Brentan Rodgers

Status
Not open for further replies.

redhoop

You won't be laughing when you're trying to walk back into the house afterwards and he's slowly following you. Clapping and telling you "Good job! You're a wonderful technician and a great, great human being." Then every time you look out the window he's closing his eyes and nodding at you in that way he mistakenly thinks is profound.
"You just didn't have that bit of luck you need with the juice leaking out of the bottom of the bag...."
:lol:

"If you hadn't missed the bin then you'd have every chance of getting it in the bin. I firmly believe that."

MUFCpiffgawd

"We were never interested in Depay" :lol:

"Suarez is not going anywhere. He wants to be a Liverpool player"

"Balotelli is a fantastic player"

after the game and balotelli missed a couple: "We only went after Balotelli because everybody we wanted wasn't available"

"It wasn't Balotelli's fault"

after 2 days: "Once you get into that position, you have to score" :lol:

*Balotelli then goes weeks without featuring into the team :lol:

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Brendan Rodgers insists he’s “150%” sure he will keep his job

The Northern Irishman will sit down with Fenway Sports Group (FSG) president Mike Gordon next week to look back over an underwhelming campaign at Anfield.

The owners want to establish why Liverpool failed to achieve their target of Champions League qualification and put plans in place to ensure there is no repeat next season.

Please Don't Sack Me

However, Rodgers, who is just 12 months into a four-year contract, has no concerns that the review could lead to his departure.

“I’m 150% sure I’ll be here next season,” Rodgers said. “There is probably a lot more made of the review than what it actually is. I’m constantly reviewing with the owners. There is nothing different. People want to write about a review, there have been a number of reviews and throughout the season I’ve had great communication with the owners. I’ll speak with them at the end of the season like I did last year, like I did at the end of my first year, and like I’ve done intermittently throughout the season. There is no great big review.”

Twits

After a spirited mid-season revival, the Reds’ form has nosedived over the past two months and they could finish as low as seventh if they don’t win their final game at Stoke City on Sunday.

From the loss of Luis Suarez, to Daniel Sturridge’s injury woes and the failure of so many new signings to live up to their price tags, it’s been a campaign to forget, but Rodgers says lessons have been learned.

“I think you evolve as a manager,” he said. Every year when you assess it and you review your own performance as a manager you hope the following year you can be better again. Certainly the experiences of this year will make me better. “We have been clear with the identity of how we want to play since I’ve been here. Obviously it hasn’t quite worked out this season as well as I would have liked. But going forward I repeat I will be a better manager for the experiences and hopefully go on next year to be more consistent and we can win more games than we have."

Benteke lol

Liverpool’s summer transfer plans will focus on signing a top class forward with Aston Villa’s Christian Benteke top of their wanted list.

There is strong interest in signing James Milner on a free transfer from Manchester City, Danny Ings from Burnley and Divock Origi will arrive at Anfield having spent last season on loan at Lille.

Rodgers does not work to a specific budget. Targets are assessed on their individual merits and it is clear that FSG’s overall policy of buying younger players who they hope can blossom will not change.

The Man with the Tan Plan

“The planning for the summer has been ongoing, but of course the real detail of that will take place after the Stoke game and of course I will have greater thinking time after the weekend.”

The end of season review will examine the work of Liverpool’s transfer committee but Rodgers doesn’t expect a major shift in either the club’s structure or buying policy.

“It is very clear in terms of the model of how it works here. That doesn’t change,” he said. “There are constant questions asked of me in terms of strategy and the model, you have to remember the owners have had great success in terms of working how they want to work. Everyone here is aligned to that and has that belief in what they’ve brought to the club."

"For us it is really about analysing this year in terms of all the plans, all the changes that took place last year, reviewing that, and how can we be better equipped to move forward again and challenge. That will be the review.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/rodgers-im-150-sure-ill-9314617

Iron Stove

He just can't help himself, he really doesn't come off well in the media. Is he trying to pressure FSG into keeping him? Imagine what a tit he'll look like if he was to be let go now.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Rodgers is really turning into a parody of himself. It's to the point now where it's tough to tell the difference between what he's actually said from the people that are ridiculing him. If he gets another season, we could be seeing a Moyes-level of ineptness with quotes.

MUFCpiffgawd

so Rodgers is asking fans to support Sterling. What are the odds that he's the first to badmouth sterling the moment his (upcoming)transfer is complete? :lol:

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably

Art Vandelay

I'm not a Brendan Rodgers fan. It's nothing personal - I just think his ego outstrips his ability. So, I found much of this interview (posted on RAWK) embarrassing to read but I'm willing to be corrected if people believe that's the wrong reaction to Rodgers' words. What do you think?:

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=321363.msg13870076#msg13870076
I had to give up on that a few paragraphs from the end. I dunno how the interviewers understood him talking while licking his own arse. What the hell was that about pens?

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
"He’s a great man ... but I take from myself. You cannot be anyone else. I’ve learned from many good people. I worked with some fantastic British coaches. When you’re clever, you learn from everyone. The good things and the things that are not so good. "

"At Swansea, when we played back, they clapped. Normally, in England, when you play back, phew ... Because they understood the football, that we had to go back to go forward. It’s education. In England, it’s difficult at times. But that’s ok. It’s education. Life is about educating and improving. This is my journey, from the time when I was a young coach, working with young players and telling them, “You can play like that.” “We don’t play that way in the first team.” “I don’t care, this is what I want, the way I work.”

What a wanker.

darioterios

I was still out of my breath from the Monaco race and switched to have a look at this game...

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?

When is the last time Liverpool were 5-0 down against a team outside the CL places?

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
The only thing that could sour such a fantastic season is if they somehow get Klopp.

Players are clearly not playing for him.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
His reluctance to play players in their natural positions is starting to wind me up. Emre Can is not a RB! We KNOW he can't play RB. We have Manquillo, Johnson isn't injured... Hell, even Toure has played RB before.

No strikers on the pitch - Two on the bench - Others not in the squad (Balo/Borini).

It's just ridiculous. I know little about football management, but I know playing players in their natural positions is a good bloody idea :lol:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
His reluctance to play players in their natural positions is starting to wind me up. Emre Can is not a RB! We KNOW he can't play RB. We have Manquillo, Johnson isn't injured... Hell, even Toure has played RB before.

No strikers on the pitch - Two on the bench - Others not in the squad (Balo/Borini).

It's just ridiculous. I know little about football management, but I know playing players in their natural positions is a good bloody idea :lol:
Well maybe if you listened to him you'd get educated a little and start understanding :p

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Well maybe if you listened to him you'd get educated a little and start understanding :p
"I thought we played well today. The lads were outstanding, but the luck just wasn't with us."

Status
Not open for further replies.