Billy No Mates Draft

Enigma_87

You know who
The scale of that feck up is just starting to sink in - Gerson blocked as well which takes away both of the central midfielders.

Damn, very unlucky that.
Nah I was aware of blocking gerson. Just Dee Kaiser evaded me :( and we sent it rather quickly with no proper background check.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Both picks are Pass.

Final reinforcements picked are:

Joga Bonito/ Gio: - Scirea, Rijkaard
Tuppet - Garrincha, Neeskens
Enigma_87/MJJ - Pele, Roy Keane
Invictus/Theon - C Ronaldo, Elias Figueroa.

I'll do the draw in 10 mins. Gotta do it on the phone.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Did you realise that Figueroa also played with Müller at Fort Lauderdale @Tuppet ? Or were you just lucky to switch to Neeskens for the last pick?

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Wow :lol:

He was incredibly lucky
You guys didn't know either? I thought you must be fuming that he was blocking your best centerback pick even though he can't play him :lol:.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
You guys didn't realise either? I thought you must be fuming that he was blocking your best centerback pick even though he can't play him :lol:.
Nope :lol:

We didn't realise Best was blocked by him either - otherwise I would have assumed he would have 100% been going for C. Ronaldo (as opposed to 50/50) and I reckon we would have gone on a completely different tangent!

Moral of the story is that we've all been completely clueless here - bar Joga/Gio

Enigma_87

You know who
Nope :lol:

We didn't realise Best was blocked by him either - otherwise I would have assumed he would have 100% been going for C. Ronaldo (as opposed to 50/50) and I reckon we would have gone on a completely different tangent!

Moral of the story is that we've all been completely clueless here - bar Joga/Gio
Yet we only got one that we block der Kaiser with :lol:

Oh well. At least we got Keane to fix the midfield. Still if we could have had set Kaiser partnering him with Cryuff And Pele up front and Henry/Figo wide it would've been phenomenal :(

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Why couldn't they have met in the final? :(
It's way too close tbh to pick 2 clear finalists.

For Tuppet, Neeskens is a clear upgrade on Hierro and a far better fit. Garrincha is a upgrade on Jairzinho, but not that much. Tbh, I'd have preferred if he had addressed his CB situation here. Maldini is one of my top 3 all time favourite players and seeing him played as Right CB brings me to near tears. He really should have gotten Kohler/Bergomi and dropped Junior. Maldini...Passarella...Bergomi..Andrade would have been rock solid and :drool:.

As for Enigma, Kaizer-Keane would be a juicy midfield and can't really pass up Pele to partner Cryuff, but still....can't really place it.... It's still Pele though!

Tuppet

It's way too close tbh to pick 2 clear finalists.

For Tuppet, Neeskens is a clear upgrade on Hierro and a far better fit. Garrincha is a upgrade on Jairzinho, but not that much. Tbh, I'd have preferred if he had addressed his CB situation here. Maldini is one of my top 3 all time favourite players and seeing him played as Right CB brings me to near tears. He really should have gotten Kohler/Bergomi and dropped Junior. Maldini...Passarella...Bergomi..Andrade would have been rock solid and :drool:.

As for Enigma, Kaizer-Keane would be a juicy midfield and can't really pass up Pele to partner Cryuff, but still....can't really place it.... It's still Pele though!
All of them blocked :( damn Maldini and Matthaus pretty much block any decent defender. Thought Figureoa is my only chance, well that theory is shot as well.

May be its time to bring back the old Nasazzi write up. He was a great defender, though not a vote winner.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Na, they were lucky as well. From good sources I know that they considered blocking Pele so that MJJ/Enigma couldn't pick him. I didn't point it out to Joga until the round was done. Sadly it didn't happen, would have been a beauty as well :). Sorry @Joga Bonito, I'm not a trustworthy consultant unless you officially make me co-manager :D.

In hindsight I really regret that I didn't ignore MJJ's post about their brilliant attack. Should have kept quiet until after all 3 rounds were done. That actually sucks, because I influenced this round way more than I should have :(.

But how did everyone totally forget checking the US leagues in the 70's/80's? They're hardly a well kept secret :lol:.

MJJ

Na, they were lucky as well. From good sources I know that they considered blocking Pele so that MJJ/Enigma couldn't pick him. I didn't point it out to Joga until the round was done. Sadly it didn't happen, would have been a beauty as well :). Sorry @Joga Bonito, I'm not a trustworthy consultant unless you officially make me co-manager :D.

In hindsight I really regret that I didn't ignore MJJ's post about their brilliant attack. Should have kept quiet until after all 3 rounds were done. That actually sucks, because I influenced this round way more than I should have :(.

But how did everyone totally forget checking the US leagues in the 70's/80's? They're hardly a well kept secret :lol:.
<3 <3 <3