Film Black Panther

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Black Panther was very good in Civil War so I have high hopes for this.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Looks good.

The timing of this one seems interesting. They're building up to Inifinity War with Thanos being the main dude, Dr Strange, Guardians 2 and the new Thor were all very "cosmic" based but this seems a lot more grounded (I don't want to say realistic) like Winter Soldier.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
I
Cant
Wait

I'm showing up to the cinema head to toe in kente cloth, and eating jollof rice as popcorn

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
Been waiting so long for this, hopefully it's much better than the trailer.

Any chance Fox will let Marvel have Storm for this one? :drool:

Last edited:

Drifter

American
Great teaser Trailer and great cast. Hopefully this will live up to expectations.

Sylar

Fantastic. Probably going to avoid more trailers going forth, but it looks like it will be good with a good choice of music (hopefully)

3KDré

Loving the run the jewels music. Trailer looks fantastic.

Donut

Guess I was the only cnut who wasn't impressed by the trailer.
Me neither. Seemed all over the place. But I don't know the comics and I really liked Panther in Avengers so I'm hopeful.

Sylar

I had to stop half way. That looks pretty good (want some of it to be a surprise as well). I like the choice of music as well from what I heard :)

Kostur

海尔的老板
Looks great plus it seems to have a great soundtrack too, RTJ on the previous one, think it's Milly and Vince Staples on the second one, very much looking forward to it after his cameo in CW.

decorativeed

Hmm, less than impressed with this, which is a shame as I enjoyed him in Civil War.

It seems like it's heading towards another hero vs evil doppelgänger ending, which we've seen far too often in these kind of films already.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Looking forward to this, the trailer looks promising.

Sylar

Gotta love the difference in opinion from the last few posts. ROFL

Drifter

American
Great trailer .So looking forward to this. Even though important i hope it does not get to bogged down in the politics of Wakanda.

Last edited:

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Very good trailer, hope it delivers because I am a bit excited. Didn't watch Spiderman because I never liked that character, Dr Strange was a bit shit.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I had no interest in the trailer until I read the polar opposite views here and after watching it, I'm in the camp that likes it

Drifter

American
Very early days .But it's looking like a winner amongst critics.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
It's going to smash all types of records.

What's the record for the biggest superhero movie? I feel like it might be Ragnarok or maybe Dark Knight?

I think this could be one of the biggest movies of all time.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I hope its all good, but I recall some early early buzz about JL (followed up by early mixed impressions, then critical mauling)...

I want it to be great and successful....

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots

What's the record for the biggest superhero movie? I feel like it might be Ragnarok or maybe Dark Knight?

Don't think it looks anywhere near as good as Dark Knight based on that trailer. Hope it does well though, but the trailer looked solid but not spectacular. Black Panther was great in Civil war.. hope he lives up to the hype.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Don't think it looks anywhere near as good as Dark Knight based on that trailer. Hope it does well though, but the trailer looked solid but not spectacular. Black Panther was great in Civil war.. hope he lives up to the hype.
It's a different type of movie though, Dark Knight was a dark cinematic movie that just happened to feature in a superhero world. I don't even consider Dark Knight in the same genre as Thor, Iron Man, Spiderman etc

This is going fit in with the rest of the Marvel universe, and I'm hoping it to be the stand out star.

kps88

It's unlikely to get near Avengers, Iron Man 3 or Dark Knight numbers as those already had established fan bases. From what I read there's still other records it could topple like February box office or the record opening for a solo, non sequel superhero movie. Safe to say it will do very well and will have studio heads wondering why they didn't do this sooner.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
It's unlikely to get near Avengers, Iron Man 3 or Dark Knight numbers. From what I read there's still other records it could topple like February box office or the record opening for a solo, non sequel superhero movie. Safe to say it will do very well.
Keen to see what the numbers are for those movies.
I was reading a couple weeks ago that pre-sales tickets for this were the highest of any Marvel movie, ever - so I wouldn't count your chickens just yet.

Il Prete Rosso

Prete, the Italian Pete
It's a different type of movie though, Dark Knight was a dark cinematic movie that just happened to feature in a superhero world. I don't even consider Dark Knight in the same genre as Thor, Iron Man, Spiderman etc

This is going fit in with the rest of the Marvel universe, and I'm hoping it to be the stand out star.

There's "The Dark Knight" then there's everything else. Nothing in the super-hero genre of movies would topple that in terms of sheer cinematic excellence.

Sylar

Keen to see what the numbers are for those movies.
I was reading a couple weeks ago that pre-sales tickets for this were the highest of any Marvel movie, ever - so I wouldn't count your chickens just yet.
Would this count as the first black superhero? You can kinda count blade but not really the same since Blade had a different rating. But for families to watch in the superhero genre, he has to be the first right?
If twitter is anything to go by (it normally isnt) this will have huge opening numbers at the very least.