Brentan Rodgers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Stoke, Arsenal, United, Everton, Spurs, Chelsea, Man City

I'd surprised if they get more than 5 points our of those.
But those teams have got to wake up early and get going too. Usually the big guns aren't in full flow until later in the season. To balance it out we have the easiest of home games we could have wished for.

Cal?

CR7 fan
But those teams have got to wake up early and get going too. Usually the big guns aren't in full flow until later in the season. To balance it out we have the easiest of home games we could have wished for.
I'm assuming every team will be at a similar level of performance at the same stage of the season.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
I'm assuming every team will be at a similar level of performance at the same stage of the season.
Its usually the lower table clubs you have to be wary of early doors. The West Broms, Leicesters, etc don't half put on a performance before disappearing into mediocrity.

ZDwyr

It's a tough start and could put him under pressure. If they manage to steal a win or two though then they could find themselves in a good position once they come up against the easier teams.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Its usually the lower table clubs you have to be wary of early doors. The West Broms, Leicesters, etc don't half put on a performance before disappearing into mediocrity.
That is a fair point, but I don't see how that affects your first 7 away games...

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City

Uncanny David Brent impression here, especially from 0:16. :lol:

R'hllor

There is some mumblings in Serbia that he or Liverpool (same shit) placed Markovic on transfer list,maybe its due Firmino joining,in any case if true i find it weird move just after one season,put on side he bought attacking player so he could force him to play wing back.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
There is some mumblings in Serbia that he or Liverpool (same shit) placed Markovic on transfer list,maybe its due Firmino joining,in any case if true i find it weird move just after one season,put on side he bought attacking player so he could force him to play wing back.
in fairness, he is terrible.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Markovic has ability, but he is unbelievably lightweight. I think Ibe looking better than him from the start has changed his situation.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
We can agree or disagree about that,terrible? No,he isnt,he wasnt before in Benfica and he isnt now either.
To be fair I never really saw him play for Benfica so I can't comment on that, the lad clearly has talent but every single game I've watched him play for Liverpool he's misplaced at least 6 passes a game, struggled in the defensive third, failed to beat the first man with deliveries and generally been sub-standard. Based on what I have seen, I don't rate him at all.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
TLW said:
Chris Bascombe reported/tweeted that LFC want coaches to learn off Brendan and become top managers in their own right.
Gordon Bennett...

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
I have a feeling that Rodgers has had nothing to do with any of their signings this summer.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
But those teams have got to wake up early and get going too. Usually the big guns aren't in full flow until later in the season.
We usually have great starts to the season, Its the Nov/Dec period where we usually have issues.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Maybe that is why they were good signings
Exactly. My wish this summer was for Rodgers to not get fired but also be kept a million miles away from player purchases. Seems like Christmas came early. :D

Nogbadthebad

Isn't that what they say for all their signings?

No. Normally, when they sign, every one is a world beater and indicative of brentans genius. Then they actually play football, are a bit crap, and become the committees fault. The best example of this is Bibotelli. Last seasons transfers have been so bad though that they kind of broke the rogers genius in the transfer market meme, so its been flipped.

This time, they look sensible proven players so are nothing to do with him. Those that fail will, no doubt, become brentan's boys soon enough.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I have a feeling that Rodgers has had nothing to do with any of their signings this summer.
Let's just see how good they are next season before we come to any conclusions.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Struggled to sell this chair for weeks online, but just put this on it and Brendan Rodgers has bid £8M!!
#saintsfc

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Been told to shut up about transfers, or much else. Good, about time he got back to the real business.

Come on Brendan.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Been told to shut up about transfers, or much else. Good, about time he got back to the real business.
I think that's a shame, really. If the owners are going to back him properly, at the very least they shouldn't make him feel like he's on thin ice all the time. They should let him be himself - if he ends up doing well, then he'll have been justified in his self-confidence.

ZDwyr

I assume him saying that there is no issue with Sterling was just the company line?

Status
Not open for further replies.