Borussia Dortmund 17/18 | Sky Germany: Lucien Favre to be next manager

Kapardin

I suspect he will keep his job for awhile if they get the EL, which they look on course to do thanks to Spurs.

That explains why their fans want to lose 8-0 tonight.:lol:

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
How the feck is Bosz still manager? Should have been sacked a long time ago.

Sometimes you just have to cut your losses before it's too late.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
It's absolutely insane how easily they concede. No defensive organization whatsoever. Makes one appreciate Mourinho's work at United more to be honest.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Not so arrogant now eh Dortmund board? Tuchel was better than this.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Would Dortmund consider bringing back Tuchel?
No. They just spent the last few months to smear him at every possible opportunity. They made it look like Tuchel is the lovechild of Hitler and Stalin.
Guess the situation right now is karma.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
Would Dortmund consider bringing back Tuchel?
Those bridges have been burned.

And then their charred remains have been pulverized with demolition explosives, after which every grain of debris and dust was collected in order to shoot it into space.

So I think, no.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I don't like this. I actually enjoy watching the bundesliga and i don't want Bayern to win uncontested. It isn't easy to root for Leipzig.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
I don't like this. I actually enjoy watching the bundesliga and i don't want Bayern to win uncontested. It isn't easy to root for Leipzig.
Usually, I like to watch Dortmund. They play exciting football and always have some great, young players coming through. But they brought this situation upon themselves. I don’t remember a team ever screwing up so badly by firing a coach.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Usually, I like to watch Dortmund. They play exciting football and always have some great, young players coming through. But they brought this situation upon themselves. I don’t remember a team ever screwing up so badly by firing a coach.
Agreed. I don't get the insistance on Bosz either. He is clearly a casting mistake and i don't think he can turn things around. Time to move on.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Agreed. I don't get the insistance on Bosz either. He is clearly a casting mistake and i don't think he can turn things around. Time to move on.
Should have fired him weeks ago. But I guess Watzke has to give him as much time as possible because he can’t afford to fire Tuchel‘s replacement so soon. Watzke looks so bad throughout this whole affair. First he fires the perfect guy despite huge success and then the replacement flops completely.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
Should have fired him weeks ago. But I guess Watzke has to give him as much time as possible because he can’t afford to fire Tuchel‘s replacement so soon. Watzke looks so bad throughout this whole affair. First he fires the perfect guy despite huge success and then the replacement flops completely.
I don't think how Watzke 'looks' plays a role here. Managers flopping is a normal part of football, happens at every club. I rather think the problem is they don't have a replacement or succession plan at this point.

Kapardin

They won't fire Bosz until he gets them knocked out of the Europa, or if the slide down the table becomes disastrous ala Klopp's last season.

Will be a massacre in the Europa if they draw free scoring teams like Arsenal or Napoli.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
I don't think how Watzke 'looks' plays a role here. Managers flopping is a normal part of football, happens at every club. I rather think the problem is they don't have a replacement or succession plan at this point.
That’s part of it. But the situation won’t get better by waiting and watching the team get worse every day. At one point one has to wonder why Bosz still has a job. I think if Bosz was appointed under normal circumstances, he’d be out of a job already.

NYAS

1 win in 13? Fecking hell!

It’s looking really rough for Dortmund supporters. They sacrificed a successful manager in big part due to a willingness to side with their sacred head of recruitment. Yet that very person ended up leaving anyway.

I don’t even know who they can replace Bosz with at this point.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
1 win in 13, blimey. That must be worse than the awful run in the final Klopp season.

I said it in the Bundesliga thread but is there no second team/academy boss who could take over for a few weeks? Might spark a slight improvement then they have the winter break to source a better manager.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Annoys me btw that ITV 4 scrapped the Monday night highlights show. Was always a useful way to see highlights of the game rather than having to find it online.

izec

They are hilarious to watch. feck all in the first half. When they equalised, you thought they would kick on. A few minutes later Bremen had chance after chance and counter after counter til they equaised through a corner. Hilarious defending again. Also Kagawa missed a sitter later on to conclude their situation

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
As a German, Bayern fan, and Bundesliga supporter in general, this Bundesliga season is an absolute train wreck. Somehow the level of football has dropped across the whole league (although we have somewhat recovered post Ancelotti), as evidenced by the awful european performances. Dortmund looked like world beaters at the start of the season, the implosion that followed is absolutely baffling.

deafepl

Bring Pulisic to Manchester United right now!!! He has a lot of talents potential to be the world class right wing, he's so much faster, he beat a lot of Madrid players multiple time, he took on Madrid 2/3 players twice and create a lot of big opportunities for them to score, and seem Jose Mourinho type cos of his defensive work rate

If we bring him to United next summer or summer in 2019, we'll be settled for up to 15 years with his service, he's a Man United fans which is a bonus.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Give it Giggs till end of season.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Bosz fired, according to Bild.
Good for them. Maybe they can stop fooling around now and get back to business.

By the way, Sport Bild is not Bild. They actually have a different editorial department and work mostly independent from each other, even though they are linked through name and publisher.

Bojan11

Moyes has always wanted to manage in Germany. Coming off the back of a big victory against Chelsea, I think Dortmund would be foolish to overlook him for it.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Bosz era is over. Finally some good news for Dortmund fans.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Can't they tempt Jardim or something? Monaco on the slide now and won't be challenging PSG for the foreseeable future. Guess he'll be earning a decent salary and Dortmund might not be able to offer substantial increase.

Edit: He's the sort of coach I'd like to see them go for. Plays a style that would fit into their gameplan.

ctp

FFS, couldn't they have waited until Wednesday?