"Big changes need to be made in the summer"

Dubai_Devil

giggzy said:
who said that? Fergie?
Its been said quite a lot.

Drastic things need to be done. This cant be allowed to happen. Major changes need to be made.

Im just wondering what they think should be done.

Murt

The transfer forum should be taken away.

A bit of ethnic clensing wouldnt go astray either, ie ban all scousers, rentboys and arses too-

Murt

I also think Baz should buy a few more shares and try to get Niall out.

Niall is the Fartin Martin of redcaf history imo.

Hawkeye

Martin tyler said it

isn't there a simlar thread called "problems to be addressed" :confused:

Reds_always

banned
Well thing is i dont think anyone has a clue what will or can happen that will make us competitive again for league, i mean it was Chelsea without Terry, Cech, Robben and Duff! Also they are only going to get better in summer! Not looking good from where im sitting and im normally preety optimistic

Dubai_Devil

Hawkeye said:
Martin tyler said it

isn't there a simlar thread called "problems to be addressed" :confused:
No, thats not the same as people saying that major changes need to be made.

FLASHWOK

Flash...ahhhaaa..etc etc
Coldplay is good? You are saying bullshits...U fuc
Dubai_Devil said:
Its been said quite a lot.

Drastic things need to be done. This cant be allowed to happen. Major changes need to be made.

Im just wondering what they think should be done.
cull the deadwood and we'll easily have between 20-30 million pounds. We now will have 12 mill or so from the Stam sale finally...can't believe the board doesn't have 5-10 mill earmarked even with their protestations of bankruptcy.

that leaves us with anywhere between 37-52 million pounds...enough to fix what ails us....if that still isn't enough, borrow 30 million pounds and pay it off over time...it's a pittance paid of fover several years.

67-82 million pound kitty...to turn the tide...how it is to be spent and who it is spent on I can only guess.

Number7

Ret's Slave
A new Gk is a must. The 3 we have at the moment are not good enough. Out of the 3 I'd keep Tim, and get rid of Carroll and Ricardo. Bring in a decent goalkeeper and a sign another on a free transfer as backup.

Not sure, but I think we need a completely new Central Midfield partnership. Obviously we shouldn't sell either Keane or Scholes, rather reduce the amount of times they play in a season and gradually build the team around the 2 new CMs. Imo, Scholes has had more poor games these last 2 seasons than good ones, but he's still one of the best in the world 'on his day'.
feck knows who those players will be. Especially if we've got no money.

giggzy

The Fatter Bryan Robson
A new keeper. Thing is, very good ones are like gold dust.

Our midfield needs freshening up. It's too old, and gets the run around far too much thesedays.

And we could also do with a CB.

Dubai_Devil

FLASHWOK said:
cull the deadwood and we'll easily have between 20-30 million pounds. We now will have 12 mill or so from the Stam sale finally...can't believe the board doesn't have 5-10 mill earmarked even with their protestations of bankruptcy.

that leaves us with anywhere between 37-52 million pounds...enough to fix what ails us....if that still isn't enough, borrow 30 million pounds and pay it off over time...it's a pittance paid of fover several years.

67-82 million pound kitty...to turn the tide...how it is to be spent and who it is spent on I can only guess.
You are living in a dream world Flash. Lets look at the deadwood and how much they would fetch; JOS - £3m, Kleb - £3m, Bellion - £1m, Saha - £4m, Miller - £2m. Thats about £15m, and thats if we sell them all which I doubt we will. The Stam money is only £7.3m, and I think its already been put into the Rooney fee. Then there is reports of us spending about £5m on Mikel Obi. We are not going to borrow money to buy players, the board of directors just wont allow it. That gives us about £15-£20m to spend. We need a keeper and a good one, then there will not be much left to do anything with. Maybe get some cheap cover for the wings.

Dubai_Devil

Davo said:
You should try Heinze at CB

I've been saying this for ages....and I'm always right
Then that leaves us with Silvestre at LB, who is quite dodgy, and him and Rio have worked quite well as a partnership, but I do want to see it given a try.

leviathan

FLASHWOK said:
cull the deadwood and we'll easily have between 20-30 million pounds.
who is going to fetch that much???

FLASHWOK said:
We now will have 12 mill or so from the Stam sale finally...
i thought we had most of that already..

FLASHWOK said:

hope u're not serious.. i doubt the board will let the club go into debt and further doubt that we have a war chest of anything above 10-15mil pounds tops.

i still think we have enough quality in our side. the deadwood does need to be let out, but instead of binge buying, i'd like to see a lot more youngsters being given a chance..

miah

GK.

The coaching. Can do more with finishing, not only on the volley type, practice on freekicks and corner kicks. We should also improve on our set pieces. Zero threat from there.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Number7 said:
Agreed.

And Maybe try Spector at leftback.

But that's not going to happen.
Well, Spector looks to be a good prospect for the future, but I think if Heinze moves to CD, then SAF should look for a veteran LB who can attack, pass, and defend. The usual suspects like Del Horno, Maxwell, Chivu (though he might be better used in CD) will be mentioned. Maybe bring Rob Carlos in for a couple years while Spector matures (assuming Real go after Del Horno).

roonaldo78

The midfield has to be sorted out either by bringing in young players from the reserves or a quality midfielder should be signed to play alongside keano and scholes. Fletcher seems to be developing into a good midfilder and hopefully will be able to operate in central midfield in the future but fletcher is not a ball winner. We need a tough tackling ball winner who can sit in front of the defence and stop the oppositions flow of play. Keano does this role at the moment but he tends to get caught out of position and ends up making clumsy tackles. This doesn't mean that keano should be dropped but he should be played alongside a young energetic defensive midfielder who can read the game well.

Bearded but no genius

Dubai_Devil said:
Thats not really answering the question is it.
Yes, but he's part of the SackFergieSellGiggs crowd, so logic and cogent replies don't necessarily come with the territory.

Dubai_Devil

So by the sounds of this thread, the changes are we need a new keeper or we need a new midfielder. Hardly major changes then.

Hawkeye

Money is reseved for Goalie already apparently

if we can generate 8 million from selling deadwood it can go on a midfield not sure how good though

Well done on missing out on Van Bommel fergie :mad:

Number7

Ret's Slave
MrMarcello said:
Well, Spector looks to be a good prospect for the future, but I think if Heinze moves to CD, then SAF should look for a veteran LB who can attack, pass, and defend. The usual suspects like Del Horno, Maxwell, Chivu (though he might be better used in CD) will be mentioned. Maybe bring Rob Carlos in for a couple years while Spector matures (assuming Real go after Del Horno).
If we were to sign a veteran LB I doubt we'd ever see Spector make it into the first team.
We're seeing less and less of our youth/reseve as it is.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Number7 said:
If we were to sign a veteran LB I'ddoubt we'd ever see Spector make it into the first team.
We're seeing less and less of our youth/reseve as it is.
If he's good enough, he'll eventually push the incumbent out. It has happened with other United youth (Scholes, Butt, Beckham, Gazza, etc.).

Davo

Get a new left back in on the cheap, or just make a choice between Neville, Silvestre and Fortune and stick with it for a bit...

Irwin

Midfield should be number 1 priority. A top class centre midfielder, and a winger.

Dubai_Devil

Reds_always said:
Goalkeeper
DM
AM
Winger - who can cross
Central defender

But realistically we will get 3 if lucky and they wont be world class they will be "fixer uppers"!
Yes. Thats very nice. Who could we get for each of these positions and how much would they cost?

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
thewelshconjurer said:
A new manager could also be a hit.
as if that would be a guarantee.
imo not much will happen regarding transfers, fergie will wait and hope that some young players will be ready in 1-2 years.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Big and drastic changes are needed alright

- First off, get Rio a haircut, he looks like a retarded version of a retard
- Paint Brown purple, orange is just so not him.
- Saha needs some new boots
- Hide the bloody sleeping pills before a game, Silvestre seems to be addicted now
- Tell Gazza to try and go a season without being a spaz on no more or less than 1 occasion

Also, can't we just roll Ronaldo out onto the pitch before the start of a game? saves him the trouble of all that time he spends waiting for an excuse to fall over

Dubai_Devil

OK people im talking about major changes, not buy a new keeper or a new midfielder.