Gaming Best video games of the 2010's

Copa Mundial

Agree with most posted already. I also loved Inside. I don't play a lot of indie games but I thought that was fantastic.
@PhilQ - beat me to it with Inside. Fab indie game, cheap as chips and has the most incredible (!?!) ending.

Art Vandelay

1. The Witcher 3
2. Halo Reach
3. The Witcher 2
4. Skyrim
5. Arkham City(Only because Arkham Asylum was 2009)
6. Pillars of Eternity
7. Far Cry Blood Dragon
8. Resident Evil 2 Remake
9. Metro Exodus
10. The Division

I feel like I'm missing something obvious that I'm going to remember later. Mass Effect 2 would have made it, had it not been rendered utterly pointless by Mass Effect 3's ending.

RedDevilRoshi

Was COD MW2 not released in 2010 or was that late 2009?

Last COD I enjoyed. Since then, the COD series has been absolutely pure s****

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
1. Stardew Valley.

2. Candy Crush.

3. Neko Atsume.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Feels like I'm the only person in the world who couldn't get into Witcher 3. Going to give it one more try.

Definitely not the only one. I didn't like the game at all. I thought the combat was very poor, actually, and not fun in the slightest.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Was COD MW2 not released in 2010 or was that late 2009?

Last COD I enjoyed. Since then, the COD series has been absolutely pure s****

I actually like a few since then. But that was one of the best, for sure. The new one looks good though.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Distinct lack of mentions for Skyrim, thats my absolute favourite game ever made, just gives you so much freedom. Ashamed to admit I've pumped thousands of hours into it.

TrustInJanuzaj

1-Skyrim
2-Witcher 3
3-RDR2
4-GOW
5-Far Cry 3
6-Rimworld (special mention for this one)
7-Assassins Creed Brotherhood
8- Horizon Zero Dawn
9- GTA
10-Sims 4

Special mention to Apex Legends which has probably been some of the most fun I've had with an online shooter

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Going by my favourites:

Nier Automata
LIMBO
INSIDE
Kentucky Route Zero
The Talos Principle
The Last Guardian
Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
No More Heroes: Heroes Paradise (port so not sure if it counts)
Soma

Edit: These must look like massive hipster choices but I really recommend them.

Last edited:

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
I was going to say Halo 3 but I'm off by years. Feck.

altodevil

Yep same. I had to look it up but I remember the Summers of 2007 and 2008 being glorious because of Halo 3 and GTA IV, respectively.
Incredible online achievement. Every facet. Campaign, Forge, conventional multiplayer. Just incredible. Won't be the same, but look forward to the Steam release.

altodevil

Yeah the co-op was phenomenal. Loved going through it on Legendary with some of the badges.

Had competitive scoring too meaning you couldn't hide.
Yeah fantastic

TrustInJanuzaj

Yeah but the Dark Brotherhood quests were crap :(
To be honest most of the guilds and even the main story are abit lackluster but the game is so open and free that i just always seem to get sucked back in. Don't even get me started on the mods...

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Feels like I'm the only person in the world who couldn't get into Witcher 3. Going to give it one more try.
It's over rated, deffo not the no. 1 game of the decade. It's a good game but not that good.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
The Last of Us
Spider-Man
GTA 5
God of War
Arkham City
Uncharted 4

Siorac

1. The Witcher 3
2. Halo Reach
3. The Witcher 2
4. Skyrim
5. Arkham City(Only because Arkham Asylum was 2009)
6. Pillars of Eternity
7. Far Cry Blood Dragon
8. Resident Evil 2 Remake
9. Metro Exodus
10. The Division

I feel like I'm missing something obvious that I'm going to remember later. Mass Effect 2 would have made it, had it not been rendered utterly pointless by Mass Effect 3's ending.
That doesn't make Mass Effect 2 a worse game in any way, it's still great fun to play through it.

Siorac

In no particular order:

The Witcher 3
Mass Effect 2
Prey
Red Dead Redemption 2
Horizon Zero Dawn
Dishonored
Pillars of Eternity
Soulsborne games (yeah, this is cheating... if I have to pick one, it'd be Bloodborne)
Nier: Automata

Honourable mentions to Kingdom Come: Deliverance, Inside, Limbo, Two Point Hospital, Witcher 2, Dishonored 2, Bioshock Infinite, Wolfenstein: The New Order

jem

Great thread! I’m a total novice, but I thought Arkham City was amazing. Also loved Uncharted 4.

Andersons Dietician

1: Mass Effect 2
2: The Witcher 3
3:Monster Hunter World
4: Red dead redemption 2
5:Arkham City
6:Arkham Knight

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Going by my favourites:

Nier Automata
LIMBO
INSIDE
Kentucky Route Zero
The Talos Principle
The Last Guardian
No More Heroes: Heroes Paradise (port so not sure if it counts)
Soma

Edit: These must look like massive hipster choices but I really recommend them.
That's a pretty good list there. Totally deserves my hipsteric attention.

Kentucky Route Zero was something else, at some parts enjoyed it even more more than Oxenfree, but they seriously need to finish that ending act before people start losing interest.

Loved Soma despite everyone comparing it to Amnesia. These comparisons made more disrespect to game than deserved credit, imo.

Don't even get me start on Limbo & Inside... Inside's ending gotta be something from a Lynch movies. Mindf*ck of the highest order. I hope they make another game in that mood, soon.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
That's a pretty good list there. Totally deserves my hipsteric attention.

Kentucky Route Zero was something else, at some parts enjoyed it even more more than Oxenfree, but they seriously need to finish that ending act before people start losing interest.

Loved Soma despite everyone comparing it to Amnesia. These comparisons made more disrespect to game than deserved credit, imo.

Don't even get me start on Limbo & Inside... Inside's ending gotta be something from a Lynch movies. Mindf*ck of the highest order. I hope they make another game in that mood, soon.
Yup, last I heard they're working on porting KR0 to consoles but it's been so long considering the first episode came out in January 2013!

Playdead are definitely doing something. They've been advertising for gameplay designers for something and recently put up some new concept work on their website.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Yup, last I heard they're working on porting KR0 to consoles but it's been so long considering the first episode came out in January 2013!

Playdead are definitely doing something. They've been advertising for gameplay designers for something and recently put up some new concept work on their website.
Many thanks for this. Looks like they're making their purely Sci-Fi-ish attempt, hopefully it will have that fluidity of former games. This one concept is gripping and if that's how it'll look like then just wow... kinda Space Odyssey meets Alien.

Art Vandelay

That doesn't make Mass Effect 2 a worse game in any way, it's still great fun to play through it.
Yes it does, it went from a game and series I'd replay many times to one I'd never waste my time with again. They rendered the story and choices of a game all about story and choices meaningless.

Siorac

Yes it does, it went from a game and series I'd replay many times to one I'd never waste my time with again. They rendered the story and choices of a game all about story and choices meaningless.
Honestly, that's a very odd attitude. A bit like people who complain that the Star Wars EU is no longer canon, even though the stories are still there to enjoy.

The characters are still fun, the missions are still enjoyable, the gunplay remains decent, the Illusive Man is still a captivating villain/ally... I simply can't fathom not enjoying a trilogy anymore just because the ending was shite.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
The choices in ME2 were meaningless regarding the overarching plot to begin with, as it was mainly an episodic collection of missions to recruit allies.

But I think we have a thread for this already, so I won’t derail...:angel:

Revan

Assumptionman
Am I the only person ever who thought that Mankind Divided was superior to Human Revolution? It has a weaker story for sure (not that HR has a great story in the first place) but the mechanics while similar, were improved and most importantly it didn't use the same dungeon (the sewers) everywhere.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Am I the only person ever who thought that Mankind Divided was superior to Human Revolution? It has a weaker story for sure (not that HR has a great story in the first place) but the mechanics while similar, were improved and most importantly it didn't use the same dungeon (the sewers) everywhere.
I liked the story in HR, in this regard MD seems more of the same while just overall executed less well. I have to admit I have not even finished MD to this day.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Bloodborne
Persona 5
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Yakuza 0
Resident Evil 1 HD Remaster
Tekken 7
Dragon Ball Fighterz
Dark Souls 3

These have been the most enjoyable for me.

Give it a few weeks and I'm sure Astral Chain would be on there too.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I still find them both a bit simplistic and mildly disappointing but no, I agree MD was more what HR should have been and a better continuation.

Though all that being said, I'm not sure you can ever top the original so it's maybe a bit harsh to judge them by it. As games in their own right, they are way better than most that have tried the formula.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
Alien Isolation
Assassin's Creed III
Batman Arkham City
Bioshock Infinite
Call of Duty Black Ops
Deus Ex Human Revolution
Dragon Age Inquisition
Elder Scrolls Skyrim
Fallout New Vegas
GTA V (don't like it)
Far Cry 3
The Last of Us
Left 4 Dead II
Mad Max
Mass Effect 2
Mass Effect 3 (a much maligned excellent game vastly improved after the 2012 ending fiasco and with some of best quality/price DLC ever released)
Outlast
Portal 2
Resident Evil 7
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Star Wars The Old Republic MMO (since 2014, 2.0, at least)
Tomb Raider
Total War Attila
The Walking Dead Telltale Series
The Witcher 3
Wolfenstein The Old Blood
X-Com Enemy Unknown

Last edited:

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Skyrim or Witcher 3 would have to be my number one. Also strong shout for Dishonour. I had a blast playing through that game.

Beyond that, I'm struggling to put together much of a list

Coxy

1) Skyrim
2) Ori and the Blind Forest
3) Red Dead Redemption
4) The Last of Us
5) Mass Effect 2
6) GTA 5
7) God of War
8) Mario & Rabbids: Kingdom Battle
9) Fallout 4
10) Bloodborne

Spiderman, Prey, Deus Ex:MD and Total War: Rome 2 get honourable mentions too.

Siorac

As well done as Prague was, the game really suffered for having only one hub and a very lacklustre story that was cut in half before it got going. Sarif lost his iconic voice actor, and in general, the characters were less memorable and so were the missions.

I played it once and that's it while I still replay Human Revolution from time to time.

Havak

Pokemon master
For a bit of Nintendo exclusive flavour:

Pokémon X & Y
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Bravely Default
Professor Layton & the Miracle Mask
Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Bayonetta 2
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Super Mario Odyssey
Monster Hunter Generations: Ultimate
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Super Mario Maker 2
Astral Chain

There's definitely a lot more but they're some personal picks / incredibly well received games.

Siorac

I liked the story in HR, in this regard MD seems more of the same while just overall executed less well. I have to admit I have not even finished MD to this day.
You haven't missed anything, really. The end is a big "feck you, buy the sequel" - except the sequel is not going to happen now because Square Enix is a bit shit these days.

RedMist99

1. Zelda Breath of the Wild
2. The Witcher 3
3. Skyrim
4. Battlefield 1
5. Deus Ex HR
6. Fallout New Vegas
7. Nier Automata
8. Mario Kart 8
9. Fortnite
10. Rocket League

kps88

1. Last of Us
2. God of War
3. Breath of the Wild
4. Divinity 2
5. Bloodborne
6. Portal 2
7. Overwatch
8. Hearthstone

The last two are by no means perfect but I think I've put the most amount of time into both of them these last few years.