Brandon Williams (out) - Ipswich, loan, option to buy

Ish

Lights on for Luke
This spotrac site is not that reliable. I remember when he signed it got reported as 40+20.
Spotrac also says that Sancho is on 350k and Rashford on 300k. But when Rashford recently signed his new contract it was widely reported that he is now our highest paid player with 300/325 k. But then Sancho can’t be on 350 k.
Obviously the final correct numbers we will never know.
Yeah there’s a Mirror article I read now which has the £40k rising to £60k type deal.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Well, great signing for Ipswich. I mean I think he is a premier league level player personally. Maybe a step down to step up again.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I thought he would be too good for the Championship, especially as they’ve just come up too

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I think Williams looked a lot better in his appearances in the first team than Malacia did.
Williams has had plenty of chances to break into the first team over the past 3 years and still hasn’t. Got to be a reason for it.

Malacia isn’t great but at least he performed admirably a few times last year, with one coming against Salah and Pool at home.

Wing Attack Plan R

Williams has had plenty of chances to break into the first team over the past 3 years and still hasn’t. Got to be a reason for it.

Malacia isn’t great but at least he performed admirably a few times last year, with one coming against Salah and Pool at home.
I disagree with that view. Malacia has looked like a youth team player when he's played for us. He doesn't have the stamina, can't tackle, and looks lost with the ball. But apparently ETH rates him over Williams.

RedAlert27

I feel like Shaw should've been dropped a few times after some shambolic performances he put in for Williams/Malacia but he seems a main stay no matter how many mistakes he makes. The latest being the Spurs' first goal. Seems to be preferred by ETH no matter what. Feel for both Williams and Malacia not getting a real chance.

cbmufc

Weird one Brandon, I think he's got something about him and could develop into a premier league fullback. Good loan for him and us that, playing under Mckenna who was with Ole at the club when he played. A good season and no reason we can't command a good fee- will keep an eye out on him. Top Red as well :D

SAFMUTD

I think Williams looked a lot better in his appearances in the first team than Malacia did.
Overall he didn't play bad in preseason. It was punctual mistakes that led to goal. He made 9 correct decisions out of 10 but that one mistake was a feck up leading to a goal.

I rather play Malacia.

Gandalf

Clearly needs to go as he has never really convinced at this level. He looked ok in his early appearances for us but has never really kicked on and he was quite poor during his time on loan at Norwich. McKenna knows his game and might be able to help him kick on but we just need him off the wage bill and if we get any kind of token fee then that is just a bonus.

Revan

Assumptionman
3 million? If have kept him around at that price.
Yes, players are like Pokemons that we should collect. I mean, we should definitely plan for the possibility of Shaw, Malacia and Dalot all being injured at the same time (plus Martinez who can play there, and also Alvarez who is much more promising than Williams).

Also just a reminder that he was here last season and played in total one match, in the league cup.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I thought he did well at Norwich, personally.

GledTheRed

Yes, players are like Pokemons that we should collect. I mean, we should definitely plan for the possibility of Shaw, Malacia and Dalot all being injured at the same time (plus Martinez who can play there, and also Alvarez who is much more promising than Williams).

Also just a reminder that he was here last season and played in total one match, in the league cup.
He was injured most of the season?

The year before he was a standout performer for Norwich in the Premier league, 3 million is a joke he should be about 15.

Sea-Cow

I have always been confused why he, obviously very right footed, plays left back almost exclusively. Why isn't he ever used at right back?

RedAlert27

Clearly needs to go as he has never really convinced at this level. He looked ok in his early appearances for us but has never really kicked on and he was quite poor during his time on loan at Norwich. McKenna knows his game and might be able to help him kick on but we just need him off the wage bill and if we get any kind of token fee then that is just a bonus.
He did quite well at Norwich on loan, certainly not quite poor anyway. But yes I agree he never really kicked on, and if we're looking at kicking on and challenging for the title, he needs to go.

city-puma

He is very talented but needs to revive his career at this critical stage. McKenna knows him very well and they play great football. Win-win situation for every party.

foolsgold

There’s a player there for sure. Going nowhere here though, take what we can and get a on-sale clause.

Abraxas

Personally I think he is very, very average. Not a PL footballer at the moment which is why he is going where he is. The fee is fine for someone that isn't currently PL level.

Don't agree that he's better than Malacia either. Would rather play Malacia any day. Naturally left footed and technically better. He's not great either.

Lentwood

Another player who should have been sold when his stock was high.

Likeable when he played for us and did a job but was never going to be of the standard required. As soon as that becomes apparent, the only thing we should be thinking is how we can market a player to maximise their transfer fee.

It's not inconceivable we could have gotten £15m at one stage.

RedOrange

I feel like Shaw should've been dropped a few times after some shambolic performances he put in for Williams/Malacia but he seems a main stay no matter how many mistakes he makes. The latest being the Spurs' first goal. Seems to be preferred by ETH no matter what. Feel for both Williams and Malacia not getting a real chance.
Shaw was dropped for Malacia after the first two matches last season. Malacia started against Liverpool and for a few more matches before Shaw was put back in and excelled for most of the season. Malacia is just injured right now and Williams is championship/relegation-tier PL level.

Castia

If they extend his deal we'll have no takers and be in the same situation as now....a loan to Ipswich

Marwood

Think this is the perfect example of why the club are now making quicker sale decisions on young players.