Boehly is going to ruin Chelsea (hopefully)

lysglimt

Scout
14 wins in his last 55 games as manager now for Frank Lampard :)

Member 125398

Surely the only solution is for Boehly to get down on his knees and do whatever it takes to get Mourinho back.

spiriticon

Sacking Potter to hire Lampard is just...oh dear.

Lampard is a previously failed Chelsea manager so I'm not sure what convinced the owners it will be different this time.

The Firestarter

Surely the only solution is for Boehly to get down on his knees and do whatever it takes to get Mourinho back.
It will be certainly better for them short term results wise, and Mou will get yet another severance check at the end of it in 2 years.

Teja

Typical Chelsea - never believe the prevailing narrative about them. When they're winning CLs, you always know they're going to implode soon. When they're down and out (like they are now) you know they're going to come back.

The Dane

From someone like me who is not English but occasionally follow the English news like Daily Mail and BBC, it is really strange to see how the press was all over United during the Ole and RR times, and now that Chelsea and Liverpool are both just as bad, and especially Chelsea are a real mad house, it does not get the same coverage.
Maybe it’s just because United is a bigger club and we should be delighted. But it does seem strange, and at least to me it makes me respect OGS a little bit more to see how other big clubs with proven top Managers like Klopp and Potter can struggle.

Reactions: oates

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
From someone like me who is not English but occasionally follow the English news like Daily Mail and BBC, it is really strange to see how the press was all over United during the Ole and RR times, and now that Chelsea and Liverpool are both just as bad, and especially Chelsea are a real mad house, it does not get the same coverage.
Maybe it’s just because United is a bigger club and we should be delighted. But it does seem strange, and at least to me it makes me respect OGS a little bit more to see how other big clubs with proven top Managers like Klopp and Potter can struggle.
You were losing 4-0 to a team that got relegated. When that does happen to us I expect the same level of banter.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
It’s impossible for me to understand how they’re in this position. The absolute ineptitude we saw last year with players not giving a feck and a temporary manager completely out of his depth - yet we finished 6th. How the feck can they be 11th!? It’s genuinely absurd. They’ve won 4 games since November. The points Tuchel got are the only reason they aren’t in the relegation zone. After spending 600m on players and 50m on managers…I don’t think this level of ineptitude has ever been seen before? It’s crazy and it isn’t really getting called out in the media. I’m assuming everyone is just waiting for them to get knocked out of the CL first before really going to town.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
It’s impossible for me to understand how they’re in this position. The absolute ineptitude we saw last year with players not giving a feck and a temporary manager completely out of his depth - yet we finished 6th. How the feck can they be 11th!? It’s genuinely absurd. They’ve won 4 games since November. The points Tuchel got are the only reason they aren’t in the relegation zone. After spending 600m on players and 50m on managers…I don’t think this level of ineptitude has ever been seen before? It’s crazy and it isn’t really getting called out in the media. I’m assuming everyone is just waiting for them to get knocked out of the CL first before really going to town.
Yeah, its pretty wild. They had 19 points from their first 9 matches and since have gotten 20 points from the last 22.

Four of their last seven matches are against the top four sides in the table right now too. They could easily end up on ~45 points, which would be their worst total since getting relegated in the late 1980s.

Kag

Agreed.

The bizarre thing about all of this is that I think they’re a good manager, a proper striker and some confidence and momentum away from turning it around quite quickly. They’re a strange creature.

Sparky Rhiwabon

The Chelsea team sheets these days look such a random selection of players thrown together. They may have a lot of expensive players but there appears to be no plan or structure to it. Here was yesterday's for example.

Andy_Cole

The Chelsea team sheets these days look such a random selection of players thrown together. They may have a lot of expensive players but there appears to be no plan or structure to it. Here was yesterday's for example.

Didn’t realise Pulisic still gets minutes!

Andy_Cole

I do think it’s largely because of the size of United. The disrespect Ole got was bizarre though. Seems a lot of this forum have carried on the disrespect the media gave.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
I do think it’s largely because of the size of United. The disrespect Ole got was bizarre though. Seems a lot of this forum have carried on the disrespect the media gave.
Sky and BT went through a period of any time we lost a game acting like Manchester United had just killed someone. Jake Humphrey in particular made it seem like a moral massacre had just taken place any time we dared to lose in Europe. The outrage was truly fecking bizarre. The media chaos cycle has ceased under Erik thankfully.

Andy_Cole

Sky and BT went through a period of any time we lost a game acting like Manchester United had just killed someone. Jake Humphrey in particular made it seem like a moral massacre had just taken place any time we dared to lose in Europe. The outrage was truly fecking bizarre. The media chaos cycle has ceased under Erik thankfully.
Well we were a laughing stock vs Sevilla so not quite.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Well we were a laughing stock vs Sevilla so not quite.
Were we a laughing stock? Is that according to Twitter? We went down to 10 men due to a serious injury and conceded one of the unluckiest own goals I’ve ever seen. To draw the game. Bit odd how you’re in one post critiquing the media for their treatment of Ole yet in the next saying we were a “laughing stock” in a game we drew in ridiculously unfortunate circumstances after battering them for much of the game.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Can they get relegated? 12 points from the drop zone with 21 left to play for. Unlikely but my god that would amazing.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Maybe?

Man United are far bigger, have far more fans and as such get more coverage (good and bad) and have done for decades.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Can they get relegated? 12 points from the drop zone with 21 left to play for. Unlikely but my god that would amazing.
Absolutely zero chance, their form over the past 5 games is still better than the three currently in the relegation zone.

Plus the "magic" number for safety is 40, they need just 1 point in their remaining 9 games, and as crap as Lampard is, I'm sure he'll pick up at least 2 points somewhere.

NoLogo

Sacking Potter to hire Lampard is just...oh dear.

Lampard is a previously failed Chelsea manager so I'm not sure what convinced the owners it will be different this time.
He didn't exactly do wonders at Everton either, which makes the whole decision even more baffling. I was certain that Franky boy would have to go to a lower league or manage in another country if he wanted to get back into management, but Boehly thought otherwise it seems.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'

Kepa as captain has to be one of the worst and most bizarre decisions I’ve ever seen. He’s easily the worst keeper in the league and doesn’t have any personality to match it. If that doesn’t show your incompetence as a club then what does!

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Boehly at Chelsea looks like Jay from The Inbetweeners if he actually has the money and decided to spent them trying to turn his make believe world into reality.

FrantikChicken

Definitely not but their only “easy” remaining fixture is forest at home. I could see them ending 4 points or so above relegation :lol:

Andy_Cole

Were we a laughing stock? Is that according to Twitter? We went down to 10 men due to a serious injury and conceded one of the unluckiest own goals I’ve ever seen. To draw the game. Bit odd how you’re in one post critiquing the media for their treatment of Ole yet in the next saying we were a “laughing stock” in a game we drew in ridiculously unfortunate circumstances after battering them for much of the game.
I made the mistake of switching on talk sport on the drive home.

Not odd. My point was how United are always the talking point, treated harshly. Ole was compared to Lampard. Wreck it Ralf too. Hag will be if we hit any sort of bad form.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Kepa as captain has to be one of the worst and most bizarre decisions I’ve ever seen. He’s easily the worst keeper in the league and doesn’t have any personality to match it. If that doesn’t show your incompetence as a club then what does!
You forgot his complete lack of character.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
I’m all for bashing Chelsea but I’m sure we can do it without going over the top. He’s been decent this season, I’d rate the following starting keepers below him: Ward, Leno, Guaita, José Sá, Lloris, Bazunu & Meslier.

Unless you actually mean he’s the worst keeper in the league, as you said. I’d say he’s better than all 2nd & 3rd choice keepers.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
I’m all for bashing Chelsea but I’m sure we can do it without going over the top. He’s been decent this season, I’d rate the following starting keepers below him: Ward, Leno, Guaita, José Sá, Lloris, Bazunu & Meslier.

Unless you actually mean he’s the worst keeper in the league, as you said. I’d say he’s better than all 2nd & 3rd choice keepers.
He has been much much better this season but his ability to stop long range shots remains suspect. We need a stronger keeper long term but he is the least of our worries right now. Priority remains an actual goal scoring striker and a DM - preferably one with strong leadership as this shitshow lack character.