Brendan Rodgers | Rejoins Celtic on 3 year deal

Stactix

Not sure the players will be able to take him seriously, will be an improvement over Ole without a doubt and will probably start off well.
Just don't see him being able to compete or bring a style of play that comes anywhere near what Tuchel,Klopp or Guardiola bring.

Or even Conte for that matter.

His signings and European pedigree are very very poor.

Would be typical United though.

foxedup

Supports
Leicester
You only have the 14th highest net spend over the last 5 years so not even mid table expenditure and the man has gotten you back to back 5th place finishes and an Fa Cup. Pretty damn good management in my opinion. Leicester City fans have become quite delusional thinking they're now a top club when their expenditure proves quite the opposite. You'll find out soon enough when Rodgers is gone and Schmeichel/Vardy are finished.
Rodgers hasn't been here 5 years. We've not had to spend a huge amount because we bought a large number of high quality players at low value and sold bang average players like Maguire for £85m.

I do not think we're a top or big club, I think we put together a fine squad of players and Rodgers reaped the benefits of that. It's slowly unravelling now though. Everything Liverpool fans said about him is coming true here, stubborn, inflexible, can't organise a defence, poor signings, lack of passion, lack of a coherent plan.

Our form has been utterly horrific, we've been lucky that individual brilliance has got us by and Iheanacho finding the form of his life last season got us an FA Cup. He looks utterly utterly clueless in what to do.

All I expect is a someone who looks like they have a plan and some effort.

Fox_Chrys

Supports
LCFC
The issue with Leicester and other teams who have over achieved in the past relative to their finances such as Bolton and others who have broken into Europe through the league is the financial decisions around transfers, and this will catch up with you when you are competing in the league at the top end.

In this scenario every transfer has to be a success and you have to be aware you will lose players to the bigger sides eventually, Leicester are probably seeing that now their transfers this season do not seem to have worked into the team very well and coupled with Vardy becoming older and Evans too and a big injury to Fofana before the season has laid this bare, I would say any club that doesn't have the budget of biggest teams or are Everton (who are perennially shit but somehow stay 10th) are one bad window away from going from 5th to 10th and then what will happen the manager will likely lose their job and if the club get that appointment wrong they will be in the relegation places in the seasons that follow.
It does at least show we made progress that now a bad window and bad season has us lower mid table instead of relegated. So that is something.

Chip

Our form has been utterly horrific, we've been lucky that individual brilliance has got us by and Iheanacho finding the form of his life last season got us an FA Cup. He looks utterly utterly clueless in what to do.
He'd fit in perfectly at United.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
I’d be astounded if Pochetino isn’t in charge this time next week. The Keep Rodgers at Leicester campaign has worked.
don't know why you are so sure Pochetino would be better when he has achieved less with more

Fox_Chrys

Supports
LCFC
Less than Rodgers?

Poch reached CL finals, Rodgers haven't won a KO tie in both CL and Europa.
Reaching a CL final is not an achievement, winning it is.

I would take our EPL title and FA cup win any day over Spurs multiple CL qualifications.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
he's won nothing of note, his sole trophy was the French charity shield
He also won domestic trophy at PSG. It's not like Rodgers is a trophy winning machine, you need a good squad to win trophies. Tuchel also won just Bundesliga before he bagged few in PSG, not because all of a sudden he became awesome manager, it's because for the first time he had team that was capable of winning.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Reaching a CL final is not an achievement, winning it is.

I would take our EPL title and FA cup win any day over Spurs multiple CL qualifications.
Did Rodgers win EPL title?

Winning FA cup is a good achievement, no doubt about that. He won 1 domestic cup, Poch won 1 domestic cup in top 5 leagues.

Fox_Chrys

Supports
LCFC
Did Rodgers win EPL title?

Winning FA cup is a good achievement, no doubt about that. He won 1 domestic cup, Poch won 1 domestic cup in top 5 leagues.
A FA cup win still beats merely qualifying for CL, even reaching a final, what have spurs won since we last got promoted?

They have massive revenues, and are considered a big 6 club, they are nothing more then a failure at the moment for the ambitions they should have.

You don't get remembered for coming second.

I suppose some don't get it, but Wigan fans were happy they prioritised FA cup over trying to stay in EPL, like LCFC fans preferred we won FA cup over say getting 4th but not getting the FA cup.

Last edited:

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
The board deserves to dragged out of OT by the collar if they sign rodgers :mad:

Sleigh

Supports
Leicester City
A FA cup win still beats merely qualifying for CL, even reaching a final, what have spurs won since we last got promoted?

They have massive revenues, and are considered a big 6 club, they are nothing more then a failure at the moment for the ambitions they should have.

I suppose some don't get it, but Wigan fans were happy they prioritised FA cup over trying to stay in EPL, like LCFC fans preferred we won FA cup over say getting 4th but not getting the FA cup.
As a Leicester fan, I don’t believe the FA Cup holds the same value it once did.

Commercially, that’s the important bit here, qualifying for top 4 would have given us more of a cash injection. We’ve failed twice and that can’t go unnoticed.

It wasn’t the Gerard slip that cost Liverpool the title, the entire run in was a disaster. It’s not dissimilar to our capitulation during the past two seasons. We lack experience and a winning mentality when it matters.

Rodgers is a good coach, however he’s too nice, that’s what stops him for being elite.

Klopp, Tuchel, Pep, Mourinho, Ancelotti etc get a team over the line in those situations.

I don’t think Poch is any better by the way, I think he got lucky and was dragged through by some individual brilliance.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

Spurs reaching the UCL final for them is as big an achievement as Leicester winning the FA Cup was for them, only fans of the two clubs would argue which is the greater achievement

As for your you don't get remembered for coming 2nd for Spurs' case in the UCL you do because of the significance of getting to a UCL final, you'd be right about no one remembering losing FA Cup finalists though

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Spurs reaching the UCL final for them is as big an achievement as Leicester winning the FA Cup was for them, only fans of the two clubs would argue which is the greater achievement

As for your you don't get remembered for coming 2nd for Spurs' case in the UCL you do because of the significance of getting to a UCL final, you'd be right about no one remembering losing FA Cup finalists though
in 5 years time when people are asked who Liverpool beat for their 6th CL people won't automatically think of Spurs

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
What Pochettino did at Spurs is infinitely more impressive than what Brendan has done at Leicester. It isn’t even a close contest.

He was mixing it up with Europe’s elite on a fraction of their transfer/wage budget.

One domestic cup doesn’t even begin to close the gap. Look at the points he was getting and the comparisons with what rivals were spending on wages.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Depends on who these people are

Every English PL supporter certainly will
spurs fans will but I don't see most remembering, the final between United and Chelsea was different it went to penalties and most people loved laughing at Terry but this one a crap game and nothing memorable happened

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
spurs fans will but I don't see most remembering, the final between United and Chelsea was different it went to penalties and most people loved laughing at Terry but this one a crap game and nothing memorable happened
I could name every single UCL final from the past 20 years ish

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
in 5 years time when people are asked who Liverpool beat for their 6th CL people won't automatically think of Spurs
People mostly won’t even remember who the last 5 winners of the FA Cup are either to be fair. Outside of England especially, similarly as most fans wouldn’t even know the last winner of Italian, Spanish or German domestic cups.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
People mostly won’t even remember who the last 5 winners of the FA Cup are either to be fair. Outside of England especially, similarly as most fans wouldn’t even know the last winner of Italian, Spanish or German domestic cups.
true enough

Telsim

I can't even believe he was considered for the United job. And a not-so-small amount of people were defending him.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
I'm done with him now, too many pig-headed stubborn decisions where he won't fix glaring issues

nodlocnost2

If you ever thought Rodgers might be the man for the job at MUFC, you were wrong and be thankful it never happened.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
he wants his sides to play like Pep's but our squad doesn't suit that style of play, we are more suited to Liverpool's style in comparison. He is far too stubborn.

Our defence is a shambles in part because they have no confidence in the keeper but he made him captain this season so there is no chance he will drop him despite his form demanding it

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
he wants his sides to play like Pep's but our squad doesn't suit that style of play, we are more suited to Liverpool's style in comparison. He is far too stubborn.

Our defence is a shambles in part because they have no confidence in the keeper but he made him captain this season so there is no chance he will drop him despite his form demanding it
Is there a chance he could find himself getting sacked or do you reckon he'll be given a nice long period to turn it around?

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Is there a chance he could find himself getting sacked or do you reckon he'll be given a nice long period to turn it around?
I honestly have no idea, he'll likely see out the season unless relegation becomes a real danger which I don't think it will

Red00012

I think his followers on here that wanted him in should be called out :lol:

Sviken

Think we can all relax that Brendan Rodgers as a United manager is done and buried. No way we're going for him after this. At this rate he should start worrying for his Leicester job, let alone getting a job here.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Think we can all relax that Brendan Rodgers as a United manager is done and buried. No way we're going for him after this. At this rate he should start worrying for his Leicester job, let alone getting a job here.
His comments after the Chelsea match got a lot of fans backs up, people that were pretty neutral about him suddenly were openly talking about him being sacked.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
What did he say?
had a go at fans for booing the performance then after spending 2 years talking about fighting the big boys said we have been over achieving, fans remember what he said in his own introductory press conference he said we should be fighting for top 6, so that's what we expect now he starts with excuses.

Swedish_Plumber

Seems to struggle with reinvigorating his squad after a while. Something which is telling in modern day football with the amount of coaches that leave after 4/5 years top at any one club.

It’s obvious to us we should stay clear. But is it obvious enough to the board?