Bouhafsi: Martial wants to leave United

Status
Not open for further replies.

led_scholes

This is a very lazy analysis.
Well I didn't intend to analyze with one sentence anyway :D. But If Martial, KdB or Salah had received the support that Fellaini has, I don' t believe they would want to leave..

reddaz71

Fair point on no one is bigger than the club but the likes of Ince, Hughes, Kanchelskis and Van Nistelrooy were sold so that our younger talents could come through. We've done the reverse here by buying a declining Sanchez to replace our best young player.
If that's the situation come August 9th then its a fair point, lets see who else we bring in between now and then.

GM K

De Gea didn't have his agent briefing the press every other month about how unhappy he is and how he wants to leave either.
Correct.

I don't get how Martial is being excused. Fair enough to want to leave but leave well and let the club earn well from your departure. For almost two seasons now, every month something has been leaking to indicate he is unhappy or available to leave. Remember Jose complaining early two seasons ago about how he needs to listen more to his manager than to his agent?
He's a real talent and shame he's going but I believe if we trade him well enough, we'll be a stronger team.

Aloysius's Back 3

I didn't know tactic is aging at speed of light. Suddenly Martial was all good and tactic was decent then the next few days after Alexis signed, tactic was outdated and Martial was not suited.

Alexis being criticized for playing too narrow and we need to t fix it, Here you say we want martial to come back (cut back maybe) and score which he did all the time...

Rashford was ultilized as target man... when? Or when he played as central forward, we're exposed for not having a presence. Oh before, we're talking about Mourinho, please remind me why possession football master like LVG played Fellaini that much?

End younger players' career citing example players who moved onto next level. All of those at clubs who has questionable transfer dealing even without Mourinho at helm especially when it comes to young players...

Are you ITK by any chance to know so much about strict rules in Mourinho's team? Or Are you sure you even watch the games?
You clearly think we are something different to the second coming of Chelsea or Inter Milan's 4231 - Are you a fan that also believes in Bale or Griezmann on the RW? Because Tactically I can bet anything; the winger has to hold the line whilst the one on the other side cuts in. Target men like Lukaku is vital to him; the guy couldnt even drop him for one game during his barren spell :nervous: He is now fighting for Fellaini not because he is Mourinho's plan B but because he is vital player that revolves around a strict Plan A whether on or off the bench.

He can grind out win I'l give you that but the guys tactics is as stiff as many fan's who jumped on Mourinho soon as he started pushing Martial & Rashford out to the wings to accomadate Ibrahimovic & Lukaku.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
I’m not that mad about it but I do wish he could have stayed. Hopefully, a world class signing can make up for it.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The Liverpool debut goal will remain in our memories. United should never keep a player who's heart is not at the club.

PS: I wonder what a manager like Sir Alex would have made of a player like Martial?
He’d have bollocked him for a season after the cheating on his missus scandal, but after that he’d have probably made him a star.

Cheeky bit of scintillating wing play with him and Zaha on either flank

bdecuc

It's a sad day if such a talented young player as Martial has decided he'll have a better future somewhere else. If you've a manager who can't put together a successful team with Martial in it or at least involved enough to satisfy him at this stage while he develops then you get rid of the manager.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
Shame, as he could’ve been really good. Do not bother me the slightest that we’re losing a sulking player who has done nothing to think he deserves everything. Good riddance.

ti vu

You clearly think we are something different to the second coming of Chelsea or Inter Milan's 4231 - Are you a fan that also believes in Bale or Griezmann on the RW? Because Tactically I can bet anything; the winger has to hold the line whilst the one on the other side cuts in. Target men like Lukaku is vital to him; the guy couldnt even drop him for one game during his barren spell :nervous: He is now fighting for Fellaini not because he is Mourinho's plan B but because he is vital player that revolves around a strict Plan A whether on or off the bench.

He can grind out win I'l give you that but the guys tactics is as stiff as many fan's who jumped on Mourinho soon as he started pushing Martial & Rashford out to the wings to accomadate Ibrahimovic & Lukaku.
If you're to see second coming of Chelsea and Inter teams were set up the same, then thanks for answer my question. As clear answer as one can give.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Well I didn't intend to analyze with one sentence anyway :D. But If Martial, KdB or Salah had received the support that Fellaini has, I don' t believe they would want to leave..
I think there are different reasons for them all leaving though.

Reiliano

Spurs would have to pay him much more than eriksen and Ali. United won't sell to Spurs for a cheap fee and it looks like alderweireld isn't first choice cb for us

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
The world record transfer fee has gone up by around £120mil in that time.

The market is crazy.
OK, but then doesn't that also apply to Toby's potential price? And let's not forget that Toby, in his position is widely regarded as being one of the best, whilst Martial currently is not … although he does have maybe 5 or 6 years more playing time left in his career compared to Toby.

However, I'm more interested to know which CL clubs out there might offer United a better deal than Toby + £15m (let's say, for arguments sake). After all, don't United want/need the players they want - Toby in this case - more than they need money?

Frank Grimes

Manager's will always have favourites, every manager not just Mourinho. The writing has been on the wall for 18 months now, It's a pity because we all wanted Martial to be a top player for us but it wasn't meant to be. Time to move on.

What's important now is getting a CB, RW, LB and another CM wouldn't go amiss. If we do that we will have improved (Martial wasn't a key player afterall).

Canagel

My lad has just woke me up with this news. Absolute disgrace the way our club is being run from the board to the manager. Tosspots..
Our board have no knowledge of football. It's embarrassing that they could possibly let such a talented player leave on their watch. No way this would happen with a dOF in there. I thought the lessons would've been learnt from the Pogba situation but we are doing it again now.

Last edited:

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Coman & Martial. Cmon Bayern, make it happen! :cool:

Mylock

Once again a young player shows his frustration with Jose and you wouldn't blame him with the way he and rashford were treated. Buying a mercenary like sanchez for a position we had covered. Sad reflection on Jose, he's poison tbe way he treats players and will be dropped if we're out of the title race at Christmas.

Reactions: Sultan

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
After the 2006 World Cup when all the talk was about a 21 year old Ronaldo leaving the same things could be said. "Coward" "Has a lot to work on" "Good riddance not strong-willed enough" "How will we move on /s" So many people on here seem to actually not like the most promising forward we have had at the club since Cristiano, seemingly because others fanboy over him? I'm not saying he'll reach anywhere near the same levels as Ronaldo just pointing out the hypocrisy, Ronaldo proved a lot of people wrong as can Martial.

I find it absolutely sickening and a truly bad day for the club when we have brilliant young players leaving whilst we play boring football and look to sign older players for instant success. The sooner Mourinho is out of this club the better, he really does go against everything Manchester United stands for. Don't care who wants to ridicule me for being upset about this one, we'll pay for not valuing this guy I'm very confident of it. feck off Mourinho

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Why on earth would United or anyone pay £75m for Toby, when he also only has 2 years left and he also wants to leave, due to being out of favour with Poch and being benched for many games. And please don’t quote me some nonsense quotes where he says he has 2 years left and he will stay at Spurs if needed. He is 29 years old and his situation is very comparable to Martial actually, so I’d like to know why you value an older defender at £15m more? Also he is available for just £25m in 12 months, so again if he doesn’t sign a new Contract that’s his low value set in stone - no negotiating - United don’t have that same choker around our neck with Martial.
I think maybe you've misunderstood my post. I was valuing Toby at £45m - not £75m. I suggested, for argument's sake Toby + £15m for Martial … not Martial + £15m for Toby.

luke511

The first half of the season consisted of Mourinho playing Rashford over Martial no matter how badly he played and much to the frustration of the fans, with Martial still proving his worth by consistently scoring off the bench. When Mourinho finally realises Rashford is a part of our problem and Martial finally gets his chance to have a consistent run of games he starts scoring consistently as well. Out of nowhere in the middle of Martial's good run of form Mourinho brings in 29 year old Sanchez, drops Martial again and plays Sanchez in his place. since then he didn't get another chance of a consistent run of games for the rest of the season and now we're on the brink of losing our most likely chance of another world class attacker at the age of 22.

Mourinho deserves a lot of shit for this one, when you put the timeline of events involving Martial on paper though it's almost impossible to say it's fair and just treatment. Mourinho's stubbornness has cost him dearly in the past and it looks like things haven't changed. I'm starting to feel like he's going to fade away like Wenger rather than burn out like Ferguson, and it'll be down to his unwillingness to adapt and adjust his tactics and what qualities he prioritises in a player, especially his wingers.

Ahsan_6386

I have a feeling that he is off to Atletico Madrid as Greizmann's replacement since I believe Lemar came in place of Carrasco and that is why this sudden announcement . I believe that they have promised him he will play as the support striker to Costa with freedom to roam . I can only hope that Mourinho and Woodward try and have a talk with him in order to convince him to stay since I believe he really loves the club and gives it another year . Personally I can't blame him for leaving since Mourinho hasn't shown the best of confidence in him . But whatever happens I will always have fine memories of him .

Amir

It's a sad day if such a talented young player as Martial has decided he'll have a better future somewhere else. If you've a manager who can't put together a successful team with Martial in it or at least involved enough to satisfy him at this stage while he develops then you get rid of the manager.
Instead, in a year's time we'll be both with the player and manager.

What a waste.

Rolaholic

Our board have no knowledge of football. It's embarrassing that they could possibly let such a talented player leave on their watch. No way this would happen with a dOF in there.
No talented young attacker with any ambition or sense would want to go to United under current management,it's an absolute shame but that's the present reality

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Was always going to happen eventually. As others have said I'll be disappointed, but if we reinvest it on a top class RW it makes sense. All in for Bale it seems

acnumber9

After the 2006 World Cup when all the talk was about a 21 year old Ronaldo leaving the same things could be said. "Coward" "Has a lot to work on" "Good riddance not strong-willed enough" "How will we move on /s" So many people on here seem to actually not like the most promising forward we have had at the club since Cristiano, seemingly because others fanboy over him? I'm not saying he'll reach anywhere near the same levels as Ronaldo just pointing out the hypocrisy, Ronaldo proved a lot of people wrong as can Martial.

I find it absolutely sickening and a truly bad day for the club when we have brilliant young players leaving whilst we play boring football and look to sign older players for instant success. The sooner Mourinho is out of this club the better, he really does go against everything Manchester United stands for. Don't care who wants to ridicule me for being upset about this one, we'll pay for not valuing this guy I'm very confident of it. feck off Mourinho
I’m not sure you understand what hypocrisy is.

redflash

Why are people having a go at club/Jose? His agent says we want to extend??????

I really don't get this blind loyalty to players fans have. It's like nothing can ever be there fault.

IF (and I stress if) he really wants to leave then "goodbye and thanks for the memories". I don't want a player who doesn't want to be here.

I still hope he stays and gets his head down to turn his undoubted talent into becoming a great.

Ludens the Red

Meh, don't really care. Martial, Rashford, Pogba, Shaw, Fellaini or anyone else "upset" can jog on really.
I've been remembering back to the Fergie days where we would have a beast of a squad, jam
Packed with talent and players would have spells in and out of the team but nobody complained, everyone got on with it. All these pussies in our squad nowadays getting their agents to go crying to the media about this and that.. feck off.

This is our problem and has been for years, the attitude of our players fecking stinks. The amount of self entitled players we have is staggering. We've got Marouane fecking Fellaini playing ransom with us. As in, what the actual feck?

Now is the time to get rid of all the whiney twats so they don't spread their shite.
If you're 20 years old, inconsistent as feck, playing in 75% of Manchester United games and still feel the need to bitch and complain when you don't play, then please feck off..
I don't remember 50 million Bernardo Silva or 50 million John Stones amongst the other talent sat on city's bench most weeks bitching and whining every week or sulking on the pitch.
Liverpool have brought in Keita and Fabinho, how much do you wanna bet nobody out of Liverpool comes out bitching and complaining every week next season.

And I get the media do a lot of shit stirring too (Redknapp, hoddle on Rashford etc. Pogba stuff too) but the fact these players never come out and commit themselves to United says it all really. It'd be so easy to come out and say medias talking shite, I wanna fight for my place. But no, that's not what we get.
"Oh no I don't play every week, oh no the manager told me off, oh no the manager played me wide right instead of wide left"..
fecking soft cnuts.

GM K

Because Martial and even Rashford are not Jose's players - the man has such a strict formations, strict group of players, strict un-adaptable tactics - he tries to consistently use Rashford like a Target man that Lukaku is and Martial as a winger who crosses :lol: The guy is outdated. One of the only idiots who would consistently play Martial on the wing & even drop him when he manages to marginally adapt and do some work on the wings.

You want him to come back and score whilst he is told to hug the touchline :nono:

Mate - Martial may be a poor worker; but Jose has some adapting to do with his tactics. It is that which end's young players careers - Lukaku at RW, De Bryune at RM, Salah as a RM defensive winger :nervous: Man has too much rules to get the best naturally out of players that would be appreciated by 90% of managers that have ambition to play football than purely win like this is a damn business.
And yet he is in the top 5% tie of managers when it comes to winning titles. He must be one incredibly lucky rubbish manager.

el3mel

It's shame to lose him, but people have been acting like the club is doomed once Martial leaves. No one in the club is irreplaceable including the manager and Ed themselves. Take a grip, we can replace any player/manager without much fuss.

C'est Moi Cantona

Wonder who Jose would rather keep, Fellaini or Martial, I certainly know which one if the two who's style he's most comfortable with.

Pyro19

The worst part of all this is what happens if we win nothing next season too (highly likely).

- Jose will definitely be sacked
- De Gea's already started giving veiled interviews that he wants to win trophies
- Martial sold and left with a declining Sanchez who's our HIGHEST paid player by the way
- Ashley fecking young is still our starting left back

The cycle will start all over again and I'm not sure the talent is going to stick around for the newest project.

God forbid if Fellaini decides to stay with us too. We could just about do a Liverpool if this happens once or twice more.

Ban

Funny I thought you get rid of the manager if he underperforms, not if he can't play with a certain player in a team.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Spurs would have to pay him much more than eriksen and Ali. United won't sell to Spurs for a cheap fee and it looks like alderweireld isn't first choice cb for us
I think that's completely unrealistic. Eriksen's value, for example, is way beyond that of Martial's.

vangagal

Didn't he manage to play in a couple of friendlies for Deschamps around the time Sanchez was signed? That boded well for him, I think. Until he was benched for the remainder of the season for the new toy.
Rabiot was also play a lot more than Martial but got declined at WC's squad. Your argument is daft. He just a bench role even last Euro.

fecking hate this. Made all the worse by the fact Sanchez has been next to useless and is nearly 30 already. We're making a huge mistake if we let him go.

Mourinho makes these mistakes (or just insanely bad decisions based on personal grudges) far too often. De Bruyne, Lukaku, and Salah -- three of the very best players in the Premier League last season -- all of whom were sold by Mourinho at Chelsea and play for their three biggest rivals now.
Got nothing than Salah Lukaku KdB argument? Better read the event sequences before blabbering about it.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
All in all it's a pretty sad situation and I've always liked Martial as a player, but I have a very strong dislike of people who would rather play at another club than Manchester United when having the choice.

Also feel that if he basically still has a two year contract we should only let him go for a fee close to a hundred million, he's only 22 and obviously very talented putting out good numbers, why should he cost less than Lukaku last summer?

Imagine Bayern getting him for a bargain price, that would be fecked up :(

Silas

He's only on about £65k per week, so I doubt that. I agree that we won't let Spurs get him easily though.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Status
Not open for further replies.