g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Bouhafsi: Martial wants to leave United

Status
Not open for further replies.

beedoubleyou

Can't see this anything other being a swap deal. No one would offer £50m and change we payed for him.
We didn't pay that, unless he won world player the year and we won some throphys worthy of putting in a clause when I wasn't looking.... Seems unlikely with Jose in charge :lol:

el3mel

If we can replace him with a talented right winger, I think it'll be the best option for everyone, us and him.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
I agree. Which makes it even more bizarre that Sanchez came in and displaced Martial after he found his form during November/December. You can understand why he'd be pissed given he fought Rashford for his place only for Sanchez with questionable form takes his.

Put that to one side, people questioning his desire seem a bit eager to put the boot in when other young players have left Jose teams and developed into world class talents. Martial has probably decided to follow the same route as De Bruyne/Salah and I don't blame him at all. Rashford will have similar problems imo as he isn't a Jose forward either (he doesn't put the defensive duties in just like Martial).

It's disappointing to see one of our young stars frustrated when we're a club that has a tradition of bringing through talent like this and making them flourish into World stars.
I see both sides. I’m disappointed in both Martial and Jose. But players Jose like have a very good work ethic. Despite form they given it their all. I fell Martial just isn’t giving all he has got - not when things aren’t going his way anyway. Players develop at different rates. Ronnie is a different man to 22 than he is the last 5 years.

If Martial is wanting away now, it’s the easier route to take. That’s the sad part.

acnumber9

Cool it lad. It’s my opinion - not a popularity contest. I want willing players at the club, take their chances or work at it. Managers deal a lot with trusting players.

I want him here, he has the talent. But talent only gets you so far. But for all to see he needs to work harder. As poor Sanchez has been at times, he’s worked hard on the pitch. It needs to be part of Martials game, you can’t show flashes and expect to be the key man.

Pogba’s differing form - Jose gets blamed for not dropping him. Martial shows differing form spread across a season - Jose’s fault for not picking him. Same old same old.
I think you’ve misunderstood. I was referring to what his agent said.

automaticflare

I see both sides. I’m disappointed in both Martial and Jose. But players Jose like have a very good work ethic. Despite form they given it their all. I fell Martial just isn’t giving all he has got. Players develop at different rates. Ronnie is a different man to 22 than he is the last 5 years.

If Martial is wanting away now, it’s the easier route to take. That’s the sad part.
Spot on path of least resistance been chosen proves he hasn’t got the bottle for the fight

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
DDG wanted to leave but didn't put a transfer request or anything, Depay is talented but you dont rate him, he's not that good really. So that only leaves Martial.
Where did I say anything about transfer request. Martial didn't put transfer request either. The point is that only young, exciting players who could make it somewhere else want to leave us. Not all of course, but I reckon from last few players that wanted to leave majority were from that crop, and not the likes of Darmian, Rojo, Jones, etc.

kbbear

Again, I really feel the same. Couldn't have said it better. The question that eats at me is why ruin the form of a young player who was doing so well at the time by bringing a player who wasn't needed. I can't help shake the feeling that he did it just to prevent City from getting Sanchez when we should have truly focused on a right winger (Mahrez ?).
The decision to bring Sanchez, as good as he was and is, made little sense, even if he was on a free.
I agree. Then to hear Sanchez say he's found it hard to adjust to the type of play says it all (bet he adjusted his money clip). Sanchez is also known for regularly giving away the ball (Jose berates players for repeating the same mistake). The list of players wanting to play for him must be shrinking. Jose couldn't get his players onside to beat his former out of form team in a cup final. Not impressed!

reddaz71

Just as well Twitter or Redcafe wasn't around when Ferguson got rid of the likes of Ince, Hughes,Kanchelskis, Beckham,Van Nistelrooy, Stam etc!

Moral of the story, not one single player is ever bigger than the club, especially if they have a lazy work ethic and sulky attitude!!

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
epic fail. DDG signed a new fecking contract which is the opposite of Leaving and he is not young. Depay was fecking shite and one of the only unanimous caf consensus on that.

The only young that I wish would leave is Ashley
Epic fail lol

siw2007

Will be very disappointed to see him go. United shouldn’t be losing top young talent. If we replace him with a better young player who could play in a more in need position fair enough, but really not sure we will.

We are a club that prides itself on working with and developing young players. Not all work out but Martial has the talent but we’ve shunted him out of the team when he didn’t deserve it.

wr8_utd

:'(
Spot on path of least resistance been chosen proves he hasn’t got the bottle for the fight
Is it a fight worth fighting? No matter what he does, Alexis will get picked ahead of him. He's useless on the right and he won't be played up top while Lukaku exists. He can't spend these years sitting on the bench watching an inferior player to him stink the place out all season.

ash_86

We didn't pay that, unless he won world player the year and we won some throphys worthy of putting in a clause when I wasn't looking.... Seems unlikely with Jose in charge :lol:
I think it was initial £36m and then three addons of £7.5 each. If my guess is right, we paid two addons already . Third one was the Ballon d'or one

AngliaRed

Take the 50-60 million and put it towards a well established forward eg, grizeman or Bale!

Shame to see him go. If it wasn’t for Sanchez arriving Martial would be in Russia with France now.

AshRK

Gutted if he leaves, one of my favorite outfield players in our squad.

On the other hand, as much as I like martial, I hate the MartialFC crap. Glad they would also leave

Snafu17

You sure? Martial had 11 goals by the end of January. Then Sanchez came and Martial didn't score for the rest of the season. Sanchez scored 3 goals and he was starting pretty much every game. There's a very.good chance Martial would've got 20 if he'd been continued starts off the back of a top January.
Yes, I am sure. There's literally no guarantee. There might have been a good chance that Martial would've gotten 20 but there's equally a decent chance he would fluctuate in form what with him being 22 and yet to have a season as prolific as you suggested. The whole thing is irrelevant anyway because, unless you have an access to a parallel universe, there's no way of knowing. That's my point.

Kag

I see both sides. I’m disappointed in both Martial and Jose. But players Jose like have a very good work ethic. Despite form they given it their all. I fell Martial just isn’t giving all he has got. Players develop at different rates. Ronnie is a different man to 22 than he is the last 5 years.

Staying at United would be far easier. Hang around and chip in here and there, maybe win the odd cup. Pick up obscene wages.

If Martial really wants to cement a spot in a top team then leaving is probably the sensible thing to do.

If Martial leaves it will likely be for less money than what he'd be getting on new terms here. I remember similar rhetoric surrounding Pogba's initial leaving, a decision which turned out to be a good (and brave) one.

Tiber

cant blame him, we have utterly wasted him and will regret it in years to come

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
We have paid roughly £50M so far. €60M is what we've paid - €50M for signing him and €10M for scoring 25 goals at the club. Converts to £52M at the moment but conversion rate would have been different at the time we signed him, the summer after and the time he scored his 25th goal.

beedoubleyou

I think it was initial £36m and then three addons of £7.5 each. If my guess is right, we paid two addons already . Third one was the Ballon d'or one
Doesn't really matter I suppose, at this point we're bankrolling George Lucas to make The Phantom Menace.

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
Where did I say anything about transfer request. Martial didn't put transfer request either. The point is that only young, exciting players who could make it somewhere else want to leave us. Not all of course, but I reckon from last few players that wanted to leave majority were from that crop, and not the likes of Darmian, Rojo, Jones, etc.
De Gea didn't have his agent briefing the press every other month about how unhappy he is and how he wants to leave either.

L1nk

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
He has shit mentality if true. Good riddance.
Martial has been at the same level for 3 years now or however long he’s been here at United. That’s his fault.

Sometimes players need a slap of reality to figure things out. If he does good for him. If he doesn’t well that’s that. Fact of the matter is this is the best possible outcome for United and Martial to both part ways.
Too bad for «Martial FC» :rolleyes:

feck him. The club needs players with stones to fight for their place.
Since Mourinho has been here Martial's been completely shit on lets get it right, if you're going to question his mentality and of course as per take Mourinho's side in everything at least say it how it is.

Faith shown in him a plenty, rewarding us as a young talent should, Ibrahimovic comes in and they just take Martial's number, didn't ask, nothing, agent even said that affected him for a few days but he got on with it, i mean it is just a number is all, still, bit of a slap aint it.

Also i guess you were blinkered the majority of the season, before January he was racking up double digit goals and assists on that left side, more than Hazard at that point i believe, he won 3 player of the month awards and even won January player of the month award. But then Mourinho bought Sanchez, dropped Martial for no reason to accomodate him and relegated him to bit parts, like, why? He was our best player and the left side was our best source od attack just why, really pisses me off when Mourinho does this, he did the same when Shaw started to pick up form as well.

Mourinho's alienated him for no reason, its as simple as that, Martials fighting for a place he can't get, i don't blame him for wanting to leave and actually play, because Mourinho has his little favourites that no matter how shit they play never get dropped. Sanchez hasn't played any better than Martial did last season and quite frankly wasn't even needed, we get to keep onto a player coming into the twilight of their career and get rid of a brilliant talent like Martial. YES! lets all cheer guys, Mourinho is a god he knows what to do, he can do no wrong, its all Martial's fault because he doesn't smile!

Give me a break, honestly. Anyone cheering for such a great young talent wanting to leave is such a Mourinho fanboy its unreal, they'd cheer the selling of the class of 92.

Stubble

The club really needs to employ a psychologist to start analysing players mental attitudes before we purchase. Martial, Shaw and even to some extent Pogba have shown questionable levels of application and fight at times and all seem to suffer from various 'distractions' and/or attitude issues. It's not just about football potential and skill, personality and drive is pivitol for young players. Maybe the club has learned a lesson in that Dalot and Fred both look like proper focussed professionals with a reported hardworking ethic. We need more players like that at the club, I think the manager at least recognises that fact.

Aloysius's Back 3

Why didn't he scored even one (applying Martial's mythical scoring rate to the amount of minutes he got since Alex signing)? Where is the performance equivalent to Alexis vs Tottenham from Martial? Or just one half vs City?

:rolleyes:
Because Martial and even Rashford are not Jose's players - the man has such a strict formations, strict group of players, strict un-adaptable tactics - he tries to consistently use Rashford like a Target man that Lukaku is and Martial as a winger who crosses :lol: The guy is outdated. One of the only idiots who would consistently play Martial on the wing & even drop him when he manages to marginally adapt and do some work on the wings.

You want him to come back and score whilst he is told to hug the touchline :nono:

Mate - Martial may be a poor worker; but Jose has some adapting to do with his tactics. It is that which end's young players careers - Lukaku at RW, De Bryune at RM, Salah as a RM defensive winger :nervous: Man has too much rules to get the best naturally out of players that would be appreciated by 90% of managers that have ambition to play football than purely win like this is a damn business.

James1986

Not really that fussed and dont think anyone else will be when Sanchez has had the summer to rest and get his sharpness back we’ll see Sanchez Is a far superior player who actually tries

No way we’d of come back against city or Tottenham in the cup if we had martial instead of Sanchez playing , just need him doing that regularly

Use the money to get a world class left back and that’s our left sorted for next season

No ones bigger than Utd so goodbye Anthony.

Reactions: Sultan

RedMilo

My lad has just woke me up with this news. Absolute disgrace the way our club is being run from the board to the manager. Tosspots..

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
De Gea didn't have his agent briefing the press every other month about how unhappy he is and how he wants to leave either.
Did it sound to you like I am defending Martial or something like that?

Cloud7

Just as well Twitter or Redcafe wasn't around when Ferguson got rid of the likes of Ince, Hughes,Kanchelskis, Beckham,Van Nistelrooy, Stam etc!

Moral of the story, not one single player is ever bigger than the club, especially if they have a lazy work ethic and sulky attitude!!
You trust those decisions when you trust the manager, if it were fergie selling Martial I would be confident in his decision. Whereas the person selling Martial has led us to the dizzying heights of the league cup and Europa league. No manager is bigger than the club either.

Kag

The club really needs to employ a psychologist to start analysing players mental attitudes before we purchase. Martial, Shaw and even to some extent Pogba have shown questionable levels of application and fight at times and all seem to suffer from various 'distractions' and/or attitude issues. It's not just about football potential and skill, personality and drive is pivitol for young players. Maybe the club has learned a lesson in that Dalot and Fred both look like proper focussed professionals with a reported hardworking ethic. We need more players like that at the club, I think the manager at least recognises that fact.
Perhaps they should employ you. Your ability to interpret the rate at which faces on television exhibit distractions is impressive.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
The fault lies with Tony and Jose.
The simple fact is Jose isn't a manager for young attackers si imo, there's no point persisting with Martial.
Eden Hazard didn’t seem to do too badly under Jose at 22/23 years old? He made Ozil his playmaker at 22 as well. Both players who can hardly be said to be grafters on the field either in terms of defensive work. Yet their attitudes and application obviously aligned with what Jose expected.

ti vu

Is it a fight worth fighting? No matter what he does, Alexis will get picked ahead of him. He's useless on the right and he won't be played up top while Lukaku exists. He can't spend these years sitting on the bench watching an inferior player to him stink the place out all season.
Didn't Martial continue to start with Alexis in the team? Or he just didn't fancy the fight at all at the first sight. Same Martial showed difference during the EURO 2 years ago having to carry different role/ status than the one he was afforded under LVG. That form pretty much stayed for the following season

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Agreed. Literally the last position on the pitch we needed to sign someone was left wing. For most of the first half of the season, we had 2 young players performing really well but needing to be rotated. Yeah they went through little dips of form, and the other would start more in that period, but they generally did well. We wondered how we could fit both in the starting 11, and literally both would be our main source for attack. And then suddenly we buy a 29 year old for that position who doesnt offer the same pace, dribbling, width, etc and completely throws us off, and forces both of them to be benched and fight to be a sub instead of one always starting and the other always being a sub. Idiotic decision.

I was for the Sanchez signing, I'll admit. Think he'll improve next season (surely cant get worse anyway). But that was because I thought he would be used elsewhere. Didnt think Mourinho was that dumb that he'd get rid of Martial for Sanchez basically.
The reason I wasn't over the moon was because I knew Mourinho wasn't gonna use him differently than how he was playing at Arsenal which is nuts when you think about it. Sanchez is at stage of his career, I don't think he would want to play elsewhere than where he is comfortable.

Cathy Ferguson

So far the purchase of Sanchez has not worked out as planned.
If we can replace him with a talented right winger, I think it'll be the best option for everyone, us and him.
I agree. Mou has made his mind up and he prefers Sanchez over Martial. He even prefers an out of form Sanchez over Martial so why would he stay? RW was always going to be the key position to fill. Dembele, or Mbappe of course, would be great signings. Entering the season with Sanchez and Lingard on the flanks would be a bit daft.

Silas

Sanchez away in the derby actually showed a bit of fight and drive.

What did Martial and co show in the chances he got at the seasons end when Lukaku was out? Not much.

Compare Martial to the attitude of Bale.

Bale busted a gut in dead rubbers to get into the Real team. His attitude won them the CL final. Didn't sulk even thought he had a great case to start and came on and won the game for them. (I don't want us to sign Bale btw)
So because Sanchez played well in a couple of games, the others don't matter? If all you can say, after 18 or so appearances, is that he showed fight in a half against City, you can't tell me he's performed.

How many chances did he really get? The last 20 against Chelsea where he did more than most of our attackers and a game against Brighton?

I assume you watch Real's dead rubber matches often? He didn't even get into the starting lineup in the end anyway, so I'm not sure what your point is.

RedMilo

Since Mourinho has been here Martial's been completely shit on lets get it right, if you're going to question his mentality and of course as per take Mourinho's side in everything at least say it how it is.

Faith shown in him a plenty, rewarding us as a young talent should, Ibrahimovic comes in and they just take Martial's number, didn't ask, nothing, agent even said that affected him for a few days but he got on with it, i mean it is just a number is all, still, bit of a slap aint it.

Also i guess you were blinkered the majority of the season, before January he was racking up double digit goals and assists on that left side, more than Hazard at that point i believe, he won 3 player of the month awards and even won January player of the month award. But then Mourinho bought Sanchez, dropped Martial for no reason to accomodate him and relegated him to bit parts, like, why? He was our best player and the left side was our best source od attack just why, really pisses me off when Mourinho does this, he did the same when Shaw started to pick up form as well.

Mourinho's alienated him for no reason, its as simple as that, Martials fighting for a place he can't get, i don't blame him for wanting to leave and actually play, because Mourinho has his little favourites that no matter how shit they play never get dropped. Sanchez hasn't played any better than Martial did last season and quite frankly wasn't even needed, we get to keep onto a player coming into the twilight of their career and get rid of a brilliant talent like Martial. YES! lets all cheer guys, Mourinho is a god he knows what to do, he can do no wrong, its all Martial's fault because he doesn't smile!

Give me a break, honestly. Anyone cheering for such a great young talent wanting to leave is such a Mourinho fanboy its unreal, they'd cheer the selling of the class of 92.
Completely agree couldn't put it better myself - Top reply

Status
Not open for further replies.