Brendan Rodgers | Rejoins Celtic on 3 year deal

Robertd0803

I reckon his head (and ego) has been turned by our apparent interest and its obviously trickled down to the players if today is anything to go by.

I can see us getting in a very messy compensation battle with Leicester for him.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
I reckon his head (and ego) has been turned by our apparent interest and its obviously trickled down to the players if today is anything to go by.

I can see us getting in a very messy compensation battle with Leicester for him.
think he has a buy out clause so should be pretty clean cut

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
From attempts to get Ancelotti, Klopp or Pep to Brendan Rodgers.

Let's see... Moyes, Louie, Jose, Ole, Brendan. Yup, sounds like similar type of appointment.

Fox_Chrys

Supports
LCFC
I noticed today we didn't have 11 players out there, we had a team of 8 then a massive gap to the front 3, notably he said we played the same formation both halves ,so he took 2 wingers off and played 2 people out of position so he didn't have to admit he was wrong.

I heard a stat on the Athletic football pod that the goals conceded by Kasper has him in the bottom 3% of xG against, so he stays routed to his line, is crap with the ball at his feet and now isn't doing the 1 thing he is supposed to be great at, yet our other keeper, who's really highly rated won't get a sniff and we all know it.

I have long thought he would go at the end of this season I'm not starting to hope he gets the offer you speak of as I think he's lost the plot and losing the players, there is a reason he only sticks around for 3 years.
Come the day he eventually does leave I will consider him a successful manager, I suspect it might end the way Claudio's reign ended, but will never forget the FA cup win, Like I wont forget the EPL win.. :)

ReallyUSA

Wtf you want the board to do? They suck, inept, etc. What other options are there? They aren't going to give Zidane what he wants/deserves. We are stuck.

Bertie 2 Hats

No.. No.. and thrice No.. Not only is Rodgers tainted due to the fact of his past connection with Liverpool but he would not be capable of taking us to the required level of being on a par or better than Chelsea, City & Liverpool... In the list of priority's, a world class manager trumps any world class footballer.. However, the farcical shame that the Glazers have brought to the front door of our club is unbearable right now... What is urgently needed can only be described as a cull of epic proportion... Unfortunately this will not happen any time soon until we have new owners at our club.

NICanRed

Rodgers does have one of the essential requirements to be the manager of Manchester United - he has a ready-made bunch of haters!

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Rodgers does have one of the essential requirements to be the manager of Manchester United - he has a ready-made bunch of haters!
:lol:. Seriously he is not worth the risk. His being liverpool documentary enough proof to stay aways from him. Guy is cringe personified. Ronaldo will slap him if he start to talk like that for sure.:lol:

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
It seems his time with us is up. He did a great job but it just doesn't work anymore.

Litch

Not my choice but I'm convinced it's him getting the job. Realistically the only 'gettable' manager of the lot and since linked, Leicester are going backwards rapidly

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I was undecided on him, i rate him highly but undecided on whether he is good enough for ManUtd.

I hope we stay away from him, hi team looks as bad as ours under Ole and he has good team too.

Potter looks better choice but might be too early for him. I hope we do proper checks on next manager.

Redfrog

Where are we paying the plan to say to Glazers, don’t hire Rodgers next week ?

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Buying Rogers out of his contract when he’s getting close to being sacked would be peak Banter FC.
You can just tell this is what's going to happen. Leicester have mugged us off before over Maguire. They're probably rubbing their hands waiting for the call from Woodward:

'Yeah, yeah, we really, really want Brendan so you're going to have to pay a lot of comp.' ;)

GMoore23

I think he's a good manager and him being a past Liverpool manager doesn't bother me in the slightest.

The 2nd greatest manager in our clubs history, Matt Busby, was literally a Man City and Liverpool legend before he came to manage us. He was even once a mentor to Bob Paisley and the 2 were lifelong friends from their Liverpool days. If we had the same attitude towards Busby as we're now showing Rodgers, this club would have been robbed of one of it's golden eras.
Bringing in Busby would've been similar to us bringing in Dalglish or Souness back in the day, so bringing in Rodgers pales in comparison.

On Rodgers current form this season, that also doesn't bother me much. Leicester have been hit bad by injuries this season and they just don't have the squad depth to remain at the top. Rodgers has been relying on a small core of quality players there and has taken them as far as they can go without further investment. The constant connections to us has probably affected the Leicester dressing room also.
He's done a great job overall at Leicester and even won silverware in his time there, Something Ole failed to deliver here with a much better squad.

Anyone here remember Klopp's final season at Dortmund before joining Liverpool. It was an absolute shitfest with them finishing the season with a miserable 46 points. He too had taken Dortmund as far as he possibly could. Rodgers at Leicester is a very similar scenario.
Now I'm not saying Rodgers is as good as Klopp but he's as good as anyone that's currently available out there and I think he'd be a better fit for this club than most.

If the club decides to go for him, I'll give the man a chance to prove himself like I would any other manager.

Classical Mechanic

@GMoore23

In Klopp’s final season the underlying xG stats were still good. They were just very ‘unlucky’ or had poor individuals that season. That’s not the case with Leicester here. They’ve essentially just as bad as we have under Ole this season, quite pathetic team structure and play.

I think Rogers is a good coach initially but he seems to lose his way quite badly after a couple of seasons. I don’t know if this is because the players dislike him or what but he’s certainly not a long term option on the evidence of his career so far. I dont think it would be a terrible appointment unless we bought him out of his contract but we need to get used to launching managers as soon as the magic starts to wear off a la Chelsea.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
A lot of Leicester fans genuinely want rid of him and would be delighted to see him leave.

It’s not the sort of manager that a club like Man Utd should be looking at.

Pep's Suit

Watford, Saints and Villa in next two weeks. Surely needs 6-7 points from those or it's time to go. Won just 9 out of 25 PL games in last nine months.

foxedup

Supports
Leicester
On Rodgers current form this season, that also doesn't bother me much. Leicester have been hit bad by injuries this season and they just don't have the squad depth to remain at the top. Rodgers has been relying on a small core of quality players there and has taken them as far as they can go without further investment. The constant connections to us has probably affected the Leicester dressing room also.
He's done a great job overall at Leicester and even won silverware in his time there, Something Ole failed to deliver here with a much better squad.
There have been times we can blame injuries, now is not one of them. Rodgers has also spent a lot of money, it's just none of them play very often because they were no better than what we had.

Any massive club with an ounce of common sense, would on due diligence realise they shouldn't touch him with a barge pole.

GMoore23

There have been times we can blame injuries, now is not one of them. Rodgers has also spent a lot of money, it's just none of them play very often because they were no better than what we had.

Any massive club with an ounce of common sense, would on due diligence realise they shouldn't touch him with a barge pole.
You only have the 14th highest net spend over the last 5 years so not even mid table expenditure and the man has gotten you back to back 5th place finishes and an Fa Cup. Pretty damn good management in my opinion. Leicester City fans have become quite delusional thinking they're now a top club when their expenditure proves quite the opposite. You'll find out soon enough when Rodgers is gone and Schmeichel/Vardy are finished.

Last edited:

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Come the day he eventually does leave I will consider him a successful manager, I suspect it might end the way Claudio's reign ended, but will never forget the FA cup win, Like I wont forget the EPL win.. :)
he's absolutely been a success here, anyone that says different is an idiot or trolling

Sleigh

Supports
Leicester City
You only have the 14th highest net spend over the last 5 years so not even mid table expenditure and the man has gotten you back to back 5th place finishes and an Fa Cup. Pretty damn good management in my opinion. Leicester City fans have become quite delusional thinking they're now a top club when their expenditure proves quite the opposite. You'll find out soon enough when Rodgers is gone and Schmeichel/Vardy are finished.
We have a successor to Kasper in Iverson, he is currently on loan at Preston and they’re saying he is brilliant.

Vardy will be more difficult, however Iheanacho our scored him last season but Brendan won’t play him. It’s been bizarre.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
We have a successor to Kasper in Iverson, he is currently on loan at Preston and they’re saying he is brilliant.

Vardy will be more difficult, however Iheanacho our scored him last season but Brendan won’t play him. It’s been bizarre.
we have a successor to Kasper on the bench

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Overachieved relative to the wage bill Arsenal and Spurs/Everton have in comparison and has a couple trophies to boot. His teams do just tend to crumble at key moments and are extremely reliant on having certain players in place. I don’t think he adjusts very well.

Not sure where he goes next though, the Arsenal job would be a good one but they’re sticking with Arteta.

Gavinb33

The issue with Leicester and other teams who have over achieved in the past relative to their finances such as Bolton and others who have broken into Europe through the league is the financial decisions around transfers, and this will catch up with you when you are competing in the league at the top end.

In this scenario every transfer has to be a success and you have to be aware you will lose players to the bigger sides eventually, Leicester are probably seeing that now their transfers this season do not seem to have worked into the team very well and coupled with Vardy becoming older and Evans too and a big injury to Fofana before the season has laid this bare, I would say any club that doesn't have the budget of biggest teams or are Everton (who are perennially shit but somehow stay 10th) are one bad window away from going from 5th to 10th and then what will happen the manager will likely lose their job and if the club get that appointment wrong they will be in the relegation places in the seasons that follow.

Last edited: