Bissouma at Spurs

cyberman

Leaves Spurs very thin in midfield now. Do they even have rotation options?

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Leaves Spurs very thin in midfield now. Do they even have rotation options?
Not really anyone serviceable, just 2 kids in Skipp and Sarr.

Skipp is just another DM like Bissouma, Hojbjerg. Dont know anything about Sarr.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Back to what he was like at Brighton originally to be honest. Taken it to another level though.

Ole'sgunnarwin

Best midfield performance I've seen in a long time. It was crazy that he wasn't starting last season.

Dr Foo

Definitely looks like what we need. Physicality and passing ability, solid core together with Sarr for Spurs - we could do with a semblance of that to aid our pressing game..

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Definitely looks like what we need. Physicality and passing ability, solid core together with Sarr for Spurs - we could do with a semblance of that to aid our pressing game..
His passing could be a little iffy while he was at Brighton, but he looks far more comfortable in that aspect now.

He reminds me a lot of Dembele at Spurs, the same ability to carry the ball through the press, good consistent passing, and defensively aware.

jesperjaap

Top 5 of the best dm in the premiership, when yo look at what some midfielders have cost recently, SPrs got a bargain. Coldnt understand why he wasnt playing last season.

Dont get people saying its a big turnaround, its isnt, he is simply palying againn. He was excellent at Brighton and always thogth personally he is actually better than Caicedo

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Pure class today...

ti vu

Closest to FdJ in term of press resistant. Feels like with him being PL proven, and actually a DM, we could have taken our chances. Shame we're too much an Image FC to actually make some controversial decision for football reason.

Last season was strange from him at Spurs, but it's not surprising he's playing how he is right now. He's not a hype job. He has all this tools like this at Brighton.

Abraxas

Wouldn't get too carried away just yet. Good for Brighton, no impact last season, good start to this season. I don't think that's a trajectory worthy of all the accolades. Becoming a top player is about consistency. If he makes it through a whole season of performances it starts to look more compelling. Seems like players go up and down these days based on relatively small periods of form.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Wouldn't get too carried away just yet. Good for Brighton, no impact last season, good start to this season. I don't think that's a trajectory worthy of all the accolades. Becoming a top player is about consistency. If he makes it through a whole season of performances it starts to look more compelling. Seems like players go up and down these days based on relatively small periods of form.
His idiot manager last season didn’t play him. He is a better player than Caicedo

Abraxas

His idiot manager last season didn’t play him. He is a better player than Caicedo
Maybe but doesn't make him a top player necessarily. Caicedo isn't one either, he is a very promising player that went for an extraordinary amount of money but a price tag doesn't necessarily equate to quality.

Surely we want to see some top seasons from both players for big clubs to state that.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Still don’t think he’s that good but his mobility and general comfort and natural ease on the ball under pressure alone is a big strength. Profile wise exactly what we’ve been missing forever.

BarryWinks

Gotta give @Rozay his flowers in this one. Very obvious signing we could/should have made two summers ago when he was on the cheap, but whatever...Our club's hierarchy knows best.

Andy_Cole

Gotta give @Rozay his flowers in this one. Very obvious signing we could/should have made two summers ago when he was on the cheap, but whatever...Our club's hierarchy knows best.
Hasn’t he got a rape charge. Everything at United gets highlighted. See Antony. This would’ve been a disaster of a signing because of that.

Last edited:

Zlatans Knee

Hasn’t he got a rape charge. Everything at United gets highlighted. See Antony. This would’ve been a disaster if a signing because of that.
Plus we would have found a way to make him forget how to play football. No one improves (nevermind stays at the same level) when they come to our club. Apart from Bruno. Possibly.

BarryWinks

Hasn’t he got a rape charge. Everything at United gets highlighted. See Antony. This would’ve been a disaster if a signing because of that.
..which has now been dropped. I didn't even think he was charged, could have been around Antony's territory. Did not stop Spurs signing him and iirc he didn't miss games with them as a result.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Maybe but doesn't make him a top player necessarily. Caicedo isn't one either, he is a very promising player that went for an extraordinary amount of money but a price tag doesn't necessarily equate to quality.

Surely we want to see some top seasons from both players for big clubs to state that.
Hes a very good player. Of course you want to see how he would handle being at a big club, but he isnt at one yet

Andy_Cole

Quality control
..which has now been dropped. I didn't even think he was charged, could have been around Antony's territory. Did not stop Spurs signing him and iirc he didn't miss games with them as a result.
Would’ve missed half a season at united with Rachel Riley our CEO.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Said last summer that I think he’s a better player than Tchouameni when both were on the market and I stand by that. Bissouma for £25m was an incredible open goal for any team. Early last summer I had dreams of a Bissouma/De Jong partnership.

RVN1991

If Bentancur gets back to the form he had before his injury (Big if) that Spurs midfield suddenly looks top class.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Chance has gone with Bissouma, he’s already mid-twenties on a long deal so for anything of his prime years, Levy will take anyone to the cleaners.

That said, we have been granted something of a second chance with Mainoo, who is a talent of an almost identical profile and can be just as good.

Taribo's Gap

I forgot where it was, but there was a random interview where Declan Rice named him in his Top 5 hardest premier league midfielders to play against, even over his boy Mason Mount (the interviewer explicitly asked about this exclusion).

If he continues on like this, it looks like this opinion will become more widespread.