Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

El-Manos

It’s hard to translate drunk - but I think he’s saying the fact they did it second means it matters less, that Rio is a total sellout and a fake supporter who is enjoying them winning far too much, that him being drunk on Instagram is getting more attention than City winning the treble because they’re a nothing club and then he’s suggested he should have his own podcast. Oh and in between all that he did a poll asking if he should continue. All in all I’d say it has definitely been his best performance in some time.
The highlight of his United career safe to say. Thanks for translating mate.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
On the bag, ruining his "career".

Fast forward 2 years, he'll be playing for some league 2 club.

Dan_F

I have to admit, I saw his IG story before coming to the thread. It made me laugh. The same people that criticise players using PR teams for social media are probably now annoyed at this too.

He clearly a United fan and didn’t enjoy tonight.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
I have to admit, I saw his IG story before coming to the thread. It made me laugh. The same people that criticise players using PR teams for social media are probably now annoyed at this too.

There's a middle ground though, no? This by itself is pretty benign, but it doesn't help that every single time he's been in the public eye he's made a complete ass of himself.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

This.

If I was talented and well-known enough to be United's reserve full back then I'd be posting a lot worse shit on social media after them lot down the road won the treble.

Kag

It’s annoying that a good few of the local lads who come through the academy appear to be arseholes.

Guapa

Top red .Have to agree on the Rio vibe,he is fake & irrelevant these days and yet people lap him up.Didn't rate him as a player either.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
It is hard to be proper mad with Rio because it is clear he knows what side his bread is buttered, he needs those player relationships for his media career.

But he has done it knowing clearly that it will wind up United fans who stuck with him through the missed drug test ban and then through him flirting with Kenyon and Chelsea in the mid 00's. Was a bit tasteless from him because you know full well in a couple weeks as football dies down he is going to go straight back to his usual self trying to harvest clicks from United fans.

Best CB in the Premier League era, but I don't know if he is oblivious or just constantly in existing in a contrived state.

dalriada

Not a good look, although definitely sounds as if he'd had a few. When he did an interview a while back about his background in north Manchester, he sounded like a level-headed lad, despite his reputation for aggressive football.
Don't want to belittle what City have done, or Pep, or the quality of their team, but all the talk of "immortal", "sublime", "historic", "exquisite football" and so on does grate. Most of the commentators never use that about Utd or other teams and seem to forget we did the Treble in 1999, so it's hardly that historic. So I have some sympathy with him.

MrBest

Love it, proper United fan, not scared to call out our legend for kissing City up. I know in 2023 we have to act all nice and nice, but this is football and I will never celebrate a city win, just congratulations and keep it simple. Give Williams a new 5 year deal, 200k a week.

48 hours

Love it, proper United fan, not scared to call out our legend for kissing City up. I know in 2023 we have to act all nice and nice, but this is football and I will never celebrate a city win, just congratulations and keep it simple. Give Williams a new 5 year deal, 200k a week.
The Matt Judge approach to negotiations

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Thought it was pretty amusing.
You are all taking this far too seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.