Film Black Panther : Wakanda Forever

Hamnat

I just got back and I would say it was excellent. It had some of the best acting in marvel films. It was serious and emotional. They had a lot of things to answer in terms of what is Wakanda going to do now? They answered that very well throughout the movie. They continued the plots from the first on T'challa wanting to share with the world well and Wakandas place on the world stage.

I thought Namor was awesome the backstory the costumes, how they integrated him and his people in was pretty seamless.

The after credit scene was probably the most significant one story wise in a long time if not ever in the Marvel films. I thought the intro of Riri Williams here worked well, and set up her show.

It was one of the guesses many people had on how they could get over the recast Tchalla outcry. And Other than Multiverse Tchalla I think this was the best option having a son for the future.

Gavinb33

It's the best movie I've seen this year.

I thought the protagonist was the star he really brought Namor to life and was arguably one of the best marvel villains since Thanos to me.

Side note why can't people shut the feck up in the cinema for 2 hours like just be quiet enjoy the fecking movie, cretins! Rant over.

AaronRedDevil

Id give it a 6/10. Good acing from everyone. Lovely tribute to Chadwick. Too long, it felt like it dragged on for a while and I couldn't take the villian serious. Looked like an Indian a mystical fairy. That scene when he was the kid floating was hilarious. Thats supposed to scare somebody? :lol:. The mother brought her A game to this.
Honestly, I didn't like the Iron Man v2 thing. Kinda wish it was his daughter. Also wish BP went to Kilmonger, they could have easily sold it.

Swedish_Plumber

Id give it a 6/10. Good acing from everyone. Lovely tribute to Chadwick. Too long, it felt like it dragged on for a while and I couldn't take the villian serious. Looked like an Indian a mystical fairy. That scene when he was the kid floating was hilarious. Thats supposed to scare somebody? :lol:. The mother brought her A game to this.
Honestly, I didn't like the Iron Man v2 thing. Kinda wish it was his daughter. Also wish BP went to Kilmonger, they could have easily sold it.
He’s got so much charisma it would’ve been brilliant. His scene was unexpected and one of the best.
Agreed also with the iron heart comment. Don’t think they’ve casted any of their young avengers very well. Aside from maybe Kate Bishop

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
He’s got so much charisma it would’ve been brilliant. His scene was unexpected and one of the best.
Agreed also with the iron heart comment. Don’t think they’ve casted any of their young avengers very well. Aside from maybe Kate Bishop
Yelena?

I left the cinema feeling rather disappointed. I lacked nerve and emotions throughout the movie, oddly enough considering the premise. I didn't buy into Namor at all, felt the acting was lacking a lot. And the Iron Heart suit looked shite. Maybe I was thrown off by a few very talkative teens that wouldn't shut the feck up despite being shushed.

I've been missing some "stake" and heart in the MCU for a few movies after Endgame now. I enjoyed Shang-Chi and Spider-Man Far From Home a lot. Some of the TV series have been pretty good and Doctor Strange Madness of the Multiverse was ok. But I need and want more. I see them branching out to a wider audience but they may end up losing the OG audience in doing so which is sad.

AaronRedDevil

Especially since he didnt even let Zemo kill himself in Civil war and could have done the same here with Kilmonger. Such a big missed opportunity. Could have been a good redemption story. Shuri did her role well but shes too damn skinny in that suit. she's more like Q from bond. Would have preffered it to be the other one, Lupita Nyong'o. She was the fighter. Agreed. As far as almost everyone concerned so far, Endgame was the finale of Marvel. Apart from Loki. Its all been very meh.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Fantastic movie, I cried at least 5x. Especially at the end I was a lip quivering mess.
Excellent stuff.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I'm amazed reading this thread and seeing people's positive reaction to it. Although I guess it helps me understand why Marvel tripe is so commercially successful.

edgecutter

I'm amazed reading this thread and seeing people's positive reaction to it. Although I guess it helps me understand why Marvel tripe is so commercially successful.
There was posters here who actually liked the mess that was netflix resident evil. I take people's critiques with a pinch of salt on the cafe

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
There was posters here who actually liked the mess that was netflix resident evil. I take people's critiques with a pinch of salt on the cafe
Vast majority of responses have been positive this far. It's not just a caf thing.

Swedish_Plumber

Especially since he didnt even let Zemo kill himself in Civil war and could have done the same here with Kilmonger. Such a big missed opportunity. Could have been a good redemption story. Shuri did her role well but shes too damn skinny in that suit. she's more like Q from bond. Would have preffered it to be the other one, Lupita Nyong'o. She was the fighter. Agreed. As far as almost everyone concerned so far, Endgame was the finale of Marvel. Apart from Loki. Its all been very meh.
They have a terrible habit of killing off the good bad guys. And even in Zemo, they don’t appear to be using him in his film Thunderbolts!
Thankfully Namor was spared but he wasn’t quite the level of Kilmonger. They do miss Chadwick and the film is a sad reminder of how talented and perfect he was as BP.

AaronRedDevil

Vast majority of responses have been positive this far. It's not just a caf thing.
To be fair. Most would be afraid to critique this movie anywhere else. “If you hate this movie you’re a racist etc”. Especially its seemed to be more than a simple marvel movie. And how important it is to after the passing of Chadwick.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
To be fair. Most would be afraid to critique this movie anywhere else. “If you hate this movie you’re a racist etc”. Especially its seemed to be more than a simple marvel movie. And how important it is to after the passing of Chadwick.
Just not a thing though is it?

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Yeah I think it's a bit of an extreme comment, but I do think especially the first one was rated more due to its social relevance (which I can totally get), and not on its merits as a film. This one, I'd say there's more of the Boseman nostalgia playing.

Both are really mediocre films, this one is a bit better than the other films of the current Marvel films, but I just can't get the "best film I've seen this year" or "cried multiple times" comments. But to each their own, glad some people enjoyed it.

pascell

Not liking the movie has nothing to do with racism, it's just an opinion, you take the film at face value and you either like it, or you don't.

Zippy20

Supports
Hertha BSC
Can't be the "best film of the year" as even The Woman King was better than this and that, even though not historically accurate, was basically real life Black Panther.

Bobski

Started well (with the type of genuine heartfelt scene so sadly missing from Marvel films), ended ok, very poor middle. Angela Basset is awesome as ever.

My Niece loved it, she drags me to all these Marvel films and shows.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Really enjoyed it. Namor’s introduction into MCU was well done, I thought they captured his anti-hero character from the comics really well in the film. Liked Riri too.

Really didn’t like Shuri as Black Panther. She doesn’t have the charisma or presence to pull off that character. Shame Killmonger was just a cameo.

decorativeed

From reading RedCafe threads on TV and film for many years, I've come to the conclusion that either most people are joyless sods, or I have really low standards! I'm fine with either.

Ekeke

Enjoyed this much more than I expected. They really have a great cast and I would say it was exactly as good as the first one.

Sylar

Really enjoyed it. The soundtrack is great btw.

I can see that some people will think that its long. I think given the villains introduction, it made sense given it gave some back story to it. I think its been one of the better villains in a long time. The motivations were clear and made sense as to what he was doing and why he was doing it.
Also I thought the way they handled BP death was great. Really well done.
I also didnt mind
Shuri as BP for this movie. I think the way it was done and the story told makes sense. Obviously theres a difference in charm and charisma compared to T'challa. The end credit scene made sense though pushing forward.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
It was pretty decent. Most of my mates said it was 10/10 so I went in expecting to be wowed. It was good, but nowhere near 10/10. Just decent. I'm actually going back to watch it again in a week, so I might appreciate it more on second viewing.

Adamsk7

Second viewing tonight with my Mrs. Looking forward to it more than I thought so maybe I’ll come out with a higher rating

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Really enjoyed it. The soundtrack is great btw.

I can see that some people will think that its long. I think given the villains introduction, it made sense given it gave some back story to it. I think its been one of the better villains in a long time. The motivations were clear and made sense as to what he was doing and why he was doing it.
Also I thought the way they handled BP death was great. Really well done.
I also didnt mind
Shuri as BP for this movie. I think the way it was done and the story told makes sense. Obviously theres a difference in charm and charisma compared to T'challa. The end credit scene made sense though pushing forward.
Think Namor might be my favourite character in the MCU currently, let alone villain. Can't wait to see him take the piss.

Sylar

Think Namor might be my favourite character in the MCU currently, let alone villain. Can't wait to see him take the piss.
I can see why. He's a bit more serious and fleshed out.

Also with regards to the movie it went back to previous phase movies where there wasn't a joke a minute. There was some humour for sure "bald headed demon" was my fav one. But nothing like Thor

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I'm a Marvel fan, pretty much enjoy everything they put out... Even enjoyed Love and Thunder for what it is.

But... I hated this. I was trying to like it, I was giving it passes, but yeah, it's pretty terrible.

Great soundtrack though.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Maybe hate is a strong word, but I definitely didn't like it, to elaborate:

• The storyline just didn't work for me, the whole confrontation of this film could have been avoided by having a decent conversation. At the end of the film Namor talks about how Wakanda is an ally now who will defend them should they need, and they can go help them when the surface world attacks... why exactly couldn't they recognise this before they start killing each other? I guess you can say it's 'cos he's scared of the Black Panther, but he didn't seem all that scared...
  • Also why was he so insistent on killing the girl? If he lets Shuri take her back to Wakanada and keep her there isn't that job done? they don't need to dig for Vibranium, and if someone starts doing so they'll know about it. In fact, why don't they just keep going and destroying any vibranium machines that keep popping up.
  • Finally on his motivations - so he wants to kill the girl, but he wants to also take on the WHOLE planet? (so again he doesn't exactly have to kill her now) The best way to keep his people safe and secret is a war with the whole world (Superhero's and all...). This would be fine if he was a madman, but he's obviously not portrayed like that at all (thought Huerta's peformance was very good). Also of course he decides to share this plan/attempt to blackmail Shuri after taking her to their super secret location...
  • The end of the confrontation also didn't work for me. (was the flames coming out of some sort of engine to burn his back seeded at any point? felt like it came out of nowhere) - The whole thing started because Shuri wouldn't accept Namor's blackmail/threat to join - and it ended by Shuri "showing her true self" .... by doing the same thing to him (Be partners or die). Surely it would thematically have made more sense to show compassion first and and offer to become partners.
  • The student/next iron man (red power ranger...) was terrible. Poor actress, poor character, looked shit. Also those blue warrior outfits also looked shit.
  • Also the whole Martin Freeman stuff felt incredibly tacked on... almost like they had him and needed to do something with him, but you could have removed all that stuff from the film and nothing really changes much
There was some good stuff, all the Boseman stuff was well handled, I enjoyed the characters and the performances, the MBJ cameo was great and I did get a kick out of them blaming those bloody French! But yeah, between the poor story beats, the rough pacing and fairly forgettable action bar one or two moments... yeah, a big disappointment

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
I loved the movie, here are my pluses and minus.

Wakanda Forever:
+ Beautiful tribute to Chadwick that made me cry
+ Great acting from everyone
+ Choice of music in most scenes was spot on
+ Thrilling action scenes

- A little too long

One thing that annoyed me was the way everyone said Namor, he said it one way when introducing himself and then everyone else said it a different way, as though they had never heard him say it and exclusively read it from a script. They really should have said it the way he did.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Maybe hate is a strong word, but I definitely didn't like it, to elaborate:

• The storyline just didn't work for me, the whole confrontation of this film could have been avoided by having a decent conversation. At the end of the film Namor talks about how Wakanda is an ally now who will defend them should they need, and they can go help them when the surface world attacks... why exactly couldn't they recognise this before they start killing each other? I guess you can say it's 'cos he's scared of the Black Panther, but he didn't seem all that scared...
  • Most confrontations in most films, especially action films can be dealt with, with a decent conversation. His motivations are that he'll defend his people no matter the cost. Going unoticed and operating in secret has served them well up until now so why should they change?
  • Also why was he so insistent on killing the girl? If he lets Shuri take her back to Wakanada and keep her there isn't that job done? they don't need to dig for Vibranium, and if someone starts doing so they'll know about it. In fact, why don't they just keep going and destroying any vibranium machines that keep popping up.
  • Why would they keep going for machines when they could just kill the person who made said machine and be done with it? Surely that's a lot easier and has less risk then constantly going to the surface and destroying machines? And how/why would Riri just go to wakanda and stay no questions asked?
  • Finally on his motivations - so he wants to kill the girl, but he wants to also take on the WHOLE planet? (so again he doesn't exactly have to kill her now) The best way to keep his people safe and secret is a war with the whole world (Superhero's and all...). This would be fine if he was a madman, but he's obviously not portrayed like that at all (thought Huerta's peformance was very good). Also of course he decides to share this plan/attempt to blackmail Shuri after taking her to their super secret location...
  • Well he kidnapped shuri to use as a bargaining chip for Riri. It's not farfetched.
  • The end of the confrontation also didn't work for me. (was the flames coming out of some sort of engine to burn his back seeded at any point? felt like it came out of nowhere) - The whole thing started because Shuri wouldn't accept Namor's blackmail/threat to join - and it ended by Shuri "showing her true self" .... by doing the same thing to him (Be partners or die). Surely it would thematically have made more sense to show compassion first and and offer to become partners
  • Shuris entire story was her being consumed by vergence (a call back to the first film too), and wanting to burn the world down and in that moment letting the vergence and anger go. It would literally make no sense for her to randomly show compassion on a whim at that point.
  • The student/next iron man (red power ranger...) was terrible. Poor actress, poor character, looked shit. Also those blue warrior outfits also looked shit.
  • Also the whole Martin Freeman stuff felt incredibly tacked on... almost like they had him and needed to do something with him, but you could have removed all that stuff from the film and nothing really changes much
There was some good stuff, all the Boseman stuff was well handled, I enjoyed the characters and the performances, the MBJ cameo was great and I did get a kick out of them blaming those bloody French! But yeah, between the poor story beats, the rough pacing and fairly forgettable action bar one or two moments... yeah, a big disappointment

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
It just too fecking long. I was desperate to leave the cinema by the end. It’s ok but there were a lot of stupid plot points, and Riri Williams just flat out sucked.

Last edited:

RedDevilRoshi

Decent but nowhere near as good as the original. The Boseman tribute at the start was very nicely done.

Bobski

All the marvel products are suffering from audience burnout, and probably creative burnout at this point.

The original Black Panther was very impactful culturally, this has passed with barely a wave, as far as I can tell.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
All the marvel products are suffering from audience burnout, and probably creative burnout at this point.

The original Black Panther was very impactful culturally, this has passed with barely a wave, as far as I can tell.
I feel the same way. They really didn't give audiences a chance to breathe after Endgame, just immediately into the next thing. Tony is gone, no time to waste, eat the next course.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
The film sucked. Just came out of the cinema, it all felt so slow and pointless. And dark, why was it so dark for the first half? Maybe they fecked up the projector in our cinema.

dinostar77

Just finished watching it. Thought it was very average to poor. 5 out of 10.