Borussia Dortmund 17/18 | Sky Germany: Lucien Favre to be next manager

NYAS

Honestly, what has Bosz done to deserve the job in the first place? Get to the Europa League final? The guy has never even won the Eredivisie and his greatest managerial achievement was winning the Dutch second division. He’s no better than someone like Berizzo and definitely not worthy of the Dortmund job.

But it’s Dortmund, as long as they get their hipster managerial appointment, prior achievements don’t actually matter that much.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
I just can't forget the arrogance of some Dortmund fans on here at the start of the season, how we were some shit show for years while they were one of the best clubs in Europe. Things change quickly in football they were total shambles today, I feel sorry for some of their supporters.
Dortmund have largely been a shit show for years too.

Even before Klopp left.

K2K

Honestly, what has Bosz done to deserve the job in the first place? Get to the Europa League final? The guy has never even won the Eredivisie and his greatest managerial achievement was winning the Dutch second division. He’s no better than someone like Berizzo and definitely not worthy of the Dortmund job.

But it’s Dortmund, as long as they get their hipster managerial appointment, prior achievements don’t actually matter that much.
In their defense, he was never their first choice.

Kostov

Dortmund have largely been a shit show for years too.

Even before Klopp left.
I know about there financial problems before but I've never payed much attention to the negatives and I was always sympathetic to their fans and club overall. Then some fans of their popped up here and there spouting shit about United, and here we are I guess some of them deserved it.

And lets not forget their club's PR/twitter guy, enjoy the Europa League pal.

prath92

They are gonna be ok. I’m sure their DoF and other amazing structures will bail them out. I mean they wouldn’t struggle in the transfer window like poor old united

K2K

I know about there financial problems before but I've never payed much attention to the negatives and I was always sympathetic to their fans and club overall. Then some fans of their popped up here and there spouting shit about United, and here we are I guess some of them deserved it.

And lets not forget their club's PR/twitter guy, enjoy the Europa League pal
That made their club look extremely small time considering that they are usually also rans in the UCL too.

Nick.

Who was the asshole taking the piss out of us all summer about Mkhitaryan the season Mourinho joined? Poisoned me against Dortmund forever, where are you now? Come out here and tell us how much better Dortmund are than United now.

NoLogo

And lets not forget their club's PR/twitter guy, enjoy the Europa League pal.
Who spouted shit about United? Apart from one or two salty posters when we signed Mkhi I can't remember any Dortmund fans on here ever talking shit about United.

NoLogo

Who was the asshole taking the piss out of us all summer about Mkhitaryan the season Mourinho joined? Poisoned me against Dortmund forever, where are you now? Come out here and tell us how much better Dortmund are than United now.
If that's your bar for disliking a club you should hate our club by now given the amount of grief we give our own manager/board/players all the time.

Seriously though how are some people so thin skinned when it comes to fans of other clubs talking shit about United? It's all just a banter anyways and when it comes to fans of clubs we are about to sign some good player from I just enjoy the big salty tears. :drool:

Kostov

do you have a link? would love to feast on that post :drool:
I was referring on that cringeworthy statement they made when we signed Mkhitaryan.

Who spouted shit about United? Apart from one or two salty posters when we signed Mkhi I can't remember any Dortmund fans on here ever talking shit about United.
There were couple of posters at the start of this season also, talking shit as per usual how United were in some crisis and a circus since Fergie left, disregarding their own failings in recent times. I can't remember the exact nonsense that was paddled but those who've seen it will remember I guess.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Same here. Watzke, Dortmund's CEO, was an arrogant wanker the past few seasons, too. Turned me off them forever.

NoLogo

There were couple of posters at the start of this season also, talking shit as per usual how United were in some crisis and a circus since Fergie left, disregarding their own failings in recent times. I can't remember the exact nonsense that was paddled but those who've seen it will remember I guess.
Maybe it's just me but I trash talk other teams all the time so I don't really care if some opposition fans do it, it's part of the game imo and like I said I also enjoyed the obvious saltiness over the Mkhi deal. :D

NoLogo

Same here. Watzke, Dortmund's CEO, was an arrogant wanker the past few seasons, too. Turned me off them forever.
That's certainly true. He is turning into Hoeneß more and more with each season passing by.

What turned me off the most about the in the last couple of years where Watzke sacking Tuchel after winning the Cup and having a fairly good season with them. That's the main reason why I feel they deserve what they are reaping right now. At least their bosses do.

Kostov

Maybe it's just me but I trash talk other teams all the time so I don't really care if some opposition fans do it, it's part of the game imo and like I said I also enjoyed the obvious saltiness over the Mkhi deal. :D
I have no problem with banter from opposition fans, that's part of the entertainment. But I can't stand arrogant wankers that go into hiding once the results go against their team.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I still can't believe it. How the hell do you play such an atrocious 2nd half conceding a red card and 4 goals!

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Surely the manager will be sacked now?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I still can't believe it. How the hell do you play such an atrocious 2nd half conceding a red card and 4 goals!
Thought Boaz tactics were really poor after the red. Pulisic is a special talent but at this stage of his development he can't play the lone striker role and lead the line. BD wondering why they couldn't hold onto the ball after the red card.

Surely bringing on Schurrle at that point would've been more logical?

I also don't understand why they're being linked with Mikhitayran again? Surely Kagawa and Gotze has shown more he probably won't be as good there second time around? God damm sign a good keeper and some defenders, it's getting comical now. :lol:

ThanhlongTDK

Supports
Dortmund
For anyone saying that Dortmund players are shit. Pls remember that when they failed and came back, they never came back to the player they used to be. Sahin was great but since coming back BvB 4 years ago he has been utter shit. Gotze is improving but it is clear that he cant come back to his 2012/2013 lv anymore. Kagawa also hasnt been good. Gundogan was fantastic for Man City before injury, lewan and Hummels are playing a vital part in Bayern lineup.

For Peter Bosz, after fixing Weigl position for like 2 matches, he came back to his idiotic tactic, pushing Weigl higher to make a way for Sahin at CDM. Consequently, Sahin is shit (which is obvious really), Weigl be came useless.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München

I realize it's hip to rail against hipsters, but this is a rather narrow-minded thing to claim.
Obviously Bosz was selected because of his attributes. Yes, he got to the EL final (and played a good league campaign), and he did that with a very young and unexperienced team, playing a brand of football similar to what BVB had been cultivating in recent years.
These, especially the ability to work with a very young squad, are the reasons why the BVB thought he could be a good choice. Not absurd.

And tbf he's getting half of it right. He just looks like he's unable to get the balance right, which is bad. He's a bit like Pep if Pep was like his haters describe him.

Godfather

Feels so good to see them struggling so hard after all their shit talking over the years.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I also don't understand why they're being linked with Mikhitayran again? Surely Kagawa and Gotze has shown more he probably won't be as good there second time around? God damm sign a good keeper and some defenders, it's getting comical now. :lol:
They are being "linked" with Mkhitaryan because he got bitch slaped by Mourinho and a lazy writer put that together with the returns of Kagawa, Sahin, Götze and fabricated a rumour out of it.
It makes little sense though. Dortmund don't need attackers, they have the best goal scoring record of the league. If they spend some money it should be on a b2b CM and defenders.
Götze, Kagawa, Sahin also left on very friendly terms, with Mkhitaryan it was the opposite, even personal to a degree.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
For anyone saying that Dortmund players are shit. Pls remember that when they failed and came back, they never came back to the player they used to be. Sahin was great but since coming back BvB 4 years ago he has been utter shit. Gotze is improving but it is clear that he cant come back to his 2012/2013 lv anymore. Kagawa also hasnt been good. Gundogan was fantastic for Man City before injury, lewan and Hummels are playing a vital part in Bayern lineup.

For Peter Bosz, after fixing Weigl position for like 2 matches, he came back to his idiotic tactic, pushing Weigl higher to make a way for Sahin at CDM. Consequently, Sahin is shit (which is obvious really), Weigl be came useless.
Sahin obviously has flaws (mainly that he is too slow), but he played a very important role when he came back, gradually getting more play time after his return in 12/13 and then playing almost every minute in 13/14. He gave Dortmund's build up some much needed structure when teams adapting to Klopp's style forced them into a more dominant role, especially once Gündogan started getting injured. In 14/15 there was a crass difference in ppg between matches with and without Sahin. He's very good on the ball, someone who can orchestrate his team, but due to his painful lack in pace he needs the proper tactical context. Calling him utter shit is pure nonsense, especially for a €7m fee.

Götze has transitioned into a different role. From attacking midfielder to much more subtle CM role (linking midfield and attack, keeping posession comfortably in packed areas). He's probably been Dortmund's best player this season after re building his fitness, definitely the most consistent one.

Regarding Weigl I have (again) to suggest that you take a look at the heat and touch maps before you make false claims.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
It's not just tactics and lineups but also fitness. They are not able to play their game for 90 minutes. They look shot after 65minutes. The problem is not that the players don't get his tactics, but that his approach is terrible. Bosz has to go, if they want to save their season. Missing cl qualification would be a disaster.

Dortmund's squad also needs to get a look. Players who should be leaders (Sahin, Schmelzer, Bürki, auba, Castro) struggle for one reason or another to do so (quality and/or attitude). I am not a fan of blaming character/leadership, but this team is soft. Schmelzer ist Captain ffs.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
It's not just tactics and lineups but also fitness. They are not able to play their game for 90 minutes. They look shot after 65minutes. The problem is not that the players don't get his tactics, but that his approach is terrible. Bosz has to go, if they want to save their season. Missing cl qualification would be a disaster.

Dortmund's squad also needs to get a look. Players who should be leaders (Sahin, Schmelzer, Bürki, auba, Castro) struggle for one reason or another to do so (quality and/or attitude). I am not a fan of blaming character/leadership, but this team is soft. Schmelzer ist Captain ffs.
Fitness is definitely looking like an issue, but I feel like Boszs (recent) tactical performance gets overlooked amid the bad results: he owned Wolf with his little trick regarding Toljan under different circumstances they would've thumbed them in the first half instead of hitting self destruct, against Tottenham he adjusted his back line and got a well deserved lead out of it after which the team hit self destruct, against Schalke he again owned his opponent and even got that commanding lead before the team - again - hit self destruct.
Obviously he's not free of blame regarding his team's fragile mindset either, but reading some stuff you get the impression that he's some stubborn moron who only knows one approach and stumbled into the job.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
against Schalke he again owned his opponent and even got that commanding lead before the team - again - hit self destruct.
That's not an accurate account of what happened though. Tedesco reacted to being 'owned' after 30 minutes, and Schalke were the better team from then on. Bosz should have reacted to this, but he did not.
And the fragility is not primarily one of mindset IMO, but one of tactical balance. The fragility of mind follows that, as the players seem to feel that they cannot trust the way they're being set up by Bosz.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
That's not an accurate account of what happened though. Tedesco reacted to being 'owned' after 30 minutes, and Schalke were the better team from then on. Bosz should have reacted to this, but he did not.
And the fragility is not primarily one of mindset IMO, but one of tactical balance. The fragility of mind follows that, as the players seem to feel that they cannot trust the way they're being set up by Bosz.
Schalke had one shot in the first half and that was after 2 minutes. Just a couple of minutes before the 1:4 Aubameyang had two good chances to make it 5:0. It was only after the goal that Dortmund stopped playing football. After Schalke's second goal he subbed in Bartra for Yarmolenko to reinforce the defence, but there is only so much you can do when Aubameyang gets send off a couple of minutes later and the team makes mistake after mistake despite having the numbers advantage at the back.
That doesn't mean I'm trying to talk Bosz up as a top coach btw, it just feels like people don't look past the end result.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
If Bosz continues he‘ll probably be responsible for Weigl not going to the World Cup. His setup is completely phasing Weigl out of the game plan. This is like playing Busquets in the Iniesta role or something like that. Not that Weigl is on Busquet‘s level.

And I am not even mentioning Dahoud...