Blur

Archie Leach

Gooner
Supports
Arsenal
Blur are a band I can admire but don't really love. Oasis and their enduring army of fans baffle me, they've always sounded like utter shit to me.

Radiohead were/are the best of the lot, if you consider them Britpop. I'm not really sure what that genre encapsulates, other than being British and...pop?

The Smiths albums have dated for me with the exception of The Queen is Dead. Moreso the production than the songwriting.

Laphroaig

I'm seeing Blur tonight actually. Will it be awful?

Oh, I had forgotten Tender. That's a sweet little song.

Weird Fishes

It will be fantastic. It has to be because it's a retro English band and The Stone Roses and Pulp were fantastic in '12 and '11.

RedMist99

In retrospect, Blur probably were the best band of the 90s. I did love them at the time but I think I appreciate them even more now.

13 is one of my all time favourite albums

Laphroaig

It will be fantastic. It has to be because it's a retro English band and The Stone Roses and Pulp were fantastic in '12 and '11.
If you say so! This will be my first Øya since 2002. Can't recall any English retro gig then...
In retrospect, Blur probably were the best band of the 90s.
1. Again - are we talking best British band or best band full stop? 2. You're mad whatever the answer to 1.

Zen

Mad either way. It was Radiohead or Pavement.

RedMist99

1. Again - are we talking best British band or best band full stop? 2. You're mad whatever the answer to 1.
Only Radiohead or the Manic Street Preachers come close for me. Tough decision but Blur did more in the 90s than Radiohead - some may disagree as Radiohead produced two of the greatest albums of all time in that decade but changed their sound going into the 2000s. Perhaps if Radiohead had released all their material in a single decade then my opinion might be different.

Also, I was fairly young in the 90s so was only properly exposed to British music really

Who were you listening to in the 90s?

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018

Saw them last week in Dublin, they were brilliant. All the hits and a few surprises, Damon in flying form, crowd well up for it. You'll be pleasantly surprised. Enjoy.

Shark

@NotShark
Seen them at Oxegen back in 2009. Brilliant band.

'This is a low' has always been a personal favourite of mine.