Billy No Mates Draft

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Sorry @Joga Bonito, I'm not a trustworthy consultant unless you officially make me co-manager :D.
Gio and Balu as co-managers? That would be akin to cheating :lol:.

But how did everyone totally forget checking the US leagues in the 70's/80's? They're hardly a well kept secret :lol:.
Completely slipped our minds that (apart from the Müller blocks) and well it was a stress-free reinforcement round given that we were just about guaranteed to get our picks and we didn't bother thinking too much about others or playing the blocking game, despite giving it a moment's thought.

Last edited:

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Gio and Balu as co-managers? That would be akin to cheating :lol:.
We'd probably drive you crazy with different suggestions and you'd have to ignore us both ;). But I rather watch from the sideline anyway.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Just to make an implicit rule explicit, no double teaming of AM and main manager in the match threads.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Just to make an implicit rule explicit, no double teaming of AM and main manager in the match threads.
Probably also worth mentioning again that the semifinalists can't vote in the other game unless they've already lost their own semifinal.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
It was earlier the better for us Joga - any chance you can do Tuesday if not sooner?

At a push Invictus has said he can do Wednesday. I won't be around much but that's fine.
Monday's too soon for me and Tuesday is a bad day for Gio. Wednesday would be all right I guess but I reckon I won't be around much too.

Enigma_87

You know who
Na, they were lucky as well. From good sources I know that they considered blocking Pele so that MJJ/Enigma couldn't pick him. I didn't point it out to Joga until the round was done. Sadly it didn't happen, would have been a beauty as well :). Sorry @Joga Bonito, I'm not a trustworthy consultant unless you officially make me co-manager :D.

In hindsight I really regret that I didn't ignore MJJ's post about their brilliant attack. Should have kept quiet until after all 3 rounds were done. That actually sucks, because I influenced this round way more than I should have :(.

But how did everyone totally forget checking the US leagues in the 70's/80's? They're hardly a well kept secret :lol:.
Best would be a free pick as well after that Pele round if you haven't mentioned it :D.

With that cosmos blunder we would have Best/Pele/Cruyff/Figo up front.

But since we couldn't have both Gerson and Beckenbauer in midfield we had to take Keane to balance it out. Still I think having Keane/Effenberg midfield with Cruyff/Pele is a huge upgrade.

The stupid part is that I recall one episode of Football Greatests when Pele was saying that they've been playing as rivals throughout their whole career to be reunited at last at Cosmos. But didn't come to my mind up until the point you mentioned it :D.

Marty1968

What are the chances of getting the second semi-final and final completed before the weekend? I can then start up the next one over the weekend ready to go next week. ...

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Theon and me are both swamped today - and probably through the entire week. Be as it it may, don't wanna keep folk waiting for too long.. Hmm, could we maybe push the date back by a day? Will try to move things around on the schedule, and create a bit of time.

@Theon
@Joga Bonito
@Gio
I'm happy for it to go ahead tomorrow if it suits better.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Theon and me are both swamped today - and probably through the entire week. Be as it it may, don't wanna keep folk waiting for too long.. Hmm, could we maybe push the date back by a day? Will try to move things around on the schedule, and create a bit of time.

@Theon
@Joga Bonito
@Gio
Yeah sure, tomorrow it is then.

Marty1968

Will get the OP finalised today/tomorrow and get it up on the other thread so we can discuss and make any tweaks if needed.

BTW I'll be out of action for 3 weeks in April so may need some assistance in getting matches all set up once the next draft gets started....will more than likely need to either have an AM or be one myself for someone else for when I'm not about.....in the miraculous event that I'm still in by then of course.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
The Greatest Reinforcements Pool of All-Time:

2. Sjor Bepo/Viva - 1. Messi 2. Keane 3. Charlton 4. D.Santos 5. Schnellinger 6. Hansen 7. Makelele 8. Sivori 9. Schwarzenbeck 10. Elkjaer 11. Southall 12. Luis Enrique

4. mazhar13 - 1. Beckenbauer 2. N.Santos 3. Desailly 4. Conti 5. Gullit 6. Rivera 7. Förster 8. Alonso 9. Del Piero 10. Kocsis 11. Schmeichel 12. S. Campbell

7. The Stain - 1. Luis Ronaldo 2. Džajić 3. Kohler 4. Nedved 5. Robson 6. Scholes 7. O. Varela 8. Shesternyov 9. Dani Alves 10. Zamora 11. Alaba 12. Hidegkuti

9. Stobzilla - 1. Maldini 2. Moore 3. C.Alberto 4. M. Laudrup 5. Kubala 6. Hamrin 7. Blokhin 8. Didi 9. Domingos Da Guia 10. Popescu 11. van der Sar 12. Francescoli

10. RedTiger/Marty- 1. Puskas 2. Matthaus 3. Gentile 4. Matthews 5. R. Carlos 6. Neymar 7. Suurbier 8. Vieira 9. Sanchez 10. Ayala 11. Buffon 12. Preud'homme

11. diarm - 1. C. Ronaldo 2. Zidane 3. Ronaldinho 4. Batistuta 5. Santamaria 6. Bergomi 7. Koeman 8. Ocwirk 9. Voronin 10. De Vecchi 11. Kahn 12. Janes

12. Gio - 1. Zico 2. Facchetti 3. Nesta 4. Bozsik 5. Iniesta 6. Souness 7. Andrade 8. Chumpitaz 9. Greaves 10. Finney 11. Shilton 12. Sarosi

14. EAP/Pat/Skizzo - 1. Figueroa 2. Rijkaard 3. van Hanegem 4. Brehme 5. Cafu 6. Baggio 7. McGrath 8. Yashin 9. Kopa 10. Eto'o 11. Pirri 12. Robben

3. harms - 1. Pelé 2. P. Falcão 3. Rummenigge 4. Ferdinand 5. Lahm 6. Netzer 7. Bossis 8. Vierchowod 9. Busquets 10. Rensenbrink 11. Hellström 12. Streltsov

6. Physiocrat - 1. Best 2. Neeskens 3. Luis Suarez M 4. Rivaldo 5. Vogts 6. Marzolini 7. Schweinsteiger 8. T. Silva 9. Carvalho 10. Vieri 11. Chilavert 12. Johnstone

8. Balu/crappy - 1. Eusébio 2. Scirea 3. Masopust 4. D. Edwards 5. Czibor 6. Lizarazu 7. Burgnich 8. Costacurta 9. Beckham 10. Banks 11. Seeler 12. Vidic

13. Aldo - 1. Garrincha 2. Romário 3. Rivelino 4. Zanetti 5. Xavi 6. Schuster 7. Cabrini 8. Tigana 9. Schulz 10. John Charles 11. Kempes 12. Mazurkiewicz

15. Enigma_87/MJJ - 1. Cruyff 2. Baresi 3. Figo 4. Henry 5. Amoros 6. Giggs 7. J. A. Camacho 8. Effenberg 9. Gerson 10. Ruggeri 11. T.Cerezo 12. Jennings

16. Invictus/Theon - 1. Platini 2. Van Basten 3. Sammer 4. Redondo 5. Gento 6. Cannavaro. 7. Briegel 8. Stam 9. Meazza 10. Neuer 11. Jorginho 12. Cash Cole

@Gio @Joga Bonito @Tuppet

One reinforcement this round. Picks are lamb style again. Please PM your pick to me. You have 24hrs.

Marty1968

Good work Gio, Joga and Tuppet in getting to the final.

Just putting the OP for the next one onto the Next Draft Thread...any comments welcome.