Bouhafsi: Martial wants to leave United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kylar Stern

The uncomfortable truth is that he hasn't shown anywhere near enough to demand a regular starting place within the team.

We should also not be allowing a 22 year old to hold us to ransom in the press via his agent.

Great potential, but in my opinion he's mentally weak and has allowed his personal life to affect his performances on more than one occasion.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
A couple of interesting bits from his agent's statement:

Those quotes and his previous tendency to shut down rumours quickly leads me to believe he would still be open to staying if he was given the right assurances.
Yeah it seems that is exactly the case. But what assurances does he want exactly? He might be asking for things we haven't given any of our players. He seems to have a bit of an entitlement complex. At the end of the day, if he performs as he's capable, Jose would play him.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
What's strange about that?

Fellaini contract run out this year, Martials runs for two years. :houllier:
Nothing strange but get the impression he has favourites and Martial/Shaw and a few others are clearly not.

Also Mourinho has to look at himself, pre Sanchez Martial was one of our best players so the buck has to stop with the manager on this.

Nick7

He's given him plenty of chances!
If anything Jose is consistent with this, he's dropped Pogba for the exact same reasons yet you have posters criticising Paul for not tracking back, over complicating things, not moving the ball quicker etc then run into the Martial thread to praise him for trying everything that Paul shouldn't do.
Its the dribbling disease. He and Rashford can take 2 players on, a 3rd gets a tackle in and the ball goes out for a throw.
Oh wow, he's playing well today meanwhile Lukaku is starved of service in the box, standing there twiddling his thumbs.
Their combined assists should be a lot higher for the attempted dribbles to be worth it.
Maybe that's why Jose seems to have promised him a central role if he stays next gear.
Just take it out of his hands completely
That's something that really gets me. Martial had a sub appearance late in the season and did absolutely nothing bar a couple of runs where he ended up losing the ball and people were talking like he was annihilating the other team. He was crap, but if you mentioned that, people brought up one run and one corner he took. Seems with some players these days, not just Martial, that one run or play that can fit into a youtube compilation is good enough to signify a good performance if you like that player.

TheReligion

Abusive
Nothing strange but get the impression he has favourites and Martial/Shaw and a few others are clearly not.

Also Mourinho has to look at himself, pre Sanchez Martial was one of our best players so the buck has to stop with the manager on this.
Why mention it then? I'm confused.

JM would obviously speak more about a player who's contact runs out in a few months rather than one who has years left.

If he spoke about players who had several years on their contracts on every occasion the pressers would be even more shite.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Martial going nowhere unless we say so.

Will be on our terms. 2 years is a long long time.
In case you didn't know, that's the case with every transfer of any contracted player from any club.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Why mention it then? I'm confused.

JM would obviously speak more about a player who's contact runs out in a few months rather than one who has years left.

If he spoke about players who had several years on their contracts on every occasion the pressers would be even more shite.
Why not mention it, I would've thought Martial's contract and playing time is more pressing than Fellaini.

TheReligion

Abusive
Why not mention it, I would've thought Martial's contract and playing time is more pressing than Fellaini.
Why not mention it? Because he has two years left on his contract.

Why mention Fellaini? As his was running out.

Not sure what you can't follow here.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He is one of my favourite players but I don't see the point of keeping him.
Use him as a carrot to nag a top player.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Not as good as Nani, Lee Sharpe, Kanchelskis...
Not even among the best players, playing in Manchester...

I don't think it's all on Mourinho...Nor do I think it's all down to Martial.. Truth is somewhere in the middle.

Shame, would liked to have him stay but, it's not exactly a, "Sack Fergie, sell Giggs" moment

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
One thing I am worried about is that there is more and more players, mainly the attacking ones which are struggling in our team, even though having a big potential. There is no guarantee anymore it seems. Di Maria, Falcao, Martial, Sanchez... Maybe if we tried to play attacking football everything would be better. Can't see Martial not scoring 20+ goals for the Liverpool team in a Klopp system, despite being a lazy feck which for me is the biggest problem about him however we could still make him and players being more happy playing some nice football playing differently..

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Why not mention it? Because he has two years left on his contract.

Why mention Fellaini? As his was running out.

Not sure what you can't follow here.
Get a life bro.

It is clear to me Mourinho should've done more with Martial when he was one of our better players.

Now stop bugging me lol

Smores

Lukaku was sold at his request because Mourinho kept buying old players like Eto'o to play in his position which restricted his .
How many games did Lukaku start for Chelsea? How many has Martial started.......come back to me when you see the difference

crossy1686

career ending
The thing with Mourinho he made a big deal of renewing Fellaini's contract but hasn't uttered a word on Martial.
Well at least we know what Fellani wants (3 years and a pay rise). We still have no idea what Martial is after, perhaps his demands are unrealistic? His agent keeps telling us what he doesn't want but what actually does he want?

TheReligion

Abusive
Get a life bro.

It is clear to me Mourinho should've done more with Martial when he was one of our better players.

Now stop bugging me lol
I'm just pointing out that what you said made no sense that's all.

We need to all stop being hysterical and see how it plays out.

StillPlayingFooty

Supports
Liverpool FC
He's too lazy to fight. He wants to be a star for a top team, but hasn't shown the desire or hunger to achieve it with us, and it'll be the same if he signs for a massive team. He needs to be the big fish in a small pond for a bit, that'll do him some good.

Honestly I feel the same about Pobga. Lacks work ethic. Wannabe stars without sweating it. Only talentless train I suppose.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Beneficial to us in what? Not conceding goals? It wasn’t beneficial to us in an attacking sense no!
Beneficial to us not conceding, yeah. That’s half the game isn’t it? His work in our own half also contributes to starting attacks even if he’s not involved in the final move.

Marcky411

I kind of expected it but still a shock. The sad thing is this is all Jose's doing, he never really liked Martial and has stuffed him around since day one, does it have something to do with the fact he was another player LvG signed and since he has come in it has been his mission to get rid of everything bought by LvG, or that it's only coincidental. I am gutted that a declining has been like Sanchez(have absolutely no faith in him improving next season, only came here for the final pay day, that is my opinion I really hope I am wrong) has forced him out of the club and that he will shine at his next club, just like KDB and Salah have done.
What gets me even more is that I expect Fellaini to sign a new contract and Jose will be praising the heavens he could secure him.
If Martial does get to leave and it really looks like it will be happening, the only conciliation I can find in this happening is that this could maybe just be the final nail in Jose's coffin as manager at Utd, because if he doesn't see to it that Utd either win the title or at least put in a proper title challenge it will be the end of Jose and with every failing he has in 2018/2019 season people will bring up the Martial incident/situation.

Norris

If we do indeed sell Martial, there is no way Jose would escape criticism if we don't bring in an attacking player after saying he will not bring in another attacker.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Martials going no where, no reason for United to sell, two years left on his contract.
Only way he'll be sold this year is if a massive offer came in or Bale/AG was involved somehow.

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud

I kind of agree with these sentiments outside the personal dig. You have to fight for your position. If you want to be the star and guaranteed starter every week, go join Marseille or Valencia.

Top clubs thrive on competition between players, lifts the whole squad.

MP1711

Some people really need to take a break, we have sold players that have done far more for this club than Martial.

atticus finch

Good post of his Instagram account Fredo. Is one of his kids making a "V" sign at United do you think?

TheReligion

Abusive
Martials going no where, no reason for United to sell, two years left on his contract.
Only way he'll be sold this year is if a massive offer came in or Bale/AG was involved somehow.
Yep. If it suits us we will sell. If not he's here to stay.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I've long thought a Griezmann/Martial swap would suit both parties down to the ground

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I thought his contract expires in summer of 2019. That means he can sign a pre-contract with another club this winter, right? Which would mean an enormous loss on a very valuable asset. The club can’t let that happen.

Nick7

I thought his contract expires in summer of 2019. That means he can sign a pre-contract with another club this winter, right? Which would mean an enormous loss on a very valuable asset. The club can’t let that happen.
Has a years extension.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

I kind of agree with these sentiments outside the personal dig. You have to fight for your position. If you want to be the star and guaranteed starter every week, go join Marseille or Valencia.

Top clubs thrive on competition between players, lifts the whole squad.
Martial has fought for his position with Ibra, Lukaku, Rashford, and lately Sanchez

settembrini

How many games did Lukaku start for Chelsea? How many has Martial started.......come back to me when you see the difference
You come back to me when you address my post instead of taking one sentence and ignoring everything else.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Couple of things:

1) This is the second year in row where he has deleted photos etc from Instagram, he's bit of a drama queen but doesn't mean he's necessarily leaving.
2) His contract is 1+1 extension with the club having the option, so it's basically 2.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
So? You just give up? The comments from the France national setup arent exactly glowing either
Stats are completely irrelevant to player selection anyway. It's about the qualities of the players and what they bring to the table for the game. The best players in the world perform in most tactical situations. The players seeking to be the best in the world improve aspects of their game to fit into more tactical situations.

Lukaku despite having clear technical limitations looks far more likely to be a top player than Martial due to his adaptation and intelligence. He has improved more in his 1st year than Martial has in his whole time at the club. Factoring in the different age profiles, it is quite damning on Martial. I have also seen Rashford improve more than Martial in his time here, he started of as a decent striker under LVG, and has shown some good forward play off the left that he hadn't shown before.

Martial has been giving the same look for 3 years now, he does the same thing over and over expecting a different result. Unless you are a once in a generation player you can't do that and expect to be a talisman for your team.

Status
Not open for further replies.