Brandon Williams England flag

2021-22 Performances

View full 2021-22 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Williams is ok, but United would never want to buy him, would they? I think there’s no harm selling most of these young players at the point their value is up. You can put buy-backs in, but there’d unlikely be a point where United would seriously be regretting letting Brandon Williams go for 15-20 million. Laird looks better and you could probably buy Djed Spence with the Williams money.

At the same time, the rest of your full backs are shocking, but the solution isn’t Brandon Williams. Shaw can probably be sorted if he drops 10 kilograms and gets told to stop talking to the press.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He’s absolutely not good enough at the moment. Compare him to what we are trying to catch up to? A well run club sells this lad with our very best wishes and keeps close tabs on him. look at lamptey and livramento? Both better. Both not getting a sniff at Chelsea. Same with Gallagher and Gilmour at Norwich, compare them to Garner. We have fans calling for Garner to get a spot next year after a good season in the championship and a cup run when in reality he needs to play well and keep improving for another few years before a team as big as Utd would have any real use for him beyond padding out the squad and eventually being sold for less than we will get for him now. McT is another example of a player with a limited ceiling being in over his head. He’s a mid table starter at best even after all the experience he’s gathered here. To start for Utd you need to be one of, if not the best in the country/world in your position for your age. None of the above players are close to that

Jezpeza

He’s absolutely not good enough at the moment. Compare him to what we are trying to catch up to? A well run club sells this lad with our very best wishes and keeps close tabs on him. look at lamptey and livramento? Both better. Both not getting a sniff at Chelsea. Same with Gallagher and Gilmour at Norwich, compare them to Garner. We have fans calling for Garner to get a spot next year after a good season in the championship and a cup run when in reality he needs to play well and keep improving for another few years before a team as big as Utd would have any real use for him beyond padding out the squad and eventually being sold for less than we will get for him now. McT is another example of a player with a limited ceiling being in over his head. He’s a mid table starter at best even after all the experience he’s gathered here. To start for Utd you need to be one of, if not the best in the country/world in your position for your age. None of the above players are close to that
i dont think anyones arguing he should be a starter i just think that many would prefer him as a second choice to Shaw. And Garner could be a squad option but obviously not a starter. Tbf We have been buying £54m midfielders who have barely been good enough as squad options and i think everyone wants to move towards us spending wisely and promoting youth where possible. MCT and Fred is like shit and shitter but at least one was free.

you are right though - its like when people view tuanzabe as a prospect etc and are almost waiting for him to come good. Hes the same age as Ruben Dias and clearly not good enough. Get rid

Blood Mage

He's done well at Norwich but he's still not good enough and we should cash in while his stock is relatively high. We need to start making money from players rather than keeping them on our bench and paying them big wages until they stagnate and lose their value.

hobbers

He'll never be United quality but Telles has been so poor defensively I dont think we'd suffer if we made Williams backup next season.

Only if someone gives us a decent offer for Telles mind. Any decent offer comes in for Telles or Williams we should take it and run.

gorky_utd

Should be sold for a decent fee after a good loan spell. But you never know with the clueless management.

lex talionis

It comes down to priorities. Three seasons from now I wouldn't be surprised if a single regular starter today is no longer a regular starter, but LB and RB are not our top priorities to address.

Shaw can return to a very high form, should he commit to addressing his weight problem. He's a solid first team starter, but we'll need to upgrade on him in 2-3 years max. As for a backup, Telles is 29 and needs to find club where he'll be a regular starter. I'm comfortable with Williams as his backup. He actually looked the part when he broke into the first time.

Gandalf

Hard to understand the logic here. Consensus seems to be he is not good enough but that we can sell him for a decent fee and yet if he is as poor as we seem to be saying that fee is going to be peanuts. Outside of decent ability in dead ball situations Telles is clearly inferior in every way and actually does have some real value as he fits the style of La Liga. I cannot see us buying a new LB this summer so we are looking at Shaw and a backup and I would much rather have the faster, younger, more aggressive and cheaper option. I doubt keeping Brandon another season will impact his value much one way or another but the Telles fee ought to be a significant chunk towards a new signing we need.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
I like the kid but he is not good enough for a top club. He will still probably have a decent career in football.
Failing that he could be a decent model as well, good looking guy!

hobbers

What an absolute stinker he had today.

Telles and Williams need shipping on pronto.

EdinburghDevil

If we're looking for a young LB to deputise for Shaw next season, I'd sell Williams and Telles and take a punt on Hickey from Bologna. Likely get him for sub £10m.

I know McT is a Scotland regular so the bar isn't that high, but Hickey would be a regular at LB for Scotland and the age of 19 if he wasn't competing with Robertson and Tierney.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I like the kid but he is not good enough for a top club. He will still probably have a decent career in football.
Failing that he could be a decent model as well, good looking guy!
Signed a four year 3 million per season contract.

Castia

The type of player we should be selling and using the money to strengthen elsewhere

Redlyn

How much do you think we'd get for him? Not much strengthening to be done with that
Not given how we buy and sell.
Around 8-10m I reckon. If we bought players like properly run clubs do, it could pay a quarter of a decent player. But we only know how to go for the most expensive option. Eg Leicester buys a cheap player and we now take him off their hands for a liver and two legs 2 seasons later. Rinse and repeat.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Not given how we buy and sell.
Around 8-10m I reckon. If we bought players like other clubs do, it could pay a quarter of a decent player. But we only know how to go for the most expensive option. Eg Leicester buys a cheap player and we now take him off their hands for a liver and two legs 2 seasons later. Rinse and repeat.
That's not really true, is it? James, Pellistri weren't exactly overpriced worldbeaters

AshRK

Smart club would sell him and make some profit but at United we get emotionally attached to every academy players. He should be sold and let him grow at some other club.

Redlyn

That's not really true, is it? James, Pellistri weren't exactly overpriced worldbeaters
Those were 18 yr olds. Yes we buy youth players. I am talking about decently priced experienced players who can directly contribute to our first team. Like mane, fabinho, Diaz etc did for their teams.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Those were 18 yr olds. Yes we buy youth players. I am talking about decently priced experienced players who can directly contribute to our first team. Like mane, fabinho, Diaz etc did for their teams.
So more like Varane and VDB? It's annoying that Diaz is as good as he is, but most people were absolutely convinced by VDB. Unfortunately, there's no magical formula to transfers

Redlyn

So more like Varane and VDB? It's annoying that Diaz is as good as he is, but most people were absolutely convinced by VDB. Unfortunately, there's no magical formula to transfers
Yes, we need to focus on those type of signings, and if we do even small outgoings can help to pay for that. Some won't work out but generally we need to be bringing in medium-priced players who have quality.

Castia

How much do you think we'd get for him? Not much strengthening to be done with that
Probably 10-15m or so given his age but if we’d sold all our squad players that aren‘t good enough it will be a decent sum.

Williams and Pereira for example would bring in 25m-30m. Lingard and Bailly would be another 35m or so. Henderson and Teles would be 40m these players should be gone.

BehemothTerror

Wouldnt mind him in a squad role tbh but no where near good enough for starting 11. One of the main things I remember about him last season was him getting rinsed repeatedly by Bowen against West Ham. If we can get more than 8 million we should take it hands down with a buy back or sell on.

Jaykespeare88

Remeber Old gave him a few starts at RB, very unconvincing, and weirdly kept cutting in to the left, can't go round the outside of a man to save his life.

pascell

Wouldnt mind him in a squad role tbh but no where near good enough for starting 11. One of the main things I remember about him last season was him getting rinsed repeatedly by Bowen against West Ham. If we can get more than 8 million we should take it hands down with a buy back or sell on.
£12m with a buy back for £20m which only activates in '24 or '25 would be a sound deal. He's never gonna be United quality.

AgentSmith

Feel like his attitude is the only reason I'd want him back, which is just a sad indictment on the squad and an indication that Williams isn't good enough overall. Telles is so bad that he feels like a better option though.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Feel like his attitude is the only reason I'd want him back, which is just a sad indictment on the squad and an indication that Williams isn't good enough overall. Telles is so bad that he feels like a better option though.
This is the same fella with a big medallion with his initials on it when he's done the grand total of feck all in the game. Yeah it seems to me his attitude is why I don't want him never mind the fact he's not good enough

Danish Wizard

He has been superb for Norwich this season. A loan that really paid of.
As I see it, United has two options really.
A) Keep him and actually give him playing time along another left back.
B) Sell him.

No point in keeping him at Old Trafford next season, after a great season now where his stocks high, just to let him sit in the stands or play 5 minutes in the League Cup. Just as Lingard last season, horrible decision by the club.

MalaysianRed7

He got abuse, so gave the middle finger to….the club?

Yeah, sell. We don’t need any more of these people, let alone players.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Footy fans following him home for having a poor game. My word what is wrong with people? Norwich were already relegated before today as well which makes it even stranger.

Status
Not open for further replies.