Bioshock: Infinite

Ainu

I've just played the first 10 minutes or so and the moment you enter the City through the first gate is jaw dropping. The game world is simply stunning.

mufcwarm92

I need to stop looking at this thread or another 40 quid is down the shitter. Looks brilliant but I really need to save money. Finishing Infamous 2 from my PS Plus at the moment but it doesn't quite have the same appeal.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
I'm about 5 hours in and loving it so far. Deffo play it on hard though, I had to switch to normal as it was very easy.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Disappointed to hear the console version disappoints a bit in the graphics department.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
So excited to play this, played the first two...one was much better, the world and story line was amazing...got our limited edition off amazon and it arrived today, well worth it

vanthaman

Winner
Do you need to have played the 2nd one? I have it but never got round to actually playing it

Xander45

Know-It-All Champion May 2009
Do you need to have played the 2nd one? I have it but never got round to actually playing it
Nah, doesn't seem you have to have played either of them as so far there's been no direct call back to what happened in Rapture. Obviously several nods towards the games, starting at a lighthouse, wrenches lying around, plasmids/vigors, eutopia built on an ideal etc

But nothing that wouldn't make sense to someone who hasn't played the other games.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Mine arrived today. Waiting for work to end now.

Xander45

Know-It-All Champion May 2009
It's bloody brilliant in my opinion. There's no need to go to a unit to change your plasmids/vigors now you can do it on the fly, but you can only carry 2 weapons at one time. Which actually makes more sense than how they had it in the first 2. You were a walking armory, but could only choose from the superpowers you've already injected into yourself when you went to a machine?

Just a little taster of a couple of tracks from it that made me chuckle, one very, very, minor visual spoiler in the second vid so spoilered incase of a very sensitive soul.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
So I've just gone to load this up and my PS3 says 'The file system on the system storage is corrupted and will be restored'. Seems I have to reformat which means I lose everything on my PS3. Wonderful.

Googling this it seems it won't even be that simple. I expect more problems afterwards. fecks sake.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Ok that was actually really quick but I've lost every bit of saved data I ever had on my PS3. Quite annoying.

Zen

Know the feeling Sol. Tough times indeed.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I'm now expecting to play hours of this tonight, turn on my ps3 tomorrow and find that it's erased it or something knowing my luck. Might save it to a usb or something. Anyway, starting now while wondering to myself if I actually played Bioshock 2 as I thought I had but I can only see the original Bioshock in my games collection.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I love games set in the sort of 1910s to 1940s. That old music playing in the background really adds to the atmosphere. Reminds me of Fallout 3.

Levo

Band of Brothers
Will have to re-start with your FIFA pro as well.

Commiserations.

vanthaman

Winner
I love games set in the sort of 1910s to 1940s. That old music playing in the background really adds to the atmosphere. Reminds me of Fallout 3.
Same here, the music in Fallout 3 was brilliant, I keep hearing the songs on adverts now, couldn't get into New Vegas for some reason though even though I put hundreds of hours into fallout 3

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Fallout 3 is my all time fav soundtrack. Singing along whilst shooting the shite out of things was superb.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Haha the barbershop quartet.

They're signing a song written in the 60s though :lol:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Is it a big open city? If so is there loads to do in it?

I hope the answer is no to both of these so I'm less tempted to buy it.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Only managed to briefly play it up to the point of actually stepping foot into the city. Not a bad intro, but they really tried a Rapture entrance all over again! :lol:

It didn't quite work this time though, too samey. At least the PC version includes a Fov setting.

Ainu

I'm a bit further into it now and while it's very enjoyable, it lacks something compared to Bioshock. The introduction of the Vigors feels a bit random, as opposed to the Plasmids that made sense in Rapture. The fighting is less varied, there seem to be less gameplay elements and the enemies just aren't as convincing as Bioshock's splicers.

This may all sound a bit negative, but I'm still enjoying it. I guess more than anything it just reminds me of what a landmark game the original Bioshock was.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
He's praising the PC version for having added an FoV slider and not just being a shoddy port, not slamming the console versions.
Yep. Not sure what his point was anyway, I'm as much a console as a PC gamer! :lol:

Literally, the blasts of the trumpet before your ascension were probably a fantastic and subtle reference.

The opening scenes really reminded me of the film 'Red State'
Yeah, it was like a mash-up. There were far too many references to the rapture entrance to make it a cool nod, it was basically a carbon copy! Still, that's not really a complaint because let's face it, who wouldn't want to relive that over again :drool:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
You bunch of dicks, looks like I'm gonna have to buy two games (Bioshock 1 and this).

I'm not though, because I've got loads of uni work to do, which makes it even worse

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I've just realised who Booker sounds like. Joel McHale.