Bill Clinton

Bearded but no genius

I love him as a personality, and he was an amazing president in terms of domestic policy.

But he's a lunatic, as are all politicians.

kkcbl

Youngie said:
Still not as good as our Tony though....a World Statesman who will only be truly appreciated when he's gone!
'fraid your Tony, who COULD have become one, will now be remembered as GW's pet poodle & Prime Minister of the USA.

kkcbl

jasonrh said:
I love him as a personality, and he was an amazing president in terms of domestic policy.

But he's a lunatic, as are all politicians.
So why do you consider him as a lunatic?

I'd also like to see you state GW Bush is a lunatic...

ellie brown

the east is red
One of the papers I completed toward my POLS BA was politics and the information society which was done by a high flying american lecturer, she was brilliant, and worked on capitol hill before completing her Phd in the US. One day she told us a bit more about herself and said she was fortunate enough to go to a 'state of the union' address while she was working in Washington, another occasion she was doing a temporary contract in Illinois, in her words "the middle of nowhere" when Clinton visited that institution and she was there again, THEN during her first year teaching in the south island of NZ, who turns up? but Clinton again, she told us she was thinking of setting up a pup tent across the road from the hotel he was staying at (which incidentally had tonnes of security equipment all over it), saying "Sir? are you following me?", then she said in front of us (and this was less than a year after the Lewinsky scandal), "HEY maybe I'll work from him one day!" there was a silence of about a nanosecond.....

THEN

Everyone in the lecture theatre "OH RIGHT? you wanna WORK for him, eh???" and lots of wolf whistling and cat calling from everyone in the entire lecture theatre :smirk:

The expression on her face was brilliant, confused initially, then absolutely shocked!! she was going "OH!! NO!!! NO!! " then looking daggers at us...ha!:cool:

Fearless

Mighty Mouse
Youngie said:
Still not as good as our Tony though....a World Statesman who will only be truly appreciated when he's gone!
Agreed.

Wasn't so sure of him at first, but he grew into the role brilliantly.

Rolled with the Tysonesque punches that would have easily dipatched most if not all chicken shit backbenchers/stabbers around him.

The best leader the Tories never had.

Youngie

The centrist reforms in the American Democratic Party associated with Bill Clinton and the New Democrats are comparable with our very own Tony Blair. He is credited with and blamed for moving the Labour Party towards the centre of British politics, using the term "New Labour" to distinguish his pro-market policies from the more collectivist policies which the party had espoused in the past, although far as I know Blair never rimmed his secretary.

Bearded but no genius

Youngie said:
The centrist reforms in the American Democratic Party associated with Bill Clinton and the New Democrats are comparable with our very own Tony Blair. He is credited with and blamed for moving the Labour Party towards the centre of British politics, using the term "New Labour" to distinguish his pro-market policies from the more collectivist policies which the party had espoused in the past, although far as I know Blair never rimmed his secretary.
The problem is, once he left office the Democrats went whacky again.

Blair's changes to Labour will be much more long lasting than Clinton's to the Dems.

The one Democrat most like Clinton in terms of policy is Joe Lieberman, and he's been run out of the party like a leper.

Youngie

Labour have survived purely on Blair's populism and without him the party will stumble back into its bad old ways..you need true respected leaders to carry out 'unpopular but necessary' policies and those Labour backbenchers/stabbers will eventually get what they deserve.. voted out!

FresnoBob

Like most politicians, Bill Clinton is much more popular now that he is out of office. GOP folks can get a laugh out of his personal antics and his enemies in his own party can forego the differences and slights they thought they suffered. There are few political figures in the US more popular than an ex-President.

In Dubya's case, many people can hardly wait for him to become an ex-prez.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
a friend of mine met him when he gave a speech at a local university. She met him after and he put his arm around her and touched her ass. A photo was taken off him with his arm around her.

Next day she tried to get a copy of the pic and was told that no pics were taken..