Television Billions - new Showtime series

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Sacker definitely tiptoes along the line but I don't think she's done anything egregious as of yet, apart from sleeping with both Connerty brothers.

I agree completely on Connerty, I know most people watch this show for Axe but he'd become my favorite character.
Would you be surprised if in one episode you saw Lonnies severed head in the background of her apartment, fashioned into a reading lamp? Afro ablaze in a soft orange hue.

I wouldn’t.

SirAF

Ageist
Still good for me :drool: Gotta love Axe’s last stunt with the chopper and the «museum» :D

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Am 4 episodes in to the latest season and it is the tightest most enjoyable run so far for me.

Excellent stuff.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Axe's exit from the show is so well handled.

Although with Prince taking over as Chuck's #1 enemy, I'm not sure how that would go down. They've shown Prince to be a good man so far, rather than a typical capitalist like Axe was

wr8_utd

:'(
Anyone yet watching this? I used to really love the show

it's hard to really take it seriously this season without Axe on it. Chuck's obsession also is getting far too unbelievable at this point and the constant overuse of dialogues from movies has been OTT this year. Not sure if it's been renewed for another year but it's really losing the plot imo.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

it's hard to really take it seriously this season without Axe on it. Chuck's obsession also is getting far too unbelievable at this point and the constant overuse of dialogues from movies has been OTT this year. Not sure if it's been renewed for another year but it's really losing the plot imo.
I’m struggling to get through this season.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
It's annoying how long they needed for a new season, I have no idea what happened in the final season. I probably won't be bothered to even resume it now.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

I agree with this, especially the bit about Chuck. He is just openly pursuing a man because he is rich and the show hasn’t even tried to introduce an angle to disguise it. He’s a rich man himself on some sort of righteous crusade to topple a man just because he is richer.

Amir

It's annoying how long they needed for a new season, I have no idea what happened in the final season. I probably won't be bothered to even resume it now.
The previous season was stopped after 7 episodes because of the virus, was continued a few months ago with the remaining 5 months, and the new season started quite shortly after that.

Amir

Yeah, it was renewed.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs

Axe was the worst part of the show for me. Couldn't stand his character and Damien Lewis' bad attempt at a New York accent annoyed me every time he talked. He's supposed to be some legit native New Yorker, but to get a broadcast Midwestern accent, Damien Lewis had to seem like he was clenching and grinding his teeth every time he talked and never sounded remotely like a New Yorker, even one without a heavy accent.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Axe was the worst part of the show for me. Couldn't stand his character and Damien Lewis' bad attempt at a New York accent annoyed me every time he talked. He's supposed to be some legit native New Yorker, but to get a broadcast Midwestern accent, Damien Lewis had to seem like he was clenching and grinding his teeth every time he talked and never sounded remotely like a New Yorker, even one without a heavy accent.
You aren’t wrong about the accent, but I think he always talks like that with his teeth. He has a weird mouth. He’s a good actor but I’ll agree with your assessment when applied to the latter seasons. All got a bit much.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I agree with this, especially the bit about Chuck. He is just openly pursuing a man because he is rich and the show hasn’t even tried to introduce an angle to disguise it. He’s a rich man himself on some sort of righteous crusade to topple a man just because he is richer.
This is a thing with American shows. So many start off brilliantly, but the desire to milk the cow, so to speak, mean they always carry on a season, two or three too many. And you end up with characters whose exaggerated traits only become more pronounced, driving them to the point of absurdity. Chuck in this is a one trick pony. Obsessed with the rich hedge fund manager in a very personal vendetta, which is then totally negated by it becoming the exact same plot of his next story “arc”.

Billions was a great show that should’ve ended before the last season.

Amir

This is a thing with American shows. So many start off brilliantly, but the desire to milk the cow, so to speak, mean they always carry on a season, two or three too many. And you end up with characters whose exaggerated traits only become more pronounced, driving them to the point of absurdity. Chuck in this is a one trick pony. Obsessed with the rich hedge fund manager in a very personal vendetta, which is then totally negated by it becoming the exact same plot of his next story “arc”.

Yeah, it's dragging for too long. The current season has been awfully systematic with one side getting a win, then the other, etc. This weeks episode was a total bore.

wr8_utd

I genuinely had not thought that Billions would go down this path but they've completely lost their way now. I also can't stand Chuck anymore. His tactics are so repetitive it feels like the writers are completely clueless about what else they can do with this show apart from Chuck being competley obsessed with the billionaire of the day.

wr8_utd

That 11th episode. It just keeps getting worse with every passing episode

anant

That 11th episode. It just keeps getting worse with every passing episode
There's nothing left in the show. Ideally should be closing it down, but seems like everyone's storyline is getting a bit more "spread"

Brophs

The One and Only
There's nothing left in the show. Idelly should be closing it down, but seems like everyone's storyline is getting a bit more "spread"
Almost every long running show goes this way, especially with a big cast. I remember the last few seasons of the Office, the sole motivation seemed to be the amusement of the cast and giving the lesser characters more screen time. Presumably, because the main characters aren’t available half the time due to other commitments.

wr8_utd

There's nothing left in the show. Ideally should be closing it down, but seems like everyone's storyline is getting a bit more "spread"
They're just going to give us 4 more years of Chuck and Prince going at it even though there's nothing left in that storyline.

Brophs

The One and Only
Nice for Chuck that he's suddenly no longer a massive sex case, though.

anant

Almost every long running show goes this way, especially with a big cast. I remember the last few seasons of the Office, the sole motivation seemed to be the amusement of the cast and giving the lesser characters more screen time. Presumably, because the main characters aren’t available half the time due to other commitments.
In case of Office, they stretched it for 2 seasons. But in their defence, the hadn't started converging the storylines to a single point at the end of any season, and I doubt they could have done that entirely in S7.

In case of Billons, they had multiple opportunities to close all storylines. They were really close to doing that

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
They are working on FOUR related shows.
The show catered dramatically once Axe left the show. It was completely unwatchable. Can't see any character deserving their own spin off, maybe Taylor could have one.

Amir

The show catered dramatically once Axe left the show. It was completely unwatchable. Can't see any character deserving their own spin off, maybe Taylor could have one.
Those are not really spin offs. Just different versions. Like one that is located in Miami. Another that will be called Trillions about the extra rich and Millions about up and coming ones.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Those are not really spin offs. Just different versions. Like one that is located in Miami. Another that will be called Trillions about the extra rich and Millions about up and coming ones.
Oh christ, it sounds even worse than I anticipated.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
I gave up, if was getting utterly ridiculous and shite

Mike Smalling

I gave up, if was getting utterly ridiculous and shite
Same. In the fourth season I think. Incredibly repetitive. First couple of seasons where decent, but these producers need to know how to make a contained story.