Billy No Mates Draft

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Agree with both of Balu's points.

The first one is just very logical and in terms of the second point for me I found the voting system messy without adding any value.

I think it was good to try it but I think proven to be unnecessary and the previous way was better IMO.

Enigma_87

You know who
I think it was good to try it but I think proven to be unnecessary and the previous way was better IMO.
I see that it's 2 goals difference this time that is added, which wasn't the case in the last draft and most were calling for it. :)

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Just 2 questions regarding the rules @Physiocrat

1. Reinforcements:
Wouldn't it be a bit fairer to go to the lamb style reinforcements after the quarterfinals? To balance the advantage of picking first now, there should be at least one round that starts in the opposite direction in my opinion

2. Voting
Has the new voting system really been a success? I didn't follow the last draft closely enough to tell, but I think it sucked and the original one was better. But that's just my opinion, I'm happy if I'm on my own with that and play with the rules in the op.
1. So Lamb style for the semis and final? I see your point to even it up for those lower down the list to reinforce with some GOATS. I'll amend the OP. @Edgar Allan Pillow

2. My thoughts from the last draft was that the scorelines added a nice bit over realism and even though EAP got battered with the votes vs Stobz it was just a 2-1 to Stobz as opposed to 18-2. Also I thought last time unnecessarily restricted the score lines. Quite a few times I wanted to vote 3-1 but it wasn't available. It does look a little cumbersome but I'd like to see how it works.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
2. Voting
Has the new voting system really been a success? I didn't follow the last draft closely enough to tell, but I think it sucked and the original one was better. But that's just my opinion, I'm happy if I'm on my own with that and play with the rules in the op.
this

NM

will be following this.. should be fun

harms

Staff
@Joga Bonito is clearly overthinking it. Close to the meltdown?
Yes 5/1; No 20/1

I'm bored already

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Wow, this got set up fast. Did the first pick already come through?
Nope. Joga has too much choice. I think he's creating some massive decision tree at the moment. Just to note he does in principle have until 0100 Tuesday GMT since the deadlines only kick in on Monday at 1700. Hopefully though he will be much quicker than that

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Sorry for the hold-up, just wasn't expecting the first pick and had to scrap something that I wanted to try out initially.

Anyway...

1. joga bonito - 1. Maradona
  2. Sjor Bepo/Viva Januzaj - 1.
  3. harms - 1.
  4. mazhar13 - 1.
  5. Tuppet - 1.
  6. Physiocrat - 1.
  7. The Stain - 1.
  8. Balu/crappy - 1.
  9. Stobzilla - 1.
  10. RedTiger - 1.
  11. diarm - 1.
  12. Gio - 1.
  13. Aldo - 1.
  14. EAP - 1.
  15. Enigma_87/MJJ - 1.
  16. Invictus/ Theon - 1.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I'm with Balu regarding the drafting for the quarter finals. If it's going to be a lamb draft at the semis, why not make it the same at the quarters just for consistency? It should also make things more interested given the more limited pool.

Regarding the scorelines, I'm happy to see some +2 goal-difference scores on there. This was something many of us (me included) wanted, and that makes the voting system good enough for me.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Why don't i get alerted when there are new posts? :( Maybe i'm just drunk.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
I'm with Balu regarding the drafting for the quarter finals. If it's going to be a lamb draft at the semis, why not make it the same at the quarters just for consistency? It should also make things more interested given the more limited pool.
Balu's point, I think, was that the later number drafters should get first pick in the first reinforcement round to have a chance of picking a GOAT since most of the massive names would have been picked by the early drafters. Hence the alteration to Lamb only for the semifinals.

harms

Staff
@Šjor Bepo are you picking soon, mate? I'm going to bed in a few and want to make a pick before that