - Rooney were very good for that one year.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Messi, Suarez and Neymar.

What's incredible is that the best midfield trio ever played directly behind them :lol:

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Still waiting for the CL-title though!
Anyone come up with anything better?
Messi, Suárez & Neymar were better even though you can argue that your duo has more individual talent due to Mbappé's presence. They fit together perfectly + all three were at their absolute peak.

Busquets, Xavi & Iniésta.

There were some great old ones like GreNoLi (Gren, Nordahl & Liedholm) or Juve's Trio Magico (Omar Sívori, the Ballon d'Or winner, John Charles, arguably the greatest Welsh player ever & Giampiero Boniperti, Juve's top scorer for 40 odd years).

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
De Bruyne, Silva and Aguero would be up there for best PL ones. Or replace KDB with Yaya if it suits.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I quite enjoyed the Henry/Eto’o/Messi one too. As well as the Ronaldinho/Eto’o/Guily one.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
A little awkward making trios out of 4-4-2 formations but I'll say Baresi-Costacurta-Maldini.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Ribéry, Muller and Robben wasn't too shabby. Also I don't remember seeing them but didn't Del Piero, Baggio and Vialli play together?

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Coutinho (center forward), Pepe (left forward) and Pelé (#10) from the Os Santásticos teams (late 1950s to mid 1960s). Dorval was also there, but he wasn't quite on the level of these three. Crowning moment: when they won the quadruple in 1962 (Campeonato Paulista, Taça Brasil, Copa Libertadores and Intercontinental Cup), while scoring a combined total of ~120 goals. On a side note, all three had also won the World Cup in 1962! :)

vs. the champions of Europe (on their home turf, the Estádio da Luz), with the trio scoring all 5 goals for Santos...

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Not in the traditional sense but Lahm, Schweinsteiger & Klose worked really well together for Germany NT.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Van Der Sar - Ferdinand - Vidic

OL29

Nowhere near the best, but Duff, Drogba and Robben were pretty effective at one point.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
I thought their main midfield included Rakitic by this point.
He wasn't much of a starter when they won the treble
I know this but I just think it's incredible that what is widely considered to be one of the greatest front three's of all time played in the same team as what is widely considered to be one of the greatest midfield three's of all time. I know it wasn't prime Xavi, I know Rakitic was the preferred player at this point, I just think it's amazing that all of those guys could be at the same club at the same time.

El Jefe

Barzagli, Bonucci and Chiellini.

Absolutely brilliant back three that was unfortunate to run into arguably the best versions of Barca and Real Madrid in the CL final and Spain in Euro 2012.

Steven7290

Messi, Suarez and Neymar.

What's incredible is that the best midfield trio ever played directly behind them :lol:
Which is better between that trio and Pedro-Villa-Messi? Talent and buzz wise obviously MSN but Barca was so much more dominant trophy wise with that original trio.