Bojan's curious transformation

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Same player, different feet?

Left-footed Bojan...

If you watch Bojan against Arsenal (below) you'll see a player with a very clear preference for his left foot - first touch, dribbling, set pieces all taken with his left foot and only uses his right foot when he has to. I was bemused by that because I could've sworn Bojan at Barça was clearly right-footed...and he was.

As with all Barça players he was adept with either foot but right throughout his career up until his move to Stoke (or maybe even this game?) he clearly preferred his right foot. For some reason that seemed to change all of a sudden. It may just be a coincidence but he went on to play probably the best football in his professional career.

One of football's great mysteries. Who's with me? Pretty freaky stuff you have to admit...

Barca

Milan

prarek

Very interesting. Never really noticed this before. I wonder if its the same Bojan heh. :smirk:

Always taught he was ambidextrous. Not that I put too much taught into such things.
But if he is ambidextrous then shouldn't he be using both feet in equal measures? In his earlier vids he clearly seems to prefer his right foot while at Stoke he clearly seems to prefer his left. Weird.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
So basically the moral of the story is that there is still hope for Antonio Valencia?

Brophs

The One and Only
I know I'm going to feel very stupid for asking, but why is everyone pissing themselves at the theme tune from the X Files?

Nickosaur

Hey that first video is mirrored! So that means...

I'm so confused.

prarek

Ok just got a message from @Kasper that the Arsenal video is mirrored. Mystery solved.

Hi, I'm a Newbie so I can't post in the threat about Bojan and his strong foot but could you tell people that the video vs. Arsenal is flipped as a mirror image due to copyright reasons which makes it look like he's left footed. It even says so in the youtube video description.
Thanks!

shivab

mirrored video. hes improved but still needs time to develop. not many would have predicted 5 years ago that bojan would be plying his trade at stoke. he was one of the brightest prosepects at barca.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
mirrored video. hes improved but still needs time to develop. not many would have predicted 5 years ago that bojan would be plying his trade at stoke. he was one of the brightest prosepects at barca.
Still if bojan can survive a wet windy wednesday in Stoke perhaps he developed more than messi ever will according to some on here

Nickosaur

Told y'all.

Even though it's mirrored, and I know he's right footed. It still looks like his left. feck you Bojan you've confused me.

shivab

Still if bojan can survive a wet windy wednesday in Stoke perhaps he developed more than messi ever will according to some on here
:) that index for measuring players is outdated. its a wet windy evening at the hawthorns now.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Can't make out if people couldn't tell the video was mirrored and they really thought Bojan switched his main foot or if people are are just taking the piss here...

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Good thing this wasn't called Valencia's curious transformation.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Clichy was coached out of his right footed tendency, at a young age by his father, so much so that he prefers his left foot now.

Skills

Snitch
Clichy was coached out of his right footed tendency, at a young age by his father, so much so that he prefers his left foot now.
Paolo Maldini is also allegedly naturally right footed. Who'd have thought.

Sir A1ex

Nearly as strange as the time that betting company changed their name from Bet365 to ZdEta8, or whatever it is that electronic advertising hoarding says in the first video.