Bissouma at Spurs

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Good player but not elite level.
Pretty much this, will just play in rotation with Hojbjerg and Bentancur as they are all very similar. He's a solid player and great athlete which Conte will like, outside that, not much to his game. But with all the games Spurs will have to play there will need to be players rested and rotated in that midfield 2.

He's certainly not going to carry the ball forward into dangerous areas like Dembele did for them. Or have the vision and passing range of a Modric.

arthurka

Pretty much this, will just play in rotation with Hojbjerg and Bentancur as they are all very similar. He's a solid player and great athlete which Conte will like, outside that, not much to his game. But with all the games Spurs will have to play there will need to be players rested and rotated in that midfield 2.

He's certainly not going to carry the ball forward into dangerous areas like Dembele did for them. Or have the vision and passing range of a Modric.
He isn´t anywhere near the level of those two you mentioned, but he is athletic, good on the ball and has a certain drive about him. Very good player but not top class.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
How has he been?

Playing as highly as he was rated by football fans?
He got covid during pre-season so is behind the rest of the squad in terms of his fitness and coaching. He hasn't yet really had a proper run in the side yet to judge him but we all know he is a very good player.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Yeah, same here. Was the weak link in their possession game throughout.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He’s physical, quick, and has very nimble feet under pressure, but his range of pass is very poor. Passing stats were rubbish at Brighton and even worse under a very restrictive Conte team.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
An example of how a manager can make an average player look like an excellent player. Under Potter at Brighton, he was class, then they replaced him with that Ecuadorian guy who also looked class the few games under Potter. Will they be class without Potter, or are they just average players?

flappyjay

Was jealous when they got him, he could still work out for them but don't care much we got Casemiro.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
An example of how a manager can make an average player look like an excellent player. Under Potter at Brighton, he was class, then they replaced him with that Ecuadorian guy who also looked class the few games under Potter. Will they be class without Potter, or are they just average players?
The Ecuadorian was shining before arriving in England and has been shining after the departure of Potter. Under De Zerbi he's been given even more responsibility in midfield and has been playing really well.

The problem with Bissouma is that he isn't a progressive passer and tends to keep it basic by playing side ways and backward passes. Which wouldn't be a problem if he was paired with players other than Bentacur and Hojberg.

Idxomer

I rated him at Brighton and he could still turn out decent for Spurs but I did get the feeling he could be another Schneiderlin.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I thought we should’ve gone for him at one point but feck me the difference between him and Casemiro is night and day.

Red00012

I thought we should’ve gone for him at one point but feck me the difference between him and Casemiro is night and day.
It’s a bit harsh to be comparing him with Casemiro to be fair.

cyberman

Yeah, it’s who we needed v who we thought we needed.
In another universe we sign him and that lad who went to Villa (who isn’t playing well himself) and we blame Ten Hag for not getting the team to play well because we signed these fantastic, can’t miss players who certain fans built up in their heads

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Yeah, it’s who we needed v who we thought we needed.
In another universe we sign him and that lad who went to Villa (who isn’t playing well himself) and we blame Ten Hag for not getting the team to play well because we signed these fantastic, can’t miss players who certain fans built up in their heads
Yeah people were wondering why we didn’t pick up Bissouma for cheap or Kamara for a free but shows how much we know and how often it’s a lot more complicated behind the scenes and they’ve got their eye on more attainable bigger fish.

GoonerInPeace

Supports
Arsenal
Bissouma was a player Gary Neville cited as extreme quality and couldnt understand why Arsenal never made a bid.

Oh Nev

Buckie

Supports
Arsenal
It’s a bit harsh to be comparing him with Casemiro to be fair.
Casemiro is definitely a different level of quality.

Bissouma can definitely add something to a squad but you need to surround him with the right players to play to his strengths and hide his weaknesses.

You would think he would flourish with Spurs since they set up so defensively.

Skills

Snitch
The Ecuadorian was shining before arriving in England and has been shining after the departure of Potter. Under De Zerbi he's been given even more responsibility in midfield and has been playing really well.

The problem with Bissouma is that he isn't a progressive passer and tends to keep it basic by playing side ways and backward passes. Which wouldn't be a problem if he was paired with players other than Bentacur and Hojberg.
It would always be a problem. Remember we are in an era of football, where people believe a GK's passing ability can be a massive hinderance.

mu4c_20le

I rated him at Brighton and he could still turn out decent for Spurs but I did get the feeling he could be another Schneiderlin.
Does a job albeit a simple one. Personally I think Onana does everything better

Adnan

Talent Spotter
It would always be a problem. Remember we are in an era of football, where people believe a GK's passing ability can be a massive hinderance.
A goalkeeper is the first point of attack for certain managers, so the keeper is without doubt more important in the build up phase for those managers. A midfield is built on the total sum of it's parts and the balance and total composition within that midfield is important. Potter at Brighton made it work because his midfield was balanced which allowed Bissouma to get away with his limited passing ability and showcase his defensive ability in larger spaces within Potter's proactive way of setting up the team.

Abraxas

Him and Hojberg were absolutely abysmal tonight. Folded like a pack of cards under any pressure. Bentancur was serviceable.

Chief123

A midfield of Hojberg, Bissouma and Bentacur has as much creativity in it as a broken paint brush. Such a dead combo.

BarryWinks

Brighton made him look better than he really is. I suspect this to be the case for most players who play in structured attacking teams. Very good in systems, but put them in the wild and they are they become the proverbial deer in a headlight.

Makes me worried about spending big on Brighton Players - or manager.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Really wish we had signed him and pushed El Neny down the pecking order, but he hasn't been up to much at all.

Nero

The number of hyped central midfielders who end up bang average is getting ridiculous.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Brighton made him look better than he really is. I suspect this to be the case for most players who play in structured attacking teams. Very good in systems, but put them in the wild and they are they become the proverbial deer in a headlight.

Makes me worried about spending big on Brighton Players - or manager.
VDB comes to mind.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Maybe a warning for whoever goes for Caicedo and Mac Allister …
Not really, because it was known about Bissouma being limited on the ball when he was at Brighton. Caicedo and Mac Allister on the other hand, are much better on the ball and can actually progress play at a much higher level.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
The number of hyped central midfielders who end up bang average is getting ridiculous.
I think it’s because we’ve typically been allergic to signing any. Every one looks sensational compared to what we’ve had up until this season.