Borthwick-Jackson recalled by United

Status
Not open for further replies.

In Rainbows

Aidan Barlow is also back.
Oh my god. What are the club doing? Is this what clubs do? Bring players back from loans? I thought we loaned him to another club for eternity? Isn't that the point of loans?

:lol:

Fitchett

CBJ was good for us under LVG, a manager who liked to develop youngsters. Makes sense to recall him when OGS gives youngsters a chance. Put him in the u-23 team to see how he shapes up, and then decide what to do next with him.

izzydiggler

I
CBJ was good for us under LVG, a manager who liked to develop youngsters. Makes sense to recall him when OGS gives youngsters a chance. Put him in the u-23 team to see how he shapes up, and then decide what to do next with him.
He can't get in the Tranmnere team...I mean I could repeat this in various ways but fecking hell, how low does the bar need to be lowered.

Denis79

Maybe he's not been getting enough game time or we've had an offer for him from a better suited club?
It's our replacement for Young. Ole did promise that any player that left would be replaced.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Yep, Rafa gave the pen away though which started their comeback to 5-3.. Do you remember the line-up on paper how good it looked ? RVP, Rooney, Falcao, Di Maria, Herrera, Mata etc.. What a load of tosh it turned out to be.
Yeah I thought when we started off that match we looked really good as well. Really felt excited but alas we are where we are.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Useless player but a wicked crosser. Might signal Young is definitely going.
Signals nothing of the sort, Young may or may not leave but what we do with CBJ will have no bearing on that, as if we'd bring in a player who can't even get a game in League One to play first team for us. He's likely been recalled due to a lack of game time as he barely played.

Rake

Why do most people assume he was recalled in order to play for the first team? We have Shaw, Dalot, AWB and Williams. Surely Laird would be given a chance rather than a player who has 40 games in 4 years.

Foxbatt

If we are that desperate why doesn't he call Smalling back?

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Had a couple of good games under LVG, but so did Paddy McNair and Joe Riley. Now none of them are close to being Premier League footballers.

Surely it's to go on loan elsewhere.

Bojan11

I

He can't get in the Tranmnere team...I mean I could repeat this in various ways but fecking hell, how low does the bar need to be lowered.
It doesn’t matter to people here. As long as they from the youth setup and run a bit they have a lifetime pass here. He also runs funny.

He’s failed about three loans, but we should give him another chance.

MyDevil

Why do most people assume he was recalled in order to play for the first team? We have Shaw, Dalot, AWB and Williams. Surely Laird would be given a chance rather than a player who has 40 games in 4 years.
Yeah, I would rather give Laird a chance.
CBJ already failed in many of his loan moves. I doubt he will even make it to the U23 squad.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
:eek: This guy still actually a Man. United player?!!

I remember him coming in under LVG...looked o.k (not that different to Williams which is why it's useful to wait until player has 50 senior games under his belt) then went to Leeds and hardly played then went to Scunthorpe and hardly played etc. He also popped up at Wolves for a period under Paul Lambert, that must feel like 20 years ago now eh @MsNuno

Haven't really seen him in Tranmere's 11 when I've looked at their team (they have a few ex Walsall guys this season so I follow their progress). Is it just injuries or he's on the decline and hanging onto his Man. United credentials with all he's got?

lsd

The Oracle
He has clearly come back to the U23s squad yet people are getting themselves worked up about it

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
:eek: This guy still actually a Man. United player?!!

I remember him coming in under LVG...looked o.k (not that different to Williams which is why it's useful to wait until player has 50 senior games under his belt) then went to Leeds and hardly played then went to Scunthorpe and hardly played etc. He also popped up at Wolves for a period under Paul Lambert, that must feel like 20 years ago now eh @MsNuno

Haven't really seen him in Tranmere's 11 when I've looked at their team (they have a few ex Walsall guys this season so I follow their progress). Is it just injuries or he's on the decline and hanging onto his Man. United credentials with all he's got?
He made 33 appearances for Scunthorpe and was a regular until picking up an injury late in the season. He generally received some rave reviews there.

His other loans have indeed been all no play time with regular questions of his attitude.

He's getting paid more here than any other team would offer. There has been no reason for him to leave before the end of his contract. He was able to leave on a free in the summer but couldn't find a club.

abbulf

What an insanely amount of knee-jerk reactions on here. This thread is a disgrace for the cafe, and sums up well the current state of the internet fan...

Anyone who is actually negative to him returning should take a long look at themselves and ask the mirror if they are taking the p... just for the fun of it, or if it is to put Ole and the club in a bad light.

Ole is not doing great currently, and there should be enough arguments to use against him without having to revert to making something out of nothing stories like this.

Andersonson

Because people in here are only making this place a shithole and everything is negative.
Some of the posters should get a warning to be fair, all they do is spread conspiracies and negativity.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
It's like you recalling your ex-wife. The uglier one because the beautiful one is now married with an Italian guy who's neither richer nor better looking than you.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Because there is no recall clause in the Smalling loan deal.
how stupid is that? So we insert a recall clause in a contract of a nobody but do not insert a recall clause into the contract of our best 2nd-3rd choice CB?

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
how stupid is that? So we insert a recall clause in a contract of a nobody but do not insert a recall clause into the contract of our best 2nd-3rd choice CB?
That's because Roma paid a loan fee, absolutely standard

Loans where players can be recalled are for free without a fee

A lot of idiotic comments in this thread from clueless jokers

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

It's not even surprising, it's sort of standard that you expect in any thread.

Roma paid around 3 million loan fee but people assume we had chance to recall whenever we want to and then comparing that loan to young players we usually loan out to lower leagues :lol:

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

actually fees can be structured month by month and a recall clause can still be inserted in a contract.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
How is there five pages on this? Was only a few days ago we recalled Ethan Hamilton then sent him to Bolton - this will be the same situation but to a different club.

Closing thread as the reaction is embarrassing - also, the case in point as to why utdreport is blacklisted in transfer tweets. They didn't tweet when Hamilton was recalled from Southend but did when he was loaned out to another club three days later. With Borthwick-Jackson they just tweeted that he was recalled for the reaction.

Edit: and now utdreport have done a tweet solely with a picture of Borthwick-Jackson going to training. Jokers.

Don't get me wrong, they're one of the most comprehensive United twitter accounts but they're also pretty selective at times and have 'stretched the truth' so to speak with some transfer tweets.

Status
Not open for further replies.