Film Black Panther : Wakanda Forever

Sylar

Fantastic looking trailer. Looks like it will be a serious movie which is great.
I think it makes sense what they will do with black panther

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Does it confirm who the next black panther is or does it confirm a certain character puts on the suit? It's the later, still have hope :drool:

Hamnat

Second trailer looks very good as well. Namor is looking sweet. The glimpse of Ironheart suited up and in action. BP full suit reveal expected and storywise I don't mind it.

I hope if it is indeed Shuri as expected it is only temporary like the comics. I still say her character works better not as BP even in the comics I think that. She got more interesting after her stint as BP as they explored other paths with her character. They should do the same here and recast Tchalla eventually.

Adamsk7

I think Nakia will be pregnant and they will name the son T’Challa like his father. There was also a rumour there will be multiple Black Panthers so maybe we can see that and the wider development of Wakanda until T’Challa Jr comes of age.

I don’t see them recasting and I don’t like the idea of of Killmonger or a multiverse version of T’Challa either. This keeps it clean at least although granted, we’ll have a good 15 or so years until we can have the character on screen again as intended.

What if Nakia was pregnant during infinity war? The five year gap would help us close the time frame a bit. In fact, have we seen her at all since the original Black Panther? There we go - the kid could be like 7-8 already.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
The first one was decent. Not much more than that. I’ll not bother going to the cinema to see this after how shite phase 4 has been, but will watch when it eventually pops up on streaming. That is, Unless my 7 year old daughter really wants to go and see it, because the appeal here isn’t just the quality of the content. It’s what it stands for. On the content side of the debate, having you know who end up as BP would be a massive turn off for me, given her public stances on many issues. Enough for me to not want to go and see it.

That said, these films are more than just standard marvel films. They are a cultural touch point for a whole race of under represented people. My daughter is a massive marvel fan and while she didn’t think the original was a particularly good movie, nor does it rank amongst her favourite marvel movies, as a half black child she takes a lot of pride in seeing both sides of her heritage being represented in her favourite film franchise. And as her father, seeing her able to enjoy that is really huge. The power of messaging, and how certain ethnicities are represented in movies, is largely lost on white people. It was also largely lost on me until I had a mixed race child.

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
I think Nakia will be pregnant and they will name the son T’Challa like his father. There was also a rumour there will be multiple Black Panthers so maybe we can see that and the wider development of Wakanda until T’Challa Jr comes of age.

I don’t see them recasting and I don’t like the idea of of Killmonger or a multiverse version of T’Challa either. This keeps it clean at least although granted, we’ll have a good 15 or so years until we can have the character on screen again as intended.

What if Nakia was pregnant during infinity war? The five year gap would help us close the time frame a bit. In fact, have we seen her at all since the original Black Panther? There we go - the kid could be like 7-8 already.
Its fecking stupid that there isnt. Its a magical bullshit herb that anyone can take and they have enough material to make as many suits as they want. So why only one??? An army of Black Panthers would sure have come in handy when Thanos was attacking them...

Adamsk7

Its fecking stupid that there isnt. Its a magical bullshit herb that anyone can take and they have enough material to make as many suits as they want. So why only one??? An army of Black Panthers would sure have come in handy when Thanos was attacking them...
Well we don’t know that’s the case - could be bloodline related as only people from that same lineage have taken the herb so far. If it’s not that, it’s almost a religious thing then, them thinking it comes from the god Bast

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
Well we don’t know that’s the case - could be bloodline related as only people from that same lineage have taken the herb so far. If it’s not that, it’s almost a religious thing then, them thinking it comes from the god Bast
Even if you take away the magical bullshit herb, you still have the armour. The armour that can take various calibre of gun fire and show no signs of wear or even effect on the wearer. Having an army, even regular strength army, wearing those bad boys would make them invisible. Its basically a skin tight ironman suit.

As for the bloodline. The guy who challenged T'Challa at the start wasnt blood. Was he? So basically anyone can take the bullshit herb and become king as long as they beat the current king in combat. Which is fecking dumb in its own right. Here we have the most advanced civilisation on earth and they still choose leaders based on who has the biggest dick. At first it seems like its a royal family thing. Its a special thing for them and them alone, like wearing wearing a crown filled with gems stolen from around the world is the one thing the UK royal family gets to do. But no. This guy just claims the right to challenge and we are off to the races. Another magically bullshit herb takes away the black panther powers, they have a scrap, T'Challa wins, he takes the magical bullshit herb again and hes all good.

So since it would appear that anyone can take this herb, and that they have so much vibranium that its fuelled the Wakanda civilisation since the storage. The question still remains, why not have an army of black panthers? At the very least, why not through the shitty "Im royalty" tradition out of the window when Thanos came a knockin? They really should have thought a bit harder about Black Panther and his powers. Theres too many questions that come up around it.

Jericholyte2

Reports people are going to go to first screenings all in white in tone with what appears to be the funeral scene for T’Challa.

I’m awfully tempted, I don’t think there’s going to be a dry eye in the screening when that’s on.

Sylar

So people attached to the movies saying that not everything has been figured out or correctly figured out with regards to the black panther

Interesting thought

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
So people attached to the movies saying that not everything has been figured out or correctly figured out with regards to the black panther

Interesting thought
As I said earlier, only thing that's been confirmed is shuri puts on the suit, not that they're actually the next black panther. I'm still hoping for kilmonger :drool:

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
I have no doubt this will be a top film but I don't trust early reactions anymore.

Adamsk7

I think early reactions can be trusted in the sense that you need to bring whatever hype is said down by one level. If a movie is praised but you see some negativity within (ie, "it didn't quite stick the landing") then Id expect the movie to be good with some flaws where some will like it, some won't. This, however, is getting universal plaudits with virtually no issues other than it's a bit long. Many are saying it's Marvel's best movie and all are saying it's the best of Phase Four (not a huge amount for it to be up against though - Shang Chi and Spiderman were good). To me, I think that says this is gonna at least be a top 10 Marvel film. The biggest thing to take from the comments so far are that they all say it's a return to the Marvel style and that there are virtually no jokes after the half way point. My top criticism of Phase Four is that for all the good of trying new things, the identity was lost and it was too comedic.

Hamnat

Angela Basset getting a lot of acting praise. A lot of reviews regarding it being successfully emotional. Bought my IMAX tickets

Drifter

American
I'm liking what I am hearing, especially that Namor is a badass in this.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
With Steve Rogers retired I think Namor just became my favourite character.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
My two criticisms:

earlier scenes were stupidly dark, couldn't see a thing.

And feck shuri being black panther. Bring back kilmonger properly!

Adamsk7

Just seen it. undecided whether it’s my favourite film of phase four or not but it’s right up there with Shang-Chi and slightly better narratively than Spider-man.
It’s serious and slower paced than what we’ve been getting lately and that was a welcome change - back to the formula of say Winter Soldier with sparing jokes that pop because they are earned.

The soundtrack, costumes, cinematography and acting performances were all absolutely top notch. Stand outs for me were Angela Bassett, who was strong, raw and dare I say it a little bit sexy, and Tinoch Huerta, who absolutely shines as Namor (a character from the comics I’ve been waiting for - he does him justice and more).

Overall, I’ll give it a very high 7, like a 7.8. The few minor negatives for me were that there was a side plot that could have been written out completely, the movie felt it’s 2 and a half + hours at one point in the second act and of course, there’s that overwhelming feeling that something (Boseman) is missing but that’s hardly the films fault.

Not in my top tier but would have a chance of sneaking in to my top 10 perhaps on repeat viewing.