Brandon Williams (out) - Ipswich, loan, option to buy

Rauður Djöfull

One of those you forget is still there but club can't get rid cause he is on ridiculous wages

Take your losses and get rid, Liverpool & other teams would have sold for good money after that one season he had some few games

Mainoldo

Got a mad contract firm Ole and his boys. So he’ll be sold for peanuts. £800k

Plastic Evra

Guesses for figure?

3M?
For the loan or the option to buy ?
I'd imagine it's a free loan we might be lucky Ipswich takes a good portion of wages to begin with.
Option to buy 1-1,5m£ maybe with a sell-on clause.

Roboc7

Guesses for figure?

3M?
I thought his contract expired at the end the season so not sure what good an option to buy is, all I see is getting out of this is 5-10k a week towards his wages (10k pretty optimistic) and that’s about it.

If it’s true he’s on 65k a week he is effectively worthless. I’m guessing any reduction on wage bill helps and he needs to get on with career so hopefully it goes through.

Last edited:

Revan

Assumptionman
Him being in 65k/week is one of the weirdest facts about football.

NYAS

So we’ve triggered the one-year option? Otherwise his contract is up at the end of this season. Why would they buy him?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Another one who should’ve been sold straight after that semi average few months of first team football 2 seasons ago. Could’ve got about £15-20m for him back then before we put him on big money and loaned him out to depreciate

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Him being in 65k/week is one of the weirdest facts about football.
What?! This instantly makes me think it won’t happen.

Edit - we apparently only have two players who are on more than 10k per week.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Agent McKenna, hook us up with a 19m bid like Kompany did for city?

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Should be a top full back for the Championship. He's good enough to play in the PL.

Plastic Evra

What?! This instantly makes me think it won’t happen.

Edit - we apparently only have two players who are on more than 10k per week.
I guess United will pay for most of that and Ipswich participates up to 10k a week then.
You're a team on the up and in the media spotlight, I suppose the coach knows him, he could look good in the Championship and attract the eyes of PL buyers.

hobbers

Rubbish player with shitty attitude on something like 65k a week? Better paid than most players in the league and every single championship player.

Thank Ole Judge and Woody for that one

Last edited:

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Were supposedly in for Fred who wasn't interested.
Shouldn't have skipped the verb.
All good pal. Only asked as I got surprised by the info a good while after he’d left. Seemed to have not made any ripples. Admittedly I was living in the real world on holiday.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Rubbish player with shitty attitude on something like 65k a week? Better paid that most players in the league and every single championship player.

Thank Ole Judge and Woody for that one
fecking mental that he's paid that much.
This club is such a mess

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
I guess United will pay for most of that and Ipswich participates up to 10k a week then.
You're a team on the up and in the media spotlight, I suppose the coach knows him, he could look good in the Championship and attract the eyes of PL buyers.
That’s true, and I guess there is a speculative element here. If Ipswich somehow went up and he was an important player then perhaps he’s suddenly worth £15-18m next summer.

Those wages, though! I know Utd have a propensity to overpay sometimes, but it really prices out a whole load of clubs.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Absolutely incredible how much is contract is worth.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
He is on 40 k rising to 60 k, which is still a lot but not the 65 k everyone keeps repeating.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
So about 1.6m ish over a season in wages. I'm sure they can stump up a loan fee that covers the wages on our end.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
He is on 40 k rising to 60 k, which is still a lot but not the 65 k everyone keeps repeating.
How does that work: base of £40k with possible incentives (appearances, goals, clean sheets etc) which can rise to £60k? Safe to say he hasn’t achieved any such incentives.

Do you have a link? Everything I’m finding on a quick search has the £65k as a base salary.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Remember when he hugged Eriksen.

united_99

How does that work: base of £40k with possible incentives (appearances, goals, clean sheets etc) which can rise to £60k? Safe to say he hasn’t achieved any such incentives.
Would love to know myself. I guess appearances, top 4, titles, ….…. balon d‘or.

united_99

Sorry just edited my post as you replied. Everything I’m finding talks about his 4 year/£13,5m contract which equates to around £65k per week.
This spotrac site is not that reliable. I remember when he signed it got reported as 40+20.
Spotrac also says that Sancho is on 350k and Rashford on 300k. But when Rashford recently signed his new contract it was widely reported that he is now our highest paid player with 300/325 k. But then Sancho can’t be on 350 k.
Obviously the final correct numbers we will never know.