Bigger legend for Real Madrid: C.Ronaldo or Raul?

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Who will be seen as the bigger legend for Real Madrid in 40-50 years time? C.Ronaldo or Raul?

C.Ronaldo pretty much has all the Real Madrid records that Raul used to have, but Raul would always be the golden boy of Madrid. Who will be the bigger legend?

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
In 40-50 years time it'll be someone who hasn't been born yet

ROFLUTION

It’s how you go about things isnt it? Raul for me as it’s a romantic story, but I cant speak for Real Madrid fans. Ronaldo sure have given them much in an era where they could’ve been dwarfed by Messi & co.

Tarrou

most people then won't have seen them play or know much about how much of a cnut Ronaldo is

so Ronaldo, as all the esteem Raul has with the fans will be reduced to stats which obviously Ronnie dominates

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
What does being a legend means? Stats? If so then Ronaldo. Personal awards? Sure, Ronaldo too but personal awards should be irrelevant when discussing a club legend imo.

Ronaldo doesn't give a feck about anything besides himself though. He's a football legend but he only represents himself in a way that doesn't speak about any club unless what that club represents is records and money.

Oh nevermind, this is Real Madrid we're talking about. Yeah get fecked Di Stefano, Ronaldo is the biggest legend in the club's history.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Ronaldo vs Di Stefano would be more meaning discussion.

Ronaldo
- 450 goals in 438 games
- 4 Ballon D'ors with Real Madrid

- 4 CL
- 2 La Liga
- 15 trophies won

Di Stefano
- 308 goals in 396 games
- 2 Ballon D'ors with Real Madrid
- 5 CL
- 8 La Liga
- 18 trophies won

Probably Di Stefano in terms of trophies won. But Ronaldo was their best individual player ever.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Don't think this is much of a competition in all honesty, nothing against Raúl.

I think Cristiano Ronaldo will be appreciated more and more in the coming decades, he's a top 5 player of all time and spent his best years at Real Madrid.

It's between him and di Stefano.

Cloud7

Surely it’s Ronaldo?

He won what, 4 or 5 CL’s
And isn’t he their all time highest goal scorer now?

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Raul. Local lad. Moved from Atletico and became a legend at RM. Likeable, pleasant demeanor and is not a diva.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Surely in Spain they most have a made a poll about this. Raul is a legend in the mold of Del Piero. Ronaldo is their greatest player ever although some of oldest fans might favor Di Stefano.

Idxomer

Surely it’s Ronaldo?

He won what, 4 or 5 CL’s
And isn’t he their all time highest goal scorer now?
4 but Raul has won 3 and had more major trophies with Madrid than Ronaldo.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Depends of your definition of a legend I’d say, but by almost all metrics it’s Ronaldo, though the fans probably has a higher attachment towards Raul.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Depends of your definition of a legend I’d say, but by almost all metrics it’s Ronaldo, though the fans probably has a higher attachment towards Raul.
They still dumped him to Schalke 04 though

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Who will be seen as the bigger legend for Real Madrid in 40-50 years time? C.Ronaldo or Raul?

C.Ronaldo pretty much has all the Real Madrid records that Raul used to have, but Raul would always be the golden boy of Madrid. Who will be the bigger legend?
Let's ask those who's opinions really matter

@giorno @GatoLoco @Madridista2000

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The fans would have played Raul until he was in a wheelchair. Stunk up the joint for a couple of seasons but was still loved.

C.Ronaldo is obviously the better player but I reckon a lot of fans hold Raul has the bigger legend.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I loved Raul as a player. I went to the Bernabau in 2003 and he was phenomenal. But Ronaldo is just in a different stratosphere. What a player, what a winner. An absolute monster. The best I’ve seen at United by far and got better at Madrid.

GeneralKenobi

I think to the locals, it will be Raúl but to Real's global fanbase, it has to be Cristiano surely.
I don't know a single local fan that thinks Raul is a bigger Madrid legend than Cristiano.
Some have a deeper affection for him, but only that.

I believe the general consensus is that only Di Stéfano is ahead of Cristiano. Both were the spearheads of the 2 greatest generations, both shaped the club more than any other player.

Mas Risky

Cristiano Ronaldo without a doubt.

Raul may not be well-known to those who did not follow Real Madrid in the 1990s or the early 2000s.

Although most people think of Raul as the RM captain when they hear his name, Raul was not RM captain in any of the three UCL championships he won.

After David Vila steps in to take his place, Spain NT also begins to flourish.

That being said, he is a statesman in the world of football. He never got a red card and was a great servant for his club.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I loved Raul as a player. I went to the Bernabau in 2003 and he was phenomenal. But Ronaldo is just in a different stratosphere. What a player, what a winner. An absolute monster. The best I’ve seen at United by far and got better at Madrid.
Legend doesn’t always mean the better player though. Raul being a local lad helps a lot. Probably the only player the fans never boo’d :lol:

cyberman

I remember a ridiculous stat that when Ronaldo scored some landmark goal he could have went 400 (or something stupid) more games without a goal and still have a better goal to game ratio than Raul
This thread half reminded me of a stat I don’t fully remember

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
This could easily be answered once you define what's a legend for you

InfiniteBoredom

I’m not a Madrid fan obviously but I still see Raul as more of a Madrid legend than CR. Despite all that the latter has achieved, the brand he cultivated for himself makes it hard to associate him with any club as part of a greater whole.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Probably Di Stefano in terms of trophies won. But Ronaldo was their best individual player ever.
Di Stéfano easily since he'd made them who they are. Cristiano merely sustained the status quo. You can match and even outmatch Di Stéfano's stats (which Cristiano did in most aspects) but you still won't be able to reach him simply because of the starting position.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Cristiano, and light years ahead of any other player in the modern era

Spoony

The People's President
Raul is the bigger Real legend, he's not close to Cristiano as a player but it's not just about that is it.