Film Black Panther : Wakanda Forever

Sylar

Yeah surprised were getting avengers films. Secret wars will be every mother fecker, but I wonder if kangs dynasty will be mainly young avengers?

I thought the first x men film would have an already established team and we'd avoid an origin story. But as Namor is the first mutant, and seems to be a young king rather cnut vet, makes me think he'll be the first mutant of this universe too (professor X from DSMOM was a different universe and dead). Which makes me think, we're gonna get another first class film :drool:
Ahem.... Ms marvel

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Honestly I think they made a big mistake not recasting T'Challa to be honest. They've now written themselves into a corner a bit.

Hamnat

Honestly I think they made a big mistake not recasting T'Challa to be honest. They've now written themselves into a corner a bit.
I don't mind them using Shuri in the suit in only this film maybe in the final battle until they get another solution. But, I prefer her stories after her small stint as BP. She is much better without the mantle in the comics.

Since we get our glimpse of Atlantis here, only big Earth locations left to see in MCU is Dr. Doom's Latveria, and I guess the Savage Land.

I think it's smart to use this storyline in particular setting up that antagonistic relationship with Wakanda and Atlantis. Can't wait to see Namor it looks like we will get him being arrogant and douchey. I just need one 'Imperious Rex' punch

Last edited:

Oldyella

Not sure they could win. Recast and it could have looked heartless. Assume its his sister who takes up the mantel, but Lupita Nyongos character would have been a better choice given her world view from first film re wanting to help everyone.

izzydiggler

I thought the first was hugely overrated but the trailer for this looks great.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Just got around to watching and that was awesome, the music was perfect and I’m very excited for the movie. Expect it’s going to be a very emotional one.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Probably didn't happen but how good would it be if Chadwick had filmed something in advance for this movie, possibly in the Ancestral Plane?

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
Having watched it a few more times, I don’t think it’s a coincidence that they show the Black Panther when Kendrick goes “when I wake up” - surely hinting at that being Killmonger?!
I think so.

The suit shown is basically his from Black Panther, black and gold with the long gold fingernails.
If it were Shuri I'd expect a different colour palette for Marvel to sell toys, in the comics her Black Panther costume is black with a purple cape. Also T'Challa's mum says 'I've lost my entire family' which hints that Shuri isn't around either otherwise it'd be a weird thing to say, and there's a shot of Shuri looking like she's in a different plane - maybe trying to get Killmonger back which would explain why they brought in Ironheart as the 'tech' person in Wakanda to fill that role during this movie as well as setting up Amor Wars. They needed T'Challas body to bring him back from the ancestral plane in BP1 and at the end of BP1 Killmonger requested to be buried in the ocean, so the massive ship going out into the sea might be an attempt to reclaim his body from Namor who would have it.

So while that makes sense to me, a con here is it feels a bit weird setting a precedent that if they have the power to bring people back from the dead that the Wakandans would choose Killmonger and not T'Challa. Obviously outside of the movies we know why, but that would be reason enough for me to avoid that plot line completely because it just doesn't make any sense why they'd choose him. I can't think of a conceivable way that a director can explain why in the movie the Wakandans decided to resurrect the murdering cousin who overthrew them and ruled tyrannically for a bit instead of the just and fair king they all love.

Last edited:

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I think so.

The suit shown is basically his from Black Panther, black and gold with the long gold fingernails.
If it were Shuri I'd expect a different colour palette for Marvel to sell toys, in the comics her Black Panther costume is black with a purple cape. Also T'Challa's mum says 'I've lost my entire family' which hints that Shuri isn't around either otherwise it'd be a weird thing to say, and there's a shot of Shuri looking like she's in a different plane - maybe trying to get Killmonger back which would explain why they brought in Ironheart as the 'tech' person in Wakanda to fill that role during this movie as well as setting up Amor Wars. They needed T'Challas body to bring him back from the ancestral plane in BP1 and at the end of BP1 Killmonger requested to be buried in the ocean, so the massive ship going out into the sea might be an attempt to reclaim his body from Namor who would have it.

So while that makes sense to me, a con here is it feels a bit weird setting a precedent that if they have the power to bring people back from the dead that the Wakandans would choose Killmonger and not T'Challa. Obviously outside of the movies we know why, but that would be reason enough for me to avoid that plot line completely because it just doesn't make any sense why they'd choose him. I can't think of a conceivable way that a director can explain why in the movie the Wakandans decided to resurrect the murdering cousin who overthrew them and ruled tyrannically for a bit instead of the just and fair king they all love.
Yeah, if it is Killmonger then from a purely movie perspective (ignoring reality) they’d need to give a believable reason why they chose to bring him back instead of T’Challa.

Or maybe they use a variant of Killmonger from the multiverse?!

I still expect it to be Shuri - but you make a good point on what the mum says which I hadn’t considered.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
One of the oldest movie/TV show tropes ever, if we don't see a body, they're never actually dead. How do we know kilmonger is actually dead?

Zarlak

Yeah, if it is Killmonger then from a purely movie perspective (ignoring reality) they’d need to give a believable reason why they chose to bring him back instead of T’Challa.

Or maybe they use a variant of Killmonger from the multiverse?!

I still expect it to be Shuri - but you make a good point on what the mum says which I hadn’t considered.
It could also be a fake out, on a vid I watched it pointed out how the first shot of Black Panther we see is on a beach, however the throne room in Wakanda which is on top of a mountain gets flooded so the beach fight must take place earlier, otherwise there'd be no beach. This had me wondering if that shot is perhaps a flashback to the short period that Killmonger was BP in BP1, I think unlikely but who knows.

Zarlak

One of the oldest movie/TV show tropes ever, if we don't see a body, they're never actually dead. How do we know kilmonger is actually dead?
We watched him die in BP1, he requests to be buried at sea (where the villain in this movie is from) and then pulls a dagger out of himself and slumps over dead. It'd be a bit weird for them to be like 'no after granting his cousin his wish, he changed his mind and rushed him back to the lab really quickly so Shuri could save his life.' They have better ways to bring him back from death than trying to explain that he never really died. Phase 4 has really dived into the after life as a concept through the TV shows.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
We watched him die in BP1, he requests to be buried at sea (where the villain in this movie is from) and then pulls a dagger out of himself and slumps over dead. It'd be a bit weird for them to be like 'no after granting his cousin his wish, he changed his mind and rushed him back to the lab really quickly so Shuri could save his life.' They have better ways to bring him back from death than trying to explain that he never really died. Phase 4 has really dived into the after life as a concept through the TV shows.
That obviously wouldnt be the way they'd explain him still being alive. It would obviously be something atlantian as he's supposedly at sea. He's as dead as Bucky was IMO.

Amarsdd

Pretty sure its Shuri. Looks like a more feminine figure that.

Moby

Dick
The big baddie in this is wearing a little green speedo with what looks like a sock stuffed inside.

Also has Michael B Jordan even been cast for this for all this discussion about him being the panther?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Why is this trailer better than other LOUD MUSIC and random voice over Marvel trailers?

Sylar

Why is this trailer better than other LOUD MUSIC and random voice over Marvel trailers?
Visually beautiful, doesn't spoil too much and the music is subtle especially the way it transitions

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Visually beautiful, doesn't spoil too much and the music is subtle especially the way it transitions
The production values are indeed excellent, but aren't they always? I can't count the times I've been let down by a shite movie with an amazing trailer :wenger: