Television Billions - new Showtime series

wr8_utd

:'(
I reckon they saw The Bear do it well, and their writers just aren’t as good.

I actively google whether folks in The Bear are Hospo stalwarts or generic actors. It all feels authentic and light touch homage.

Entourage and Billions were always more overt and somewhat valid. This season of Billions has been horrific.
Billions has been around for way longer though and their excess pop/movie/Lord knows what references have always been a bit non-subtle and in your face. I reckon a majority of people on the right side of 40 have absolutely no clue what they're referencing most of the times.

justsomebloke

Also, the pop culture references strewn through the nature. Maybe I'm 32 and too young for this, but is there anyone who gets even 80% of their random references?
Not sure I get even 20% of it, to be honest. A lot of them seem to reference baseball, basketball or American football, none of whom I have any clue about.

Last edited:

Amir

A very satisfying finale. Actually, I thought it was one of the better ones.

It was always likely some we'd find out that someone betrayed Prince - it was actually clear Philip was not really on his side anymore - as they weren't going to devise a whole new plan in the final episode. Didn't expect it would be so complex, involve so many people and that so much will be revealed about what happened behind the scenes in the previous episodes

wr8_utd

:'(
I think the betrayals were one too many and a bit of a rush to reveal them all but it was a satisfying finale after a lot of lost years over the last few seasons. I'm fairly certain the spin-offs like Millions and Trillions will be fairly awful.

baskinginthesun

Decent finale. Good closure moments for all the characters, I suppose. But, overall this season wasn't all that. Bit of a chore to wade through.

justsomebloke

I think the betrayals were one too many and a bit of a rush to reveal them all but it was a satisfying finale after a lot of lost years over the last few seasons. I'm fairly certain the spin-offs like Millions and Trillions will be fairly awful.
A very neat wrap-up it was, with no loose ends but plenty of pathways put down for spin-offs (or additional seasons, if that's still a possibility. Maybe a little too neat, but I guess it could be worse.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Gotten to season 5 and got to say every employee at Mase Cap annoys me. It’s like they’re instructed to be as much of a parody as possible. Especially Rian. And also the guy with glasses who’s name I forget.

Other than that, I still enjoy the show.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
A very neat wrap-up it was, with no loose ends but plenty of pathways put down for spin-offs (or additional seasons, if that's still a possibility. Maybe a little too neat, but I guess it could be worse.
Was a strong finish and tied it all up very well. I can't see another season working as it would be going over old ground (again) whatever they decided to write.