Boubacar Kamara | Signs for Aston Villa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil may care

Oh dear someone call wahmbulance
Tchouaméni to Real, De Jong hard to get, your boy Rice priced out.....most reports say we want 2 midfielders and already options are thinning to the point we might be looking to convince Kalvin Phillips, I can see why some feel this is a low risk missed opportunity.

KeanoMagicHat

There have been no strong links here and the word is Atletico sadly. I'm sure he'll do well there.

KeanoMagicHat

If Romano was as ITK as people think, he'd just tweet it himself.
It's the problem though of Reddit having Tiered sources etc. If you're going to punish a journalist for taking a risk and getting it wrong so harshly, then a lot of the journos are just going to play it safe to keep their reputation of getting it right.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It's the problem though of Reddit having Tiered sources etc. If you're going to punish a journalist for taking a risk and getting it wrong so harshly, then a lot of the journos are just going to play it safe to keep their reputation of getting it right.
You mean, only report on things when they have concrete genuine sources? That’s exactly why people like Ornstein are considered the top dogs. The real journalists are the ones who don’t simply tweet for clicks and interactions.

Last edited:

zaafi

Atlético don't even need him, but they see it as smart business because he's a very good player, coming in free and he won't be demanding big wages. Why not atleast try to sign him? He's already twice the player McTominay is, so even if he's not what we need, there is absolutely a need to rotate players, not just because they will tire, but also because of the competition and it will drive players to work harder and improve.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Tchouaméni to Real, De Jong hard to get, your boy Rice priced out.....most reports say we want 2 midfielders and already options are thinning to the point we might be looking to convince Kalvin Phillips, I can see why some feel this is a low risk missed opportunity.
We’ve never had a serious link to him, it’s just posters that keep this going on the pretext that he’s free. Perhaps he doesn’t fit the profile that the manager wants to build his midfield around? Perhaps his plan is to flank DeJong with existing staff (including promoted players)? I don’t know but it’s fairly clear we’ve never been seriously interested

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
We’ve never had a serious link to him, it’s just posters that keep this going on the pretext that he’s free. Perhaps he doesn’t fit the profile that the manager wants to build his midfield around? Perhaps his plan is to flank DeJong with existing staff (including promoted players)? I don’t know but it’s fairly clear we’ve never been seriously interested
Very few players are perfectly moulded to play for a particular manager or particular system, granted there are a few players who simply can't adapt to a certain style of play but look at what Klopp has managed to get out of James Milner at 35 years of old. Turning down the chance of signing a good player on a free doesn't make much sense, especially when it's in a position where we're thread bare. Worst case scenario we sell him on for a small profit the year after. It's not like he was the profile of player to demand a huge signing on fee. It makes no sense as to why the club never seems to snap up players like this. Maybe that's why we've spent the most and have the least to show for it over the past decade.

KeanoMagicHat

You mean, only report on things when they have concrete genuine sources? That’s exactly why people like Ornstein are considered the top dogs. The real journalists are the ones who don’t simply tweet for clicks and interactions.
How is that so different from Romano though? People giving out about Romano for being too safe, but he's trying to verify his sources. You either take risks or you don't. Ornstein reported that Mbappé was going to Real Madrid.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
How is that so different from Romano though? People giving out about Romano for being too safe, but he's trying to verify his sources. You either take risks or you don't. Ornstein reported that Mbappé was going to Real Madrid.
Romano is an aggregator who piggybacks from others. There’s no chance one man has the level of sources and scoops as he feigns to hold over twitter. The man “reports” on every transfer news for every single league, ffs.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Very few players are perfectly moulded to play for a particular manager or particular system, granted there are a few players who simply can't adapt to a certain style of play but look at what Klopp has managed to get out of James Milner at 35 years of old. Turning down the chance of signing a good player on a free doesn't make much sense, especially when it's in a position where we're thread bare. Worst case scenario we sell him on for a small profit the year after. It's not like he was the profile of player to demand a huge signing on fee. It makes no sense as to why the club never seems to snap up players like this. Maybe that's why we've spent the most and have the least to show for it over the past decade.
I get what you’re saying but I’m not a fan of stockpiling players just because they’re free. I want us to sign players that we’ve carefully considered and taken the pathway for potential promotions into account too

zaafi

I get what you’re saying but I’m not a fan of stockpiling players just because they’re free. I want us to sign players that we’ve carefully considered and taken the pathway for potential promotions into account too
That didn't turn out so well with Solskjær. Signing "United DNA players" such as Wan-Bissaka, Daniel James, Maguire, Van de Beek and Telles. Trash players. Sometimes we need to make signings and worry about fitting them later, because we need good squad players, not the likes of McTominay coming in from the bench. And right now, we can't afford to spend money on good bench players because there are so many holes in our main team that we need to solve first.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Atlético don't even need him, but they see it as smart business because he's a very good player, coming in free and he won't be demanding big wages. Why not atleast try to sign him? He's already twice the player McTominay is, so even if he's not what we need, there is absolutely a need to rotate players, not just because they will tire, but also because of the competition and it will drive players to work harder and improve.
We might have tried but ultimately it'll be harder to attract players that could go to Champions League clubs instead.

Chairman Steve

I bet Juve would be over this. Truly the stingiest bastards in world football at the moment.

Zoo

All this talk and he ends up at Aston Villa..

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Will be interesting to see how he adapts to the prem. I'm gonna bet we come out of this feeling as dumb as missing out on Guimaraes, especially as there are literally 0 links to any other DM.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Is he a bit average? Given we need a few midfielders susprised we weren't seriously interested.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Thought he was nailed on for Athletico Madrid. Surprising to see him go to Villa

L1nk

Oh well, there goes what would have been a good free transfer

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Let's hope the club have 2 midfielders lined up

Devil may care

The links were tenuous I agree but I can't see why he wouldn't fit Ten Hag's style and most reports say we want two midfielders as even if we somehow manage to get De Jong neither McTominay or Fred are anywhere near good enough to be starting if the plan is to genuinely improve and Garner is the only CM even in the mix to be promoted but he also looks miles off the required level right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.