Bouhafsi: Martial wants to leave United

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueHaze

Once we signed Alexis that was it for Martial, with Lukaku as our main man the only position Martial could do well in was on the left, and thats Alexis best side as well so it was common sense.
Now if Alexis did well I would give feck all about this but there is one big problem, Alexis has been fecking useless and we are now casting aside 2 massively great talents in Martial and Rashford to accomodate a 29 year old who quite obviously is past his best.

What will happen to Rashford then, is he gonna be shipped of as well? Mou made a massive mistake, we should have just let city get Alexis, now we are stuck with him and his fat wages and are losing a great talent because of it. Alexis can shut me up by performing good next season but I can almost guarantee that will not be the case.

Deleted member 101472

Are people forgetting how easy mourinho dealt with the Rooney situation? If Sanchez doesn't perform he'll be out the team, sure it would be nice to have the player some people think martial can be to replace him but we'll be fine.

TsuWave

Well Pogba wanted a regular place in the team and wasn’t going to get it. This is what he said from his own mouth and was justified when he would not even get picked for Micky mouse games.

So it’s the same situation where a player throws a sulk because they feel entitled and wants to leave.

No amount of green smileys will change that fact.

Don’t let the facts stop you though...
so we went from "ferguson got rid" to "pogba chose to leave", is it oochiee wally wally or is it one mic? make up your mind, i know you're into creative writing but at least choose a path.

pogba left because he felt he was ready and he wasn't getting opportunities, united and ferguson tried to keep him, he rejected the offer and chose to leave, he was justified and proven right in doing so because he became a hit at juve to the point we broke the world transfer record to bring him back. these are the facts.

you are spending your time on redcafe banging your keyboard writing weird fanfiction about players' attitudes and work ethic, which is stuff you absolutely pulled from your ass. i sincerely hope you are not an adult, or at the very least that you are inebriated, as those are the only things i can come up with to explain such odd behaviour.

go get some sleep man

GM K

Find a good left back, get one more creative midfielder, get a ball playing center back, give Martial to Juve and get Dybala or send him to Real and get Bale. We'll win the league.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
Gonna sell a non-starter in Martial for a starter quality fee and use it to sign a starter in other positions of need.

I’ll take that anytime of the week.

TsuWave

Why are Bayern, Real Madrid or Barca not after a exciting 22yr old player with Ballon d'or potential? Martial at this moment is not ready to start for any of the top clubs and he shouldn't be starting for us rightfully so. If he does not have the patience, then good luck to him.
i always found the "why aren't xyz clubs in for this player" a flawed argument when used to dismiss/assess (in a negative light) said player's ability...

Fauzan

Not surprised, it's the best for his career. And I don't buy this argument of oh he has bad attitude or weak mentality.
No one talks about it when he was playing well in a system that suited him more.

He started the season behind in pecking order but quickly showed his qualities as a sub, and has time and again showed he works in a system which links up well.

Mid way through the season he had done a good job, with whatever little scrapes he could find and soon found himself further behind when Sanchez came in (who btw doesn't get dropped for Martial when he played badly many times). Rashford, our marathon runner starts getting more game time god knows why and it's clear he's ahead of Martial in the pecking order - which makes no sense at all.

Don't think Martial had won 3 player of the month awards from us for his looks. Everyone keeps harping about Sanchez on RW and Martial on LW might work but this never gets a run - Sanchez keeps getting his place playing well below par. Why wasn't he dropped?

Jose sold Mkh, who was a top player because he needed attacking intent around him and didn't function in a static, archaic system. Martial is also within the same bracket. I don't buy this bad attitude problem at all - whenever a player wants to leave/is unsettled.

Let's put all efforts to renew Fellaini and force our Martial to focus on an aging Sanchez and for a player who was EASILY worse than Martial in his all round game, but kept himself ahead of him throughout the season. I'd be pissed too, and look elsewhere. If he leaves I wish he sets the world alight, like we all thought soon enough after his joining as him being the real deal.

Jose can't seem to make the squad stick, and throws his players under and needs scapegoats. This is one example as well! I wouldn't want to fight if I'm given inconsistent sub appearances, while players ahead of me are equally as bad or if not worse (Rashford case in point).

Still want to retain him but sadly feel it's the end of the road (Good call for his career because Jose would run him further with treatment like this).

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
This one falls on Mourinho unfortunately. He was one of the hottest properties in world football after his debut season. In Jose's 3 seasons here I can barely remember Martial stringing 3 successive starts together. He's clearly behind Alexis, Rashford & Lingard in Jose's plans, and unlike Mata, isn't content with being backup.

I see this being another De Bruyne / Salah like blemish on Jose's record in a few years unfortunately.

GM K

Once we signed Alexis that was it for Martial, with Lukaku as our main man the only position Martial could do well in was on the left, and thats Alexis best side as well so it was common sense.
Now if Alexis did well I would give feck all about this but there is one big problem, Alexis has been fecking useless and we are now casting aside 2 massively great talents in Martial and Rashford to accomodate a 29 year old who quite obviously is past his best.

What will happen to Rashford then, is he gonna be shipped of as well? Mou made a massive mistake, we should have just let city get Alexis, now we are stuck with him and his fat wages and are losing a great talent because of it. Alexis can shut me up by performing good next season but I can almost guarantee that will not be the case.
It's way too early to write off a player of Sanchez's quality. He had a poor and somewhat bitter ending to his Arsenal careerand had lost form before he joined us. He came in mid season and has not had a summer break in a while. How can we write him off so quickly? Let him get good rest and we'll see a new Sanchez next season.

SamVimes

Really not surprised by this. Had reduced opportunities last season, especially after Sanchez came in. How can he kick on if he is not getting the chance, and when he does is expected to perform immediately. You just can't seem to develop young attacking players.

Frank Grimes

This one falls on Mourinho unfortunately. He was one of the hottest properties in world football after his debut season. In Jose's 3 seasons here I can barely remember Martial stringing 3 successive starts together. He's clearly behind Alexis, Rashford & Lingard in Jose's plans, and unlike Mata, isn't content with being backup.

I see this being another De Bruyne / Salah like blemish on Jose's record in a few years unfortunately.
Jose has only had 2 seasons at United.

J_XO

Quite sad to see how much we have begged Fellaini to stay yet we have been messing Martial about for months

BlueHaze

It's way too early to write off a player of Sanchez's quality. He had a poor and somewhat bitter ending to his Arsenal careerand had lost form before he joined us. He came in mid season and has not had a summer break in a while. How can we write him off so quickly? Let him get good rest and we'll see a new Sanchez next season.
Only thing I can say is I hope you are right man. I expect much more from a Man Utd #7 and especially from someone like Alexis who has played in the league for years and proven to be a great player, but from what I've seen so far its been a massive disappointment. He's also turning 30 in 6 months, and that certainly won't help

fellaini's barber

The worst part of all this is what happens if we win nothing next season too (highly likely).

- Jose will definitely be sacked
- De Gea's already started giving veiled interviews that he wants to win trophies
- Martial sold and left with a declining Sanchez who's our HIGHEST paid player by the way
- Ashley fecking young is still our starting left back

The cycle will start all over again and I'm not sure the talent is going to stick around for the newest project.

God forbid if Fellaini decides to stay with us too. We could just about do a Liverpool if this happens once or twice more.
We most likely won't win the league next season, Jose will definitely get fired, the declining Sanchez will run down his contract as no one will pay him anything close to the ridiculous wages he earns here. Its all rather depressing. In two years time we'll be trying to replace Sanchez and Martial might be tearing shit up somewhere else which the Jose fan group will attribute to him being in an easier league etc till an EPL team buys him in 3 years time, you heard here first

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Very disappointed with this development but completely expected.

Wish Martial all the best if or when he leaves and I dread Mourinho will have another KdB or Salah on his hands here.

ArsenalBrett66

Supports
Arsenal
Sucks, I'd of loved him at the arsenal, We just wouldn't have enough to give the 50-70m you'd want to be honest, he's worth that. Wages we'd of been good though. United should do everything they can to keep him, fantastic player on his day.

J_XO

If Wenger hadn’t retired he would have definitely move mountains to get Martial

roseguy64

Seriously though, am I going crazy or something? Martial was starting after Sanchez joined until he got injured and missed a few games, that's when he "lost his place". His place that he didn't even have before that because he was mostly rotation.

He started 3 of the 4 league games after Sanchez joined until he got injured.
Well, this is probably late but we signed Sanchez on January 22.
The first match after was against Yeovil where Martial wasn't involved but Sanchez started.
The next match was against Spurs and both Martial and Sanchez started.
After that was Newcastle with both of them again.
After that, we had matches against Huddersfield and Sevilla where Sanchez started but Martial didn't.

So Martial started two of the first 3 Sanchez games and the first he missed was probably an injury.

Member 90887

This thread is depressing, he wants to feck off people, stop defending him without even having the full context, getting arguments out of your asses! it wasn't just about playing time, it was mainly about contrat terms!

That's part of the interview:

"I think that when Manchester United, which is the most powerful club in the world it must be remembered, do not find an agreement in eight months of negotiations, it is because they do not really want to make him an important member of the team. That's the root of this decision. It is a well-considered decision."
I'm gonna feck off of this thread, because it's pathetic.

Mainoldo

Annoying it doesn’t seem like a solution was possible, hopefully not KDB mk2
Hopefully not? What’s Martial done to you? All the best to him he’s just as talented if not more talented than KDB. I hope he becomes what we would have eventually paid Monaco for.

extincti fugax hominum

How surprising :rolleyes:

Let's sign one of the superstars of Perisic, Mandzukic and Arnautovic and be done with it. I want to quote myself from his performance thread last night :

I really hope he stays but even if he does not, we should definitely get the highest possible amount for him. For comparison's sake; if Dembele is valued at 150 m €, Coutinho at 160 m € and Lemar (nearly the same age, same position etc.) at 65 m €, then we should get at least around 100 m € for Martial who i think is a much better player than Lemar.
Just don't sell him to a Premier League club (if Levy or Chelsea are interested they can have him for 300 m though as they like to do the same) and get the maximum amount for him. I like the arrogance in the thread btw. Dunno how many years it will take to catch the likes of City, Real Madrid, Bayern etc. with Lingard, Young, Valencia etc. though as we are already well behind in terms of squad quality.

Fauzan

11 goals and 10 assists playing off scrapes in 5 months, then gets shut out and never given a run of starts.

When he gets game time is either in second string mostly, or in the last 15 minutes in a tiring unit which cannot create anything anyway. Then when he under performs, everyone says oh he's not the Martial we thought he'd turn out to be. That's crap.

You don't develop players like this. It's on Jose, no two ways about it. I'd rather send Rashford on loan (he's way more raw and inconsistent in his all round game) and promise Martial more game time next season than the scenario developing.

RedStarUnited

The first match after was against Yeovil where Martial wasn't involved but Sanchez started.
After that, we had matches against Huddersfield and Sevilla where Sanchez started but Martial didn't.

So Martial started two of the first 3 Sanchez games and the first he missed was probably an injury.
People always say this but forget to add that Martial had to play from the right in those games against Spurs and Newcastle. A position he has pretty much never played in, most of his career. The annoying part is, Sanchez has actually played on the right and did pretty well.

A lot of the excitement for Signing Sanchez was probably due to people thinking he was coming to play right wing. If people thought Sanchez was coming in to play LW, Im not sure everyone would have been so eager for the move.

Mainoldo

On the right. Your not blind, you know exactly where the problem was.

Lucas Hood!!

No problem with him wanting to leave. He's not playing enough for us.

He'll turn into a great player if he moves on though unfortunately for us.

Sherry33

Just don't sell him to a Premier League club (if Levy or Chelsea are interested they can have him for 300 m though as they like to do the same) and get the maximum amount for him. I like the arrogance in the thread btw. Dunno how many years it will take to catch the likes of City, Real Madrid, Bayern etc. with Lingard, Young, Valencia etc. though as we are already well behind in terms of squad quality.
Yeah thats why we gave you Mata and Matic at reasonable price. If Chelsea want him, I hope United have any shame left and deal with us fair like we did.

Mainoldo

Can we try getting mbappe now ?
We can’t get a tune out of Martial you think Mbappe is going to be much of an improvement? He still needs development and an attacking team to play in. He said himself he wouldn’t come to us because of Martial’s progress.

E-mal

Jose is not the right manager for him, let the and the club move on.

Jojo <3 Mou

So he ultimately gave it the green light.. but had nothing at all to do with the transfer? :confused: When did he state this by the way? The only quote I remember is, "If a top player becomes available, you get him."
So Woodward just went behind Mourinho's back and brought in a player he didn't really want? Where did you read this?
Mourinho: "My involvement in the situation is just to say the reasons why I would like to have the player and no more than that, I'm out."

He obviously supported the deal. Why would he? Sanchez is a proven star player.

To reject Sanchez for the promise of Martial/Rashford is somewhat foolhardy. They all can/could fit in the team if people work hard, are flexible and remain patient.

Darlington Padgett

He posted a picture with some kids with a psi kit on. It might be nothing but its on his instagram story.

Silas

Mourinho: "My involvement in the situation is just to say the reasons why I would like to have the player and no more than that, I'm out."

He obviously supported the deal. Why would he? Sanchez is a proven star player.

To reject Sanchez for the promise of Martial/Rashford is somewhat foolhardy. They all can/could fit in the team if people work hard, are flexible and remain patient.
So basically, he said nothing like "I had nothing to do with the deal," which was the big point that you were trying to make. Cheers.

Loublaze

ATLien
Thanks Mourinho. Which 29 year old player will United turn to as a replacement?

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
Don't care as long as we bring in a WC RW. He's been a disappointment. Sure he'll do well elsewhere, but he's not cut the mustard with us unfortunately.
Yep agreed, shame for someone so young who has so much potential but simply he didn't hard work enough to make it here. If he really wants he will make it to the top but maybe needs a different manager who can push his motivation and a different club/league. If not he will become Ben Arfa vol.2... too much talentnot to make it as an elite footballer but not enough to make it to the very top.

If he goes than I expect we will reinvest that money elsewhere Mahrez would be a good replacement and if we could get Willian for cheap as well we would have some top options for both flanks Sanchez/Rashford and Mahrez/Willian with two players available to play in the middle but at least one top class player must come in

Yagami

Good post resistant
Hopefully he goes abroad and tears it up. I'd love to watch him play in a consistent basis again.

If Fekir does end up moving then Lyon could be a great move for him as Memphis took to the central position like a duck to water when Fekir got injured leaving the left side free. Lyon are also developing their young starters very well in Mariano, Memphis, Traoré, Aouar and Tete. Ndombele too, though he's only on loan.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
If Martial had performed better and been more on than off, do you think we'd signed Sanchez? I don't.
Mourinho has seen Martial in matches and training for 2 seasons, if the guy had been as good as people on here think, he'd play more, and we wouldn't have bought Sanchez.
And to be fair to Sanchez, he had a couple MotM performances, like against City, to mention one. Think it has more to do with new teammates and tactics, than him actually being bad.
He was called the best player in the league when we signed him, it's not like he turned shit in 3 days, I'm pretty sure he'll be great for us with a full pre-season.

Red_toad

Quite sad to see how much we have begged Fellaini to stay yet we have been messing Martial about for months
Messing him around how exactly? He's been offered an extension and decided against it. No one has begged Fellaini to stay, Jose has just stated he's prefer to keep him and hopes he stays. He also made a similar regarding Martial, but as he's not going to leave for nothing, then the media didn't hype it up.
I do hope for a change of heart with Martial, but looks like he's gone, so lets get a good deal from Juve or PSG.

Status
Not open for further replies.