Bouhafsi: Martial wants to leave United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silas

Jose dropped Pogba.

He will drop any player not performing.
So you're telling me Sanchez has been performing? :lol: Was Lukaku performing when he couldn't hit a barn door for 10 games or so in the middle of the season?

wr8_utd

:'(
I feel the same. Cannot wait for him to be gone
Hated the man at Chelsea and Madrid and I think I hate him even more now. It's fun to watch when he's destroying other clubs with the disharmony he creates but not so much when its our club he's ruining. It's not even like he's winning anything to justify his shit football and decisions.

beingshe7don

If I were Martial I'd definitely leave, he's not going to get game time ahead of hardworking veteran Sanchez under Jose. Not like he was even a regular before Sanchez's arrival
The only way I'm going to be fine with Martial leaving is if we get Mbappe or Dembele to take over. I personally prefer Dembele. However, Mbappe is properly more gettable if we throw Martial in to get Mbappe who can function on the right.

Sanchez ---- Lukaku ---- Mbappe

Not a bad front three for next season

Starkie_1

Affluent and Likeminded
Meh. Should be arsed about this, cracking talent but that’s exsctly what he is and has been for 3 years. Talent. Not progressed at all despite numerous opportunities no matter what his fans say about Jose. He’s not taken chances time after time and has always had a questionable mentality. Happy if it proves to be false claims and he stays and fights but don’t think he has it in him. Shame as he was incredible that first season.

Reynoldo

Counting on that is ridiculous though. No club should function like that. Oh lets loan a player and see if we'll sack the manager soon.
It is ridiculous, doesn't mean it might not be a shrewd move though.

wr8_utd

Exactly.
I wish he had a meltdown during preseason. That would be golden.
Maybe he'll at last lose the dressing room.
Only way he woudn't be our manager next season is if we'd failed to make the Top 4. He's here to stay for this season unfortunately. He will eventually lose the dressing room though.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Jose will anyway be gone by the end of the year. Just loan Martial out for the year bloody hell. Can't believe we're going to lose this sort of talent for goddamn Mourinho. Detest that man.
Been a while.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
With Son, the question might be who would buy him this summer. And I'd think there'd be plenty of interest if he was put up sale, though this would potentially only happen if Martial was coming to Spurs.
He would need to report for 2 year military service before the end of 2019. As good as Son has been, you're unlikely to get much for him with the military service thing hanging over his head. A team would get one season out of him then lose him for two. You wouldn't get the £22M you spent on him.

MonkeysMagic

Its probably the best solution for both parties. Martial has def stagnated and both Jose and he himself are to blame.

But he leaves on our terms, if Levy wants him £75m and not a penny less...but Id take a swap with Sandro or Bale.

Cloud7

Let’s sell our second most talented player and get someone in who puts in a shift.

The Mourinho machine adds another key cog.

el3mel

Shame but if it's his decision it can't be helped. There's life after Martial, Mourinho and any one in the club anyway.

Ban

Only way he woudn't be our manager next season is if we'd failed to make the Top 4. He's here to stay for this season unfortunately. He will eventually lose the dressing room though.
That will happen surely. I think he has been loosing it for months now. It's brewing and it will be an epic meltdown. And I'll be sure to bring the popcorn.

saivet

Not even bothered by this. Not because I don't rate him, but this has clearly been on the cards for a while.

I don't agree with how Mourinho has selected or uses many of our players, but he's the manager, so got to get used to it as he'll be here next season.

fellaini's barber

The only way I'm going to be fine with Martial leaving is if we get Mbappe or Dembele to take over. I personally prefer Dembele. However, Mbappe is properly more gettable if we throw Martial in to get Mbappe who can function on the right.

Sanchez ---- Lukaku ---- Mbappe

Not a bad front three for next season
And if Mbappe goes to shit like all our attackers and Sanchez puts in the same type of performances like last season?

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Hated the man at Chelsea and Madrid and I think I hate him even more now. It's fun to watch when he's destroying other clubs with the disharmony he creates but not so much when its our club he's ruining. It's not even like he's winning anything to justify his shit football and decisions.
Again, I really feel the same. Couldn't have said it better. The question that eats at me is why ruin the form of a young player who was doing so well at the time by bringing a player who wasn't needed. I can't help shake the feeling that he did it just to prevent City from getting Sanchez when we should have truly focused on a right winger (Mahrez ?).
The decision to bring Sanchez, as good as he was and is, made little sense, even if he was on a free.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The fault lies with Tony and Jose.
The simple fact is Jose isn't a manager for young attackers si imo, there's no point persisting with Martial.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
I particularly like the reference to the three player of the months he won. His agent must post on here with shite like that. Winning an online popularity contest is relevant somehow. I hope for his sake that wasn’t part of he contract negotiations.
Cool it lad. It’s my opinion - not a popularity contest. I want willing players at the club, take their chances or work at it. Managers deal a lot with trusting players.

I want him here, he has the talent. But talent only gets you so far. But for all to see he needs to work harder. As poor Sanchez has been at times, he’s worked hard on the pitch. It needs to be part of Martials game, you can’t show flashes and expect to be the key man.

Pogba’s differing form - Jose gets blamed for not dropping him. Martial shows differing form spread across a season - Jose’s fault for not picking him. Same old same old.

Aloysius's Back 3

Football doesn't work like that. The circumstances would be different. For example, bottom of table clubs especially those who fight to stay up would be more pragmatic and harder to break down toward the end of the season. Martial is more efficient as impact player than as 90 minute player. There is other thing to do beside goals especially in tight game.
Though Martial could have scored the 3 goals Sanchez would have scored that is for sure :rolleyes:

Fooza

:(

All I'll say is I hope this doesn't backfire spectacularly; in 1 year time Martial becomes the player we all think he'll turn someday and Mourinho ends up getting sacked.

wr8_utd

Again, I really feel the same. Couldn't have said it better. The question that eats at me is why ruin the form of a young player who was doing so well at the time by bringing a player who wasn't needed. I can't help shake the feeling that he did it just to prevent City from getting Sanchez when we should have truly focused on a right winger (Mahrez ?).
The decision to bring Sanchez, as good as he was and is, made little sense, even if he was on a free.
Unless Alexis really improves this year, it's a move that's caused us so much damage. Our football got worse, Alexis was useless and it ruined Martial who was coming into form and having a good season.

Skills

Snitch
Biggest winning mentality in football apparently :lol:

beedoubleyou

Well I'd rather have no Sanchez or Mourinho instead of losing Martial, but might just have to wait until Jose slumps off to China, the Middle East or international management after next season instead.

You never know. Jose might get a second wind :lol:

We sold Rooney and now we're stuck with his managerial equivalent :lol:

Devil may care

Sadly this has felt inevitable given how the toxic manager has treat him, another blow, I'm sure we'll replace him with Willian.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
So you're telling me Sanchez has been performing? :lol: Was Lukaku performing when he couldn't hit a barn door for 10 games or so in the middle of the season?
Sanchez away in the derby actually showed a bit of fight and drive.

What did Martial and co show in the chances he got at the seasons end when Lukaku was out? Not much.

Compare Martial to the attitude of Bale.

Bale busted a gut in dead rubbers to get into the Real team. His attitude won them the CL final. Didn't sulk even thought he had a great case to start and came on and won the game for them. (I don't want us to sign Bale btw)

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Not that fussed. Would have liked for him to have stayed, but I don't think he has the attitude to graft his way into to the starting line up when there is this strength in depth.

He needs this move more than we need him.

ti vu

Though Martial could have scored the 3 goals Sanchez would have scored that is for sure :rolleyes:
Why didn't he scored even one (applying Martial's mythical scoring rate to the amount of minutes he got since Alex signing)? Where is the performance equivalent to Alexis vs Tottenham from Martial? Or just one half vs City?

:rolleyes:

The Don

Metrosexual Candy Shagger
Dayman, ahhhahhhahh, fighter of the nightman
Maybe this is Mourinho's fault, maybe it's Martial's. The truth, I suspect, lies somewhere in between. The facts are, though, that Martial is an exciting young player with the potential to reach a very high level. We should be looking to keep players like that happy and keep them at the club. I mean Mourinho publicly bent over backwards in his efforts to convince Fellaini to stay, yet from what I can see, hasn't really put enough faith in Martial.
I guess the two just aren't compatible. It happens, all the time, actually but it is concerning that this could become a trend. Losing exciting, talented young players in favour of experienced workhorses.

I'm disappointed because Martial is one of the only truly exciting players we have in the squad. Pogba is another but his flair/style of play also seems to be causing problems with the manager.

I like Mourinho and will continue to back him, as log as he is our manager but I am worried that he is trying to build an experienced, hard working, functional team, rather than an exciting, attacking, dynamic team.

ash_86

Can't see this anything other being a swap deal. No one would offer £50m and change we payed for him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Agreed. Literally the last position on the pitch we needed to sign someone was left wing. For most of the first half of the season, we had 2 young players performing really well but needing to be rotated. Yeah they went through little dips of form, and the other would start more in that period, but they generally did well. We wondered how we could fit both in the starting 11, and literally both would be our main source for attack. And then suddenly we buy a 29 year old for that position who doesnt offer the same pace, dribbling, width, etc and completely throws us off, and forces both of them to be benched and fight to be a sub instead of one always starting and the other always being a sub. Idiotic decision.

I was for the Sanchez signing, I'll admit. Think he'll improve next season (surely cant get worse anyway). But that was because I thought he would be used elsewhere. Didnt think Mourinho was that dumb that he'd get rid of Martial for Sanchez basically.

Jojo <3 Mou

So many clubs interested apparently.... let's see who will spend 60-70M£ and not a penny less.

Any money should be invested in the team

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Don't blame him under the circumstances but we'll be losing our best LW and only player that can take fullbacks on.

Status
Not open for further replies.