Brentan Rodgers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
So hoping he manages to slime ball his way out of getting the chop....otherwise I have a bad feeling they will hire Klopp:(

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
So hoping he manages to slime ball his way out of getting the chop....otherwise I have a bad feeling they will hire Klopp:(
Not so sure Klopp or Ancelotti would accept.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Not so sure Klopp or Ancelotti would accept.
I hope you're right.... maybe not Ancelloti, but Klopp am not so sure, gut feeling that he might be tempted...

Tibs

Brendan has had one good season where he came v close, and one shit season.

He should be allowed to stay, but the Scouse feckwits have delusions of grandeur, and will be after Pep or Klopp no doubt

buckooo1978

I like the man but all the Brendan-isms are out in force in the post match interview...

Rodgers looks like shite there, pressure has got to him.....can't believe he got 'outstanding' into that interview as well when describing Slippy's performance

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool

He should be allowed to stay, but the Scouse feckwits have delusions of grandeur, and will be after Pep or Klopp no doubt
Which is the shit season, this one or his first? I'd say both were average, maybe a bit below. Don't think he's earned the right to stay, I don't trust him to take the club forward.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Challenging for top four and losing out isn't really a shit season for them. We are better than them and have more financial muscle. They've finished once in the top 4 in god knows how many years and suddenly losing the top 4 race is supposed to be this incredible disappointment.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Which is the shit season, this one or his first? I'd say both were average, maybe a bit below. Don't think he's earned the right to stay, I don't trust him to take the club forward.
I feel like the more money he spends over time, the worse you'll get. So naturally I'm hoping he stays.

togg

I'd agree with that. He came quite close last season but didn't make it. He's not been that great in the transfer market to be honest. There seems to be a sense the players have lost a bit of faith in him, nothing concrete of course, just a feeling. I think Liverpool need a tried and tested manager to come in, which kind of means you guys have to start again, but I don't think Brendan is the guy who is going to push you to competing at the highest level.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
I'd agree with that. He came quite close last season but didn't make it. He's not been that great in the transfer market to be honest. There seems to be a sense the players have lost a bit of faith in him, nothing concrete of course, just a feeling. I think Liverpool need a tried and tested manager to come in, which kind of means you guys have to start again, but I don't think Brendan is the guy who is going to push you to competing at the highest level.
Yep, have the same feeling about the players. The signs do seem to suggest that he's lost the dressing room, the players giving up on 4th so early was telling.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
Moyes finished with more points (64pts) last season than Brentans Liverpool (62pts) did this season.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
Absolutely hilarious him saying "I'll go if the owners want me to go". If the owners want him to go he wont have any choice. A class one idiot.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
He looks like a dead man walking. Literally. What the feck is wrong with his face? I'm sure he must be one of David Icke's reptilians or something.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
The on field management of the club isn't the only reason we've been on average a 6th/7th place team since 09. There are many factors - resources (5th richest club in PL - obviously correlates with our league position), inept scouting, inability to attract quality footballers, inability to keep our best footballers (whether via lack of ambition or simple shit negotiating) etc.

Until this is all sorted then it looks Liverpool will remain a Spurs-type yo yo club with yearly aspirations for top four at best.

If a manager with winning pedigree like Klopp or Ancelotti want to give the job a try then I'm all for it. Otherwise, there is no point getting rid of Rodgers if names on the replacement shortlist are Eddie Howe and Garry Monk. Will only find ourselves in the same situation (or worse) in a couple of years.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
Stranger things have happened but why would Klopp want to manage Liverpool? He would face the same constraints at Liverpool that he did at Dortmund, their best players would want to leave for bigger clubs and top players wouldn't come to Liverpool.
Liverpool has an attractive combination of tradition, talent and money, but in comparison to the big four, is still small enough so he can play the underdog and form the players to his liking. I just can´t see him at Real Madrid due to the bad fit (Ronaldo playing both sides of the pitch, LOL), the language barrier and the philosophical differences with a Perez. That leaves England.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
The on field management of the club isn't the only reason we've been on average a 6th/7th place team since 09. There are many factors - resources (5th richest club in PL - obviously correlates with our league position), inept scouting, inability to attract quality footballers, inability to keep our best footballers (whether via lack of ambition or simple shit negotiating) etc.

Until this is all sorted then it looks Liverpool will remain a Spurs-type yo yo club with yearly aspirations for top four at best.

If a manager with winning pedigree like Klopp or Ancelotti want to give the job a try then I'm all for it. Otherwise, there is no point getting rid of Rodgers if names on the replacement shortlist are Eddie Howe and Garry Monk. Will only find ourselves in the same situation (or worse) in a couple of years.
I think that's a very wise series of statements there. I don't think the chances for Liverpool to get into 4th are as bleak as they look now, you'll certainly hope for better from last summer's signings this time around and Daniel Sturridge's fitness will close the gap considerably. The rest will be down to injuries across a season, big game performances and number of key mistakes as always.

The thing that would concern me if I were a Liverpool fan is that when Rodgers joined, Arsenal were a sitting duck to take 4th from but since then they've added quality, difference-making players - Sanchez & Ozil in particular alone could decide enough games to split 4th and 5th across a season. City are about to undergo a squad overhaul and while they could suffer a similar dip, you'd expect them to kick on or at least maintain status quo with Silva & Aguero enough to push for titles alone. Then there's United who "should" be better again next term too and we have Di Maria, Rooney, Mata and hopefully Memphis to bed in well also.

Where are Liverpool's equivalents? Coutinho for all his praise hasn't impacted nearly as many games to warrant it in reality but you feel there's a big pressure on his shoulders next year. Henderson is probably best placed to step up again from a midfield role. Rodgers is unlikely to bring in a series of sweeping star players so he will have to develop a team that can press high and transition to share the load and ease the burden on Sturridge and Coutinho. Can he do that again, just as Sterling and Sturridge did for Suarez?

Then if he can, can he do it well enough to take a place from one of those teams for that Champions League qualification?

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Moyes finished with more points (64pts) last season than Brentans Liverpool (62pts) did this season.
Wow, that's actually quite damning. I would have liked him to stay another season as I enjoy his attacking football. But I can't see him buying good players to play that attacking football. Like Bob says, he hasn't 'earned' himself the right to survive the chop. If the players gave up on him against Stoke then only he's to blame.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
As funny as yesterday was, it was still one of those end of season games where the players probably couldn't be arsed. Judge him on his season and give him another year, and don't let him anywhere near any transfers....and buy him some fecking chapstick.

Status
Not open for further replies.